• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Xiaomi Tops Chinese Smartphone Market

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you already have an iphone. then what are you talking about? Brainless and racist. Can't stand a useless brainless racist.

You stupid nigger. I was telling you how idiotic can you be judging the brand based on the name and yes i own an iphone but then so what i then showed an example that the brand name apple sounds stupid too cos it's named after a fruit but your biasness won't allow you to process it all because one is an american company and they name their company after a fruit that's fine. The other is from china so no matter the brand name even if it sounded european you would still bash it.

Also stop trying to diverge from the subject like calling me racist. Me racist? Wouldn't want me to call you a petty bitter cry baby that holds grudges.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's where you're mistaken. Western companies spy extensively on consumers and rivals to advance business interests; Chinese companies focus on technology acquisition. TOCs don't do diddly-squat to prevent spying. The only difference is that in the US you can sue; much more difficult in China.

When it comes to spying on their own citizens, the US govt is no different from the CCP, if not more sophisticated and clandestine:
http://www.vice.com/read/a-brief-history-of-the-united-states-governments-warrentless-spying

And we all know that the NSA is the world's #1 monitor of the internet and phone records, not just of their citizens or their enemies, but also of their allies. The CCP would love to give an arm for even 1% of the NSA's technological resources and intelligence capabilities.

The US-bootlicking double standard in this forum is appalling. Every country spies. Every big company spies. But the US and their companies do it better, more extensively, more sophisticatedly than anyone else. China can't even hold a candle to the Russians, not to mention the Americans.

That's the point. It's just sickening that in here you aren't judged by your actions but who you are. This then leads to a serious problem. The US can do no wrong and if they do something wrong it's just overlooked or just accepted.

In fact if the NSA is more sophiscated than china's technology that would mean they are spying on an even higher lvl and have done it for a longer time not just on US citizens but probably citizens all over the world. Yet people are willing to let that pass all because it's the US.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In fact if the NSA is more sophiscated than china's technology that would mean they are spying on an even higher lvl and have done it for a longer time not just on US citizens but probably citizens all over the world.

You're right about the US spying on citizens all over the world. Spying on your enemies is a given. Spying on your own citizens, while nasty, can be presumed to be within the ambit of a govt's power. When you spy on your own NATO allies, even their heads of state, it's considered very bad form.

U.S. Spy Scandal Triggers Outrage, Paranoia in Germany

<address class="stack-byline-spread hidden-sm" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-style: normal; font-size: 0.8125rem; line-height: 1.25rem; margin-bottom: 1rem; display: block; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: proxima_nova_ltsemibold, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; position: relative; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); ">BY ALEXANDER SMITH</address>
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]A slew of allegations that Washington has been spying on longtime ally Germany has plunged Berlin's corridors of power into a state of paranoia reminiscent of the Cold War era.
[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Some analysts even suggest the crisis could even end with the "nightmare scenario" of Germany being pushed away from the West and embracing Russia.[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The relationship has been rocky since NSA files leaked by Edward Snowden last year alleged that U.S. intelligence officials bugged the cellphone of Germany’s leader, Chancellor Angela Merkel. Bitter memories of the Nazi Gestapo and East Germany's Stasi mean spying isn't as accepted by the public as in the U.S.
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The crisis exploded last month when two German government staffers were accused of spying for the U.S. This led to the top CIA official stationed in Germany being asked to leave the country – an unprecedented move between friendly nations.
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]It has left sections of the German parliament, the Bundestag, taking counter-measures to make sure sensitive discussions remain private. The parliamentary committee set up to investigate NSA-type surveillance has resorted to using soundproof rooms, playing loud classical music during briefings, and even considering [/FONT]ditching email in favor of typewriters[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular] in a bid to protect against further breaches, its chair Patrick Sensburg told NBC News.[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Merkel’s public statements on the topic have been terse and she is said to be furious about the breach of trust.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]"We have questions to the U.S. government and these questions are not answered yet, and maybe that’s why the chief of intelligence had to leave the country?" said Sensburg, a lawmaker in Merkel's Christian Democratic Union party. "To bring back trust I think the U.S. government needs to start providing answers."
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]According to [/FONT]the German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular], Germany's own spies have even shifted some of their focus from old antagonists like China and Iran to watching the clandestine activities of American operatives on their own soil.[/FONT]

"The situation has become extremely bad and it is seriously regrettable it has gotten to this stage," said Professor Anthony Glees, director of the Centre for Security and Intelligence Studies at England's University of Buckingham. "With the Middle East in turmoil it is not a good time for a country that is democratic and Western to be at loggerheads with the U.S. It’s not yet at the nightmare scenario - one in which Germany gets closer to Russia - but it’s heading toward that."

First published August 2nd 2014, 5:16 pm

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're right about the US spying on citizens all over the world. Spying on your enemies is a given. Spying on your own citizens, while nasty, can be presumed to be within the ambit of a govt's power. When you spy on your own NATO allies, even their heads of state, it's considered very bad form.

Yup but you see the biasness of people somehow just allows the US to get away with it.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's the point. It's just sickening that in here you aren't judged by your actions but who you are. This then leads to a serious problem. The US can do no wrong and if they do something wrong it's just overlooked or just accepted.

In fact if the NSA is more sophiscated than china's technology that would mean they are spying on an even higher lvl and have done it for a longer time not just on US citizens but probably citizens all over the world. Yet people are willing to let that pass all because it's the US.

Yes. Ask Taiwan, they are Chinese too. USA is doing a lot of wrong, eg the Global Financial Crisis is a big one.

But it is the question of TRUST. Which bad guy you trust?

It is the actions that define the person. Chinese businessmen are totally dictators, we are seeing just how ruthless they are. This is not the time for the Genghis Khans type.

China has obtained ALL the nuclear weapon plans of the US as well as the Joint strike fighter.

The problem with China is that everyone think it will be a benign power, but it is not.

America is increasingly a reluctant power, there is no joy being a super power, Great Britain learnt it the hard way when it became entwined with its colonies.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First published August 2nd 2014, 5:16 pm

You must understand why US is spying on its allies, the French have sold themselves to the Russians, the German head is from East Germany. You need intelligence to find out what is going on.

But in China, the Communist Party still think that they are some illegal underground movement, banned Vatican, harass its citizens eg Ai Weiwei.

Also, Victoria Nuland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Nuland

The EU is not interested in solving the problem.

This is give you some idea.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/karl...the-return-of-europes-sleepwalkers-1409786698

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So far very happy with my Xiaomi's Redmi Note - cheep and good

Twin SIM card really steady

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You must understand why US is spying on its allies, the French have sold themselves to the Russians, the German head is from East Germany. You need intelligence to find out what is going on.

But in China, the Communist Party still think that they are some illegal underground movement, banned Vatican, harass its citizens eg Ai Weiwei.

So going by your twisted logic only the US is entitled to intelligence to 'find out what is going on'? China is not entitled to 'find out what is going on'?

Next question: who's more likely to spy on your country – Singapore – US or China?

Next question: who has the greater capability to spy on your country – US or China?

Next question: who then possess a greater intelligence threat to your country's classified secrets – US or China?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
B2AD9D77-4EA5-400C-9842-F677CA184953.jpg

Software still not good enough. Look at the fonts and part of 'Play Store' and 'Messaging' have been truncated.

Chinese phone manufacturers are also not very good at localization, you may find some instances of Chinglish in the software text.

These things may seem small and trivial, but it all adds up to the whole experience.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country with no secrets fears no spies. It would be awful if other nations learn the secrets of how the PAP milks the citizenry and the migrant horde.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still waiting to get mine from the xiaomi website and its still out of stock for a week goes on like this. I will buy something else.

And ah joe..is the phone dual sim active as both sims r on the same time?

So far very happy with my Xiaomi's Redmi Note - cheep and good

Twin SIM card really steady

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Software still not good enough. Look at the fonts and part of 'Play Store' and 'Messaging' have been truncated.

Chinese phone manufacturers are also not very good at localization, you may find some instances of Chinglish in the software text.

These things may seem small and trivial, but it all adds up to the whole experience.

Good points. Xiaomi is now focussing on maximising value for dollar in terms of functionality and intuitive interface. But to become a global icon it has to pay attention to the finer details like fonts and design. Localization doesn't come easy for companies based in huge home markets (Nokia's strength in this area compared with Motorola is instructive). Steep learning curve for Chinese firms.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Still waiting to get mine from the xiaomi website and its still out of stock for a week goes on like this. I will buy something else.

And ah joe..is the phone dual sim active as both sims r on the same time?

Both active but then only Starhub selected for data. Therefore I can still receive Telcomsel phone calls and sms

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both active but then only Starhub selected for data. Therefore I can still receive Telcomsel phone calls and sms

xiaomi mi3 was given free (not the low end redmi)during national day promotion with 2 years contract or recontract.