Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 181 to 194 of 194

Thread: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    23,799
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    There have been issues with South Korean military pilots moving to the commercial World. Its not a one-off affair. The fear of challenging a superior is a known traits and that comes form the military back ground. In the case of our Silk Air pilot, he had chalked up a series of breaches. He should not have been allowed to fly. The demotion did nothing to save the lives of innocent passengers.


    Quote Originally Posted by sadshishamo View Post
    Almost all the ex air force pilots make the grade when they move on from military to commercial flying. Some find the transition easier than others and many are doing well as instructors and management pilots. Their military flying whether fighters or transport, develops their handling skills and being in the forces they usually have and display good leadership qualities.

    They need to learn how to manage the automation in the cockpit and work well together with their partner in the cockpit. They also need to pick up a different perspective of safety mindedness in relation to schedule pressures. Most do so fairly easily because along with their leadership qualities as mentioned, they also have maturity.

    So all in all yes, ex airforce pilots usually end up as good commercial pilots.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oxley Rise, Con You is my roomate
    Posts
    18,173
    My Reputation Points: 2391 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    Quote Originally Posted by SalahParking View Post
    Hahaha..you mind as well add SilkAir Cpt Tsu Way Ming, famous RSAF Top pilot and Black Knights. I'm sure you would want to have a front seat.
    Yet another stupid comment coming from your ass. Capt Tsu crashed his plane not because of his military flying background, or lack of proper flying skills due to military flying. He crashed it because he had a mental issue, lost a lot of money and was suicidal. All your idiotic posts earlier make the stupid point that military pilots are risk takers, and still think they are flying fighters in the airlines, and hence are unsafe. This is not what caused Capt Tsu to crash. Keep on bringing up your stupid examples, I enjoy making a fool of you.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,460
    My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny333 View Post
    I already walk around whenever I fly. However I still remember how crammed I felt when flying SIA economy especially because SIA flights are usually crowded. When a flight is crowded it's not as easy to walk around without bumping into people.

    The best flight I ever took was on a Quantas economy flight to London. Only a third of the seats were occupied & the crew spread the passengers around so that each of us had 3 seats allowing us to use the seats as beds. That was the most comfortable flight I ever had. Sleeping though most of the trip & skipping on the meals
    if sia flights are usually crowded it means its service is in demand and it has good business. no problem with that. of course for selfish reasons every passenger wishes he or she is the only passenger on board. for me, i'd rather be surrounded and crowded by chiobus.
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oxley Rise, Con You is my roomate
    Posts
    18,173
    My Reputation Points: 2391 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    Quote Originally Posted by SalahParking View Post
    Not skills issue. Temperament and upbringing differs from expats pilots. One idiot here exemplify this.
    There are literally thousands and thousands of ex military pilots flying airliners all over the world. many with no incidents whatsoever. However, you are such a stupid hypocrite, you don't even realize it. Now, i am going to make you look like a fool again.

    Before you get on a flight, do you ask whether the pilot is ex military? I bet you don't. Despite all your posts about ex military pilots being unsafe, temperament no good, etc, you would still happily climb into a plane flown by one of these ex military pilots. I wonder how many times you have arrived safely at your destination on a plane flown by an ex military pilot? I bet that even if you were told to your face that the pilot flying your plane today was ex military, you would still get on that flight. Let me ask you whether you have ever not gotten on a flight after asking and finding out the pilot was ex military? I bet you never bothered to ask. And I bet even if you knew, you would still get on that plane. What a fucking hypocrite.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,460
    My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    KNN, how you know they are at Parc 55, that is supposed to be confidential info. SQ screws ..... i mean crews, very leeluctant to give out that info. Parking there is the shits. Anyway, now that they are flying Airbus 350, yeah, its non stop. I hate those non stops. Cooped up in the plane the whole time. If I am flying with a FWB, then its not so bad, can play with her pussy under the blanket and get a handjob most of the way. But that does not help with the DVT since I am lying there diddling her. hehehehehehe
    in the late 80s and early 90s it was known as fuck 55 as sf bf's of stewardesses would go up to their rooms to give them a warm welcum (pun intended).
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    22,305
    My Reputation Points: 2229 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    I was surfing Youtube & it seems that there are now many airlines offering their version of Premium Economy seats. So obviously there is a market for more room


  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    207
    My Reputation Points: 44 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    There are literally thousands and thousands of ex military pilots flying airliners all over the world. many with no incidents whatsoever. However, you are such a stupid hypocrite, you don't even realize it. Now, i am going to make you look like a fool again.

    Before you get on a flight, do you ask whether the pilot is ex military? I bet you don't. Despite all your posts about ex military pilots being unsafe, temperament no good, etc, you would still happily climb into a plane flown by one of these ex military pilots. I wonder how many times you have arrived safely at your destination on a plane flown by an ex military pilot? I bet that even if you were told to your face that the pilot flying your plane today was ex military, you would still get on that flight. Let me ask you whether you have ever not gotten on a flight after asking and finding out the pilot was ex military? I bet you never bothered to ask. And I bet even if you knew, you would still get on that plane. What a fucking hypocrite.
    Hahahaha...SIA wont listen, they will still hire expats, you loose then. Confirm chop this looney is really a woman. Getting naggy. Go out and get some, you only charge 2 cents.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    22,305
    My Reputation Points: 2229 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    Quote Originally Posted by eatshitndie View Post
    if sia flights are usually crowded it means its service is in demand and it has good business. no problem with that. of course for selfish reasons every passenger wishes he or she is the only passenger on board. for me, i'd rather be surrounded and crowded by chiobus.
    The crowds I encountered could be foreigners who got their tickets cheaper e.g. Malaysian, Indonesians,.... Back then SIA was popular among other nationalities. As a Sporean I refuse to pay more $$ then other nationalities. I also don't want to pay extra $$ to be treated as a 2nd class citizen by SIA.

    Currently, the fact that SIA is losing $ shows that people are going elsewhere. It is a buyers market & there are airlines that provide cheaper & probably better service than SIA.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,460
    My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny333 View Post
    I was surfing Youtube & it seems that there are now many airlines offering their version of Premium Economy seats. So obviously there is a market for more room

    sia is also offering premium economy class on the direct sfo-sin route. seats remind me of the old business class seats when they were first introduced. on united, business class has crappy seats very much like premium economy seats of asian airlines. business class on sia offers cubicle compartments, very much better than 1st class seats on united. in fact, there's no point flying 1st class on sia as the sfo-sin route also offers cubicle compartments (almost same size as biz class but with more leg room and seat can fold into bed). best is to fly in a mini-suite for 2 with bed and bath on an a-380 for long haul. what i want is a long haul flight with poker players in mind - us$6.9k roundtrip, us$6.9k buy-in on a table for 6.9 players, at least 6.9 hours of playing time, 69 square meters of spacious lounge to relax, 6.9-person live band playing soft music, 6.9 feet of free flowing bar, at least 6.9 cocktail waitresses in bikinis.
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,460
    My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny333 View Post
    The crowds I encountered could be foreigners who got their tickets cheaper e.g. Malaysian, Indonesians,.... Back then SIA was popular among other nationalities. As a Sporean I refuse to pay more $$ then other nationalities. I also don't want to pay extra $$ to be treated as a 2nd class citizen by SIA.

    Currently, the fact that SIA is losing $ shows that people are going elsewhere. It is a buyers market & there are airlines that provide cheaper & probably better service than SIA.
    too bad, remaining a diehard sinkie has no travel perks except for a friendly passport.
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind jw5's anus.
    Posts
    5,996
    My Reputation Points: 529 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    Quote Originally Posted by sadshishamo View Post
    Almost all the ex air force pilots make the grade when they move on from military to commercial flying. Some find the transition easier than others and many are doing well as instructors and management pilots. Their military flying whether fighters or transport, develops their handling skills and being in the forces they usually have and display good leadership qualities.

    They need to learn how to manage the automation in the cockpit and work well together with their partner in the cockpit. They also need to pick up a different perspective of safety mindedness in relation to schedule pressures. Most do so fairly easily because along with their leadership qualities as mentioned, they also have maturity.

    So all in all yes, ex airforce pilots usually end up as good commercial pilots.
    Giora Epstein. 17 comfired jet to jet kills.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    406
    My Reputation Points: 5007 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    In some of the airlines, Korea and to a lesser extent the Thais there is a very strict and rigid hierarchy in the cockpit. The authority gradient is very steep and the copilots and junior Captains would very rarely dare voice out their concerns when the Commander does a course of action or makes a decision. Resource management is far from optimal and under stressful and adverse conditions teamwork breaks down and the flight can be unsafe.

    This state of affairs is due to the military mindset of the system so the unhealthy situation is systemic rather than pilot centric. Change the system, make it more inclusive by decreasing the authority gradient.....encourage inputs and participation and everything would fall into place.

    Regarding the Silk Air pilot , yes for what he did he was taken off the instructors list and reverted to being a line Captain but beyond that there was nothing he did that warranted the suspension or revoking of his flying licence.


    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    There have been issues with South Korean military pilots moving to the commercial World. Its not a one-off affair. The fear of challenging a superior is a known traits and that comes form the military back ground. In the case of our Silk Air pilot, he had chalked up a series of breaches. He should not have been allowed to fly. The demotion did nothing to save the lives of innocent passengers.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    406
    My Reputation Points: 5007 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    Epstein and Sullenberger are well respected pilots for their unquestioned abilities....and in Sully's case for his humility and approachable manner.


    Quote Originally Posted by Debonerman View Post
    Giora Epstein. 17 comfired jet to jet kills.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oxley Rise, Con You is my roomate
    Posts
    18,173
    My Reputation Points: 2391 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

    Quote Originally Posted by SalahParking View Post
    Hahahaha...SIA wont listen, they will still hire expats, you loose then. Confirm chop this looney is really a woman. Getting naggy. Go out and get some, you only charge 2 cents.
    There you go, changing the topic again, like a fickle bitch. I never mention anything about SQ hirign expat pilots. Why are you bringing this up? U posted several article saying that military pilots were unsafe commercial pilots. And, i refuted that by saying Sully was himself an ex military pilot, hence proving that your posts are all shit. I never mention anything about SQ hiring practices. I really enjoy poning your ass.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Police appeal for next-of-kin of Mr Tan Choon Hock
    By Klytus in forum Singapore Crime
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-04-2012, 03:04 PM
  2. How much did your Bros & Sis actually earn ??? Choon Boh ???
    By Mdm Tang in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-03-2012, 11:32 AM
  3. Which temple in Sg has the 'choon choon' chiam see ?
    By Queen Seok Duk in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 21-08-2010, 02:23 PM
  4. CEO Chew Choon Seng on the way out of SIA
    By SNAblog in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27-07-2010, 02:59 PM
  5. Future Singapore PM and President must have Lee Choon Seng Quality
    By fivestars in forum The Political / Serious Zone [no rep deductions]
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-06-2010, 08:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •