• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
subsidized initially but now it has to show balance sheet like any pubic company after ipo, unlike gulf airlines which continue to receive cash injections with no accountability. anyway, for the direct sfo-sin route, sia is still the best considering the only competition is united. of course, if booked in u.s. fares are cheaper than those booked in sg. it is obviously targeted at the american market.

For me it is probably EVA Air. As I mention EVA Air offers the Premium Economy class which provides a bit more room but not at the cost of a business class ticket.

United is for those who want to accumulate flyer flyer miles.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me it is probably EVA Air. As I mention EVA Air offers the Premium Economy class which provides a bit more room but not at the cost of a business class ticket.

United is for those who want to accumulate flyer flyer miles.

aiyah. i'm referring to the direct (non-stop) route between sfo and sin lah. eva doesn't factor into that equation as it has a stopover at tpe.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah. i'm referring to the direct (non-stop) route between sfo and sin lah. eva doesn't factor into that equation as it has a stopover at tpe.

What's wrong with stopping over in Taipei?

Usually SIA has stops in HK, Narita, ... give one the chance to stretch legs before the start of a looong flight.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's wrong with stopping over in Taipei?

Usually SIA has stops in HK, Narita, ... give one the chance to stretch legs before the start of a looong flight.

it's a waste of time to stop at tpe. moreover, it's a ghost town after 10pm. only place one can wank silly at tpe is the hello kitty corner. open 24 by 6.9 but it's a kid's playground. on a direct sfo-sin flight which is 2 hours shorter can walk around the cabin as the plane has a u-turn at the rear galley. sia offers baskets of fruit, snacks, and drinks in that galley, and passengers are encouraged to self-serve, get up, walk about and go to that galley for breaks. nothing to do except stare at hello kitty corner when you stopover in tpe. you die your own biz is what truly happens at tpe after late night. and that chiangkaishit airport is literally the shits.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's a waste of time to stop at tpe. moreover, it's a ghost town after 10pm. only place one can wank silly at tpe is the hello kitty corner. open 24 by 6.9 but it's a kid's playground. on a direct sfo-sin flight which is 2 hours shorter can walk around the cabin as the plane has a u-turn at the rear galley. sia offers baskets of fruit, snacks, and drinks in that galley, and passengers are encouraged to self-serve, get up, walk about and go to that galley for breaks. nothing to do except stare at hello kitty corner when you stopover in tpe. you die your own biz is what truly happens at tpe after late night. and that chiangkaishit airport is literally the shits.

My priority is different. I prefer the chance to get out & walk about because I'm in no rush. In Spore I usually take public transport & have gotten used to a lot of delays.

My concern with long flights has to do with health concerns like deep vein thrombosis & myocardial infarction. I'm no spring chicken & have had problems with my heart so that is why I'm looking for more leg room. I may even consider flying business

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My priority is different. I prefer the chance to get out & walk about because I'm in no rush. In Spore I usually take public transport & have gotten used to a lot of delays.

My concern with long flights has to do with health concerns like deep vein thrombosis & myocardial infarction. I'm no spring chicken & have had problems with my heart so that is why I'm looking for more leg room. I may even consider flying business

if one of your legs (no pun intended) is over 6.9 hours in flight time, your susceptibility to deep vein thrombosis poses a threat nonetheless. since the leg from sfo to tpe is about 12 hours you need to get your butt up and walk around the cabin anyway. adding another 2-3 hours for a non-stop flight to sin doesn't compel the need for a stopover in either tpe or hkg when one needs to walk around the cabin or go up and down the aisle looking for an open loo. unless the next thing you'll tell me is that you don't go to the loo ever on a long haul flight as your bladder has a capacity of 6.9 gallons and you prefer to remain seated for all flights. :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
if one of your legs (no pun intended) is over 6.9 hours in flight time, your susceptibility to deep vein thrombosis poses a threat nonetheless. since the leg from sfo to tpe is about 12 hours you need to get your butt up and walk around the cabin anyway. adding another 2-3 hours for a non-stop flight to sin doesn't compel the need for a stopover in either tpe or hkg when one needs to walk around the cabin or go up and down the aisle looking for an open loo. unless the next thing you'll tell me is that you don't go to the loo ever on a long haul flight as your bladder has a capacity of 6.9 gallons and you prefer to remain seated for all flights. :biggrin:

Can get up and go to the galley to geeseow the stewardesses and ask for their hotel name counted as anti DVT measure?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can get up and go to the galley to geeseow the stewardesses and ask for their hotel name counted as anti DVT measure?

if going to sfo no need ask for hotel. everyone knows their hotel is parc 55 in downtown sf. for new attendants trying to save money, they would walk through the tunnel on stockton after check-in and changing up to go to chinatown and find cheap makan. they would sleep in late next day due to jet lag. so don't teeko and try to disturb. they need their beauty sleep. best time to geeseow stewardesses is the quiet galley in the rear when lights are out. yes, good anti-dvt sexcuse. for me when younger i would book seats at emergency exits. during takeoff and landing, they (at least a pair) bo pian had to face you and see you eye to eye. in half an hour when they were belted down especially during landing could strike up conversation with both and invite them for a stag party in sausalito. promise them you'll pick them up in a hummer and they will be open to a hump all the way and back. dvt definitely goes away.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I already walk around whenever I fly. However I still remember how crammed I felt when flying SIA economy especially because SIA flights are usually crowded. When a flight is crowded it's not as easy to walk around without bumping into people.

The best flight I ever took was on a Quantas economy flight to London. Only a third of the seats were occupied & the crew spread the passengers around so that each of us had 3 seats allowing us to use the seats as beds. That was the most comfortable flight I ever had. Sleeping though most of the trip & skipping on the meals :smile:

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, my one para on the fact that Sully was a fighter pilot flying commercial airliners makes all your posts look like you are an idiot. How does that feel?

Hahaha..you mind as well add SilkAir Cpt Tsu Way Ming, famous RSAF Top pilot and Black Knights. I'm sure you would want to have a front seat.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
if going to sfo no need ask for hotel. everyone knows their hotel is parc 55 in downtown sf. for new attendants trying to save money, they would walk through the tunnel on stockton after check-in and changing up to go to chinatown and find cheap makan. they would sleep in late next day due to jet lag. so don't teeko and try to disturb. they need their beauty sleep. best time to geeseow stewardesses is the quiet galley in the rear when lights are out. yes, good anti-dvt sexcuse. for me when younger i would book seats at emergency exits. during takeoff and landing, they (at least a pair) bo pian had to face you and see you eye to eye. in half an hour when they were belted down especially during landing could strike up conversation with both and invite them for a stag party in sausalito. promise them you'll pick them up in a hummer and they will be open to a hump all the way and back. dvt definitely goes away.

KNN, how you know they are at Parc 55, that is supposed to be confidential info. SQ screws ..... i mean crews, very leeluctant to give out that info. Parking there is the shits. Anyway, now that they are flying Airbus 350, yeah, its non stop. I hate those non stops. Cooped up in the plane the whole time. If I am flying with a FWB, then its not so bad, can play with her pussy under the blanket and get a handjob most of the way. But that does not help with the DVT since I am lying there diddling her. hehehehehehe

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I already walk around whenever I fly. However I still remember how crammed I felt when flying SIA economy especially because SIA flights are usually crowded. When a flight is crowded it's not as easy to walk around without bumping into people.

The best flight I ever took was on a Quantas economy flight to London. Only a third of the seats were occupied & the crew spread the passengers around so that each of us had 3 seats allowing us to use the seats as beds. That was the most comfortable flight I ever had. Sleeping though most of the trip & skipping on the meals :smile:

I recall once I flew domestic in the US to Miami, a lot of american passengers getting into the holiday mood before they get to Miami. KNN walk down the aisle of the plane got see so many down blouse big angmo titties, some with no bra. hehehehehehe. Steam oready by the time I reach the toilet. hehehehhe

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Almost all the ex air force pilots make the grade when they move on from military to commercial flying. Some find the transition easier than others and many are doing well as instructors and management pilots. Their military flying whether fighters or transport, develops their handling skills and being in the forces they usually have and display good leadership qualities.

They need to learn how to manage the automation in the cockpit and work well together with their partner in the cockpit. They also need to pick up a different perspective of safety mindedness in relation to schedule pressures. Most do so fairly easily because along with their leadership qualities as mentioned, they also have maturity.

So all in all yes, ex airforce pilots usually end up as good commercial pilots.

Hahaha..you mind as well add SilkAir Cpt Tsu Way Ming, famous RSAF Top pilot and Black Knights. I'm sure you would want to have a front seat.

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost all the ex air force pilots make the grade when they move on from military to commercial flying. Some find the transition easier than others and many are doing well as instructors and management pilots. Their military flying whether fighters or transport, develops their handling skills and being in the forces they usually have and display good leadership qualities.

They need to learn how to manage the automation in the cockpit and work well together with their partner in the cockpit. They also need to pick up a different perspective of safety mindedness in relation to schedule pressures. Most do so fairly easily because along with their leadership qualities as mentioned, they also have maturity.

So all in all yes, ex airforce pilots usually end up as good commercial pilots.

Not skills issue. Temperament and upbringing differs from expats pilots. One idiot here exemplify this.

jw5

Loyal
Wasn't he the pilot of Silkair flight 185 which crashed in Palembang Indonesia? The crash was featured in the documentary Air Crash Investigation.