• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much does a Lt. Colnel in the SAF earns every month?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always see this ya ya papaya Lt Col staying at my parents' block coming back from work in smart No. 4. Last nite, I saw him parking his Honda Jazz in the carpark lot. Shouldn't a senior officer be staying in a condo instead of a 4 room flat and driving a bigger car?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A farmer LTC with some seniority can hit $10k today.
A high flying scholar earns double that in excess of $200k per year.
Mind you a U grad with good degree now starts off with $5k basic salary as a LTA.
Your neighbour maybe a finiancial prudent chap.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe he is trying to look humble? Hehe..

if not the CPIB will be on to him!
$10k can buy much now in expensive sinkieland.
If sole breadwinner with 1-2 kids then $10k is just bare minimum for humble hdb heartland lifestyle with budget yearly family holidays and a jap family car.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their salaries are insane.....during my ns time I know many sergeants and staff sergeants barely earning 2k plus after sacrificing 10 years of their lives..... This guy joins saf for 2 years earns 10k a month gets promoted to ltc and even talks about quitting the military and going back to the private sector.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rank pay is just a basic component.

The high fliers and key appointment holders get superscale pay which goes way beyond that.

At Mindef, the MAJ and LTC are as numerous as corporals and sergeants in an ordinary camp. What sets them apart is the appointments they hold, if any.

Oh, and the canteen breaks are numerous and long at Mindef. Your taxpayer dollars hard at work, keeping you safe. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
Liddat, just in case he doesn't make it to General or gets a cosy appointment at a GLC, he got more for retirement mah........................ :biggrin:

Always see this ya ya papaya Lt Col staying at my parents' block coming back from work in smart No. 4. Last nite, I saw him parking his Honda Jazz in the carpark lot. Shouldn't a senior officer be staying in a condo instead of a 4 room flat and driving a bigger car?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A farmer LTC with some seniority can hit $10k today.
A high flying scholar earns double that in excess of $200k per year.
Mind you a U grad with good degree now starts off with $5k basic salary as a LTA.
Your neighbour maybe a finiancial prudent chap.

Scholars are known as $68-million men. That's how much they cost taxpayers at the minimum.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also depends on what vocation u are,,if one is a LTC Pilot,,,be it chopper of fighter etc,,will definitely earn much more than a COL infantry officer,,,

The high fliers and key appointment holders get superscale pay which goes way beyond that.

At Mindef, the MAJ and LTC are as numerous as corporals and sergeants in an ordinary camp. What sets them apart is the appointments they hold, if any.

Oh, and the canteen breaks are numerous and long at Mindef. Your taxpayer dollars hard at work, keeping you safe. :wink:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe he only a local appointed LTC reservist. CMI as regular and only a uses car saleman which explain the jazz. My reservist hq coy OC only a taxi driver, last official rank only LTA after 12 years in saf. Reservist he local promote to cpt.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe he only a local appointed LTC reservist. CMI as regular and only a uses car saleman which explain the jazz. My reservist hq coy OC only a taxi driver, last official rank only LTA after 12 years in saf. Reservist he local promote to cpt.

Used car salesmen would drive better cars and everyday change.....customer cars at his disposal

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How much can they get from the appointment pay? 50 percent of basic or 2X basic?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LTC earns about sgd$10k but actual worth is abt sgd$2k
PM earns $200k per mth ? Actual worth is $5k per mth lol

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hope the lasup matas dun get jealous, army training is indeed tougher than their 302 training...:biggrin: