• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matt Damon to rehash Jason Bourne character in new movie

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Matt Damon to return for another Jason Bourne film
Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass are to reunite for another Bourne film, to be released in 2016

bourne_3039682b.jpg

Matt Damon in The Bourne Ultimatum Photo: Film Stills

By Rupert Hawksley
10:03AM BST 16 Sep 2014

This is the news that fans of the Jason Bourne film series have been hoping for – but never seriously expecting.

Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass are to reunite for another Jason Bourne film, it has been reported. If confirmed, this would be the third time the pair have worked together on this film franchise, following The Bourne Supremacy (2004) and The Bourne Ultimatum (2007).

This represents a significant turnaround, given that both Damon and Greengrass have previously distanced themselves from any further Bourne films.

It is understood that the film, which will be made by Universal, will be ready for release on July 16 – the same date that a Bourne spin-off directed by Justin Lin (The Fast and the Furious) and starring Jeremy Renner was due for release.

It is not yet known whether the Damon/Greengrass collaboration will replace this film but Deadline.com have reported that both films will go ahead and that both will be produced by Universal.

Universal refused to comment on the situation.

The Jason Bourne trilogy, which started in 2002 with the Doug Lima- directed The Bourne Identity, has grossed over $1billion at the box office worldwide. The films, based on characters created by the novelist Robert Ludlum, tell the story of the eponymous Jason Bourne, an amnesiac CIA agent battling to recover his memory.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Probably another prequel. They already did 4.....the last one without Damon.
That said I will still want to watch it.
Another series I want see revive is 24.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Probably another prequel. They already did 4.....the last one without Damon.
That said I will still want to watch it.
Another series I want see revive is 24.

I heard that one was quite horrible.. The stupid Hawkeye guy can't act.

I never liked Matt Damon until the Bourne series. I think that's a role which suits him very well.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't Jason Bourne in god mode for all his movies? He cannot even be hurt like steven segal in all his movies.

Wouldnt it be better to watch a movie where the hero still displays human qualities? I noticed that Asian movies don't make their main character in god mode. In tony ja movies he still gets whacked and beaten up, same with Donny yen same with that Indon guy in the raid movies.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bourne trilogy is based on books?those were some of the best movies ever made in recent years......

any movies based on books always have fantastic plots.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Matt Damon Confirms Bourne Return

<cite class="byline vcard" style="font-style: normal; color: rgb(119, 119, 119); font-size: 12px; display: block; font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; vertical-align: middle;">Access Hollywood – <abbr title="2014-11-09T18:33:49Z" style="border: 0px;">Mon, Nov 10, 2014 2:33 AM SGT</abbr></cite>
97572.jpg

Matt Damon as Jason Bourne (Universal)

It's official – Matt Damon has confirmed he will reprise the role of Jason Bourne in an upcoming movie – his fourth as the rogue CIA operative.

"Yes, next year," Matt told E! News at the "Project Greenlight" Season 4 event, when asked if the reports of the actor playing Bourne once again were true. "It'll be in 2016 when the movie will actually come out."

Matt said his return hinged on whether director Paul Greengrass was attached to helm the movie.

Paul directed the second and third installment of the action films, "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Bourne Ultimatum."

"Paul Greengrass is going to do another one and that's all I ever said. I just needed him to say yes," Matt said.

This will be the fifth movie in the franchise inspired by Robert Ludlum's novels. The first three starred Matt, while the fourth, "The Bourne Legacy," featured Jeremy Renner.

-- Erin O'Sullivan

Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pleased to hear Matt Damon will be reprising his role as Jason Bourne. I really enjoyed the trilogy but as much as I like Paul Greengrass, his shaky camera work gave me a right headache in the last two movies.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow power.
I got my wish with 24 doing a final season 9.
Now Bourne got another movie.
I'm hooked on the blacklist now though.....season 3

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pleased to hear Matt Damon will be reprising his role as Jason Bourne. I really enjoyed the trilogy but as much as I like Paul Greengrass, his shaky camera work gave me a right headache in the last two movies.

He made the role of Jason Bourn his own.