• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HUAT AH! USA airhub Chicago wait for SG Changi Airport to get this

condom_loong

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.wsav.com/story/26636305/fire-at-air-control-facility-hundreds-of-cancellations

Fire at Air Control Facility, Hundreds of Cancellations

Posted: Sep 26, 2014 11:06 PM SGT
Updated: Sep 26, 2014 11:06 PM SGT
By Kate Sparrow, Executive Producer - email
CHICAGO (AP) - A fire at an air traffic control facility in suburban Chicago has caused more than 500 flights to be canceled at the city's airports today -- and more cancellations are expected. And that could send delays rippling through the nation's air travel network.
The fire was quickly put out. It began in the basement of the Chicago Air Route Traffic Control Center in Aurora, about 40 miles west of downtown Chicago. The center was evacuated because of the fire, and management of the region's air space was transferred to other facilities.
A city spokesman in Aurora says emergency crews discovered a man in the basement of the facility with a self-inflicted wound and took him to the hospital. It's not clear whether the man had anything to do with the fire.
An employee at the facility was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
It's the second time since May that a problem at one of the Chicago area's control facilities prompted a ground stop at O'Hare and Midway International airports. In May, an electrical problem forced the evacuation of a regional radar facility in suburban Elgin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far, Savannah-Hilton Head International has seen minimal effects from this, but be sure to check your flight information before leaving home.* Here is the link: http://savannahairport.com/

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by 8pm central time, there were 1300 flights cancelled, and before midnight, more than 2000 flights coming into and flying out of o'hare were grounded. i was in a similar situation before in may this year. an air traffic control facility near chicago was shut down due to smoke from a faulty motor in the hvac system, and my flight was re-routed to peoria, illinois. by the time i got to o'hare 3 hours later, the airport was a mess, with hundreds of cancellations and tens of thousands of passengers trying to rebook on alternative flights. i missed my connecting flight (it was cancelled anyway), and i ended up sleeping at the terminal to try to catch the next flight out next morning. all flights were overbooked and i decided to stay put in chicago for another day.

took pic below while sleeping on a cot at o'hare in may.

image.jpg

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/13/usa-chicago-airports-idUSL1N0NZ1P220140513

sinkies should consider themselves extremely lucky as changi is tip top and does not experience massive shutdowns like major airports in america. and you must thank the pap for that. :biggrin: