• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buying Property in Australia, Think again.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been looking at Aussie property data, and they are no good at all for buyers.

I have figures that enforce the property bubble situation in Australia. It is twice as big as the USA and almost as large as the UK. In the other words, the bubble has yet to burst, the pains are not with us yet.

Some people may argue, why isn't Aussie economy taking the same hit as the UK? We already have absorbed some blow. The AUD devaluation has been effective, thanks to the resources and the small economy and the disallocation of supply of properties.

Axe168. Take note. The decision to buy is yours.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been looking at Aussie property data, and they are no good at all for buyers.

I have figures that enforce the property bubble situation in Australia. It is twice as big as the USA and almost as large as the UK. In the other words, the bubble has yet to burst, the pains are not with us yet.

Some people may argue, why isn't Aussie economy taking the same hit as the UK? We already have absorbed some blow. The AUD devaluation has been effective, thanks to the resources and the small economy and the disallocation of supply of properties.

Well, you have ya data and I have mine :smile: My records show favourable leh :smile: I have a frz already bought a hse using cash money despite the market is not quite ready..

I am fully ready by 5mths to 9mths..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
QUOTE=neddy;177543]
Axe168. Take note. The decision to buy is yours.[/QUOTE]

Please do not panic, I am supported by RP Data, ANZ reports, REIV, Council data, town planning guidelines and AHURI research plus I had attended the Sydney Housing Conference 2008.. So I am pretty confident lah :smile:

Judging by the building approvals, it does not support the birth rates and influx of migrants, let alone a specific state and area where there have strict development rules.. of course, the scenario might change BUT my prediction is quite credible..

This is a wealth exchange period.. those who are greedy prior the crash will become bankrupt... ie Temasek, heehee. Those who are prudent, keeps money, will ride on the waves if they have the guts now...

As for me, I have 2 balls hanging outside.. Guts many-many, heehee...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
QUOTE=neddy;177543]

Please do not panic, I am supported by RP Data, ANZ reports, REIV, Council data, town planning guidelines and AHURI research plus I had attended the Sydney Housing Conference 2008.. So I am pretty confident lah :smile:

As for me, I have 2 balls hanging outside.. Guts many-many, heehee...[/QUOTE]

Different capital cities are different when it comes to property.

I guess we cannot go wrong sticking to the fundamentals ... Location-Location-Location.

These days, banks are squeezing mortgage brokers out of the business - after my mortgage broker turn down my investment property purchase, the same bank come along and sell the loan to me direct ... of course, at the same time, ask me to open other accounts with them to service the loans ...

Personally, I will also not read too much into data and see the situation myself. There are just too much noise in a desperate market and the sharks are trying to prop up the figures.

There is this brand new investment property in Perth that I was interested in a while ago, but the builder would rather leave it vacant than put up for sale.

Very good, Asian-type of kitchen appliances (wok burner, etc) quality finish.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, you have ya data and I have mine :smile: My records show favourable leh :smile: I have a frz already bought a hse using cash money despite the market is not quite ready..

I am fully ready by 5mths to 9mths..

I think your timing will be good.

Currently, the market is also artifically propped up by government intervention.
I am interested to see the market reaction prior to the $15k first home buyer grant expiry as well as the govt response following that.

Some Singaporeans back in Perth are also scouting around for empty or old blocks. Prices are still too high, $300k.

I think some people still prefer single-storey house, they may even build an alfresco kitchen for the real Asian style cooking (indoor stainless steel kitchen for show only - making instant noodle) and build a granny unit if space permit.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think your timing will be good.

There are ppl who make money in the booming market, likewise it can apply to the crisis period. In this diff time, if you are gutsy.. I think you can take good advantage...

If you have the cash.. be different.. dont follow the herd.. above $700k market will have difficulty selling their home.. get in there and make a dirt cheap offer.. you'll be surprised what you can get :smile:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are ppl who make money in the booming market, likewise it can apply to the crisis period. In this diff time, if you are gutsy.. I think you can take good advantage...

If you have the cash.. be different.. dont follow the herd.. above $700k market will have difficulty selling their home.. get in there and make a dirt cheap offer.. you'll be surprised what you can get :smile:

What booming market? Where is this booming market?

??????

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
What booming market? Where is this booming market?

??????

Australia had a booming market since 1998. To date the properties have grown >200% ... so what there is a down time now, a mere 20% drop is nothing.. of course i hope it can drop another 10%

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I know what you mean, some suburbs are "booming" while the POMs and sea-changer suburbs are in trouble.

Historically, low interest rates have always attract the first home buyers suburbs. It is no difference this time. The people getting burnt are the baby boomers who are in the first place, responsible to pushing up the property prices.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you live in fantasyland?

No. I live in the real world.

It is not surprising that the lower end of the property market has rebounded.
According to REIWA, the Dec 2008 sales have doubled in this sector. And why not.
Rental is still going up, so it make sense to go into home ownerships. I know one who is a RBS retrenched Singapore expat bringing back his money to buy property here. He just found a full-time job with CBH.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. I live in the real world.

It is not surprising that the lower end of the property market has rebounded.
According to REIWA, the Dec 2008 sales have doubled in this sector. And why not.
Rental is still going up, so it make sense to go into home ownerships. I know one who is a RBS retrenched Singapore expat bringing back his money to buy property here. He just found a full-time job with CBH.

Sales are up worldwide, because of lower prices

This does not constitute a "rebound"

Australia should aim for lower property prices like the US for obvious reasons....

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PM there said prices are going up for GOOOD.

See above, my prediction in Feb 2009.. Thank god, I managed to get in sometime in Jun.. enjoyed a mini boom for the moment :smile: but hey, this is not good enough !

Juz met my new neighbour (Italy-Australian developer) he intends to demolish his property and put a big house by 2011..A Display House.. Hmmm.. if he can sell xx mil.. I shld be able get 75% of his value..

Australia is so kind to me :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I take back this post.

Comparing USA and Australia is comparing Lemons with Grapes.

Just because US has gone Lemon does not means that we need to call Australia Sour Grapes.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I take back this post.

Comparing USA and Australia is comparing Lemons with Grapes.

Just because US has gone Lemon does not means that we need to call Australia Sour Grapes.

Heehee.. no need to take back your statement lah.. In fact, you are quite right.. when US sneeze... the world will be affected.. however, it is slowly changing.. in next few yrs if China catches a cold.. the world will be affected.

Australia is under a very unique situation.. our fundemental is strong (banks are strong). lack of supply.. high no. of migrants arriving... together with the up and coming resource boom.. it is going to be up-up-up and up..

You'll see signs of a good economy now.. building new schools, dams, roads, rails etc are expanding.. they do it for a reason ~ to prepare for 40mil population in Australia.

We shld all be smiling... if it turns into reality, we'll cash out the money and relax in New Zealand.. kekeke

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heehee.. no need to take back your statement lah.. In fact, you are quite right.. when US sneeze... the world will be affected.. however, it is slowly changing.. in next few yrs if China catches a cold.. the world will be affected.

Australia is under a very unique situation.. our fundemental is strong (banks are strong). lack of supply.. high no. of migrants arriving... together with the up and coming resource boom.. it is going to be up-up-up and up..

You'll see signs of a good economy now.. building new schools, dams, roads, rails etc are expanding.. they do it for a reason ~ to prepare for 40mil population in Australia.

We shld all be smiling... if it turns into reality, we'll cash out the money and relax in New Zealand.. kekeke

Brothel moron. You truly are the gift that keeps on giving. The world economy HAS NOT decoupled from the largest economy in the world, the US. Its a well known fact and only a moron like you who stares at cieling fans would even bring it up today. Try again in 30 years you spastic high tax paying moron. You deserve you mediocre existence and your PAP masters expect you to return to SG with your tail between your legs.

Or maybe I should just leave Australia alone for a few months so that you morons can begin to complain about your horrible lives there just like you used to.

But its more fun this way......