• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just $1 for a chance to vote in coming GE.

BoKowChiat

Alfrescian
Loyal
If 1.8M Singaporeans were to donate $1 each to the opposition parties, there were be no walkover in GRC. The candidates were not have to worry about losing their hard earned deposits if they secured less than the required votes(I guess this may not happen this time). I am sure the opp parties will be able to find about 80 professionals to fill up all the seats available. Just a dollar will show the actual popularity of the winning party. Those of you who have yet to vote before, this is the best chance. Send you money via cash transfer at the atm to your favourite party.

Just my humble suggestion. Don't scold me.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya deposits are never an issue for the opposition candidates one la,,,

but to find 80 credible professionals and helpers to faciliate the election process,,, thats another kettle of fish all togther,,,,,

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
If 1.8M Singaporeans were to donate $1 each to the opposition parties, there were be no walkover in GRC. The candidates were not have to worry about losing their hard earned deposits if they secured less than the required votes(I guess this may not happen this time). I am sure the opp parties will be able to find about 80 professionals to fill up all the seats available. Just a dollar will show the actual popularity of the winning party. Those of you who have yet to vote before, this is the best chance. Send you money via cash transfer at the atm to your favourite party.

actually i want to donate more than 1 dollar.. maybe 100 bucks..can or not?

must declare or not? LOL

so when are the oppositions sellings books in public again?

i want to sneak in some kopi money into their pockets...LOL..

Last edited:

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was musing to myself about the ideal way of developing a strong united Opposition to topple the PAP in an election... It will be very easy if there is a budget of $100 million SGD, to ready the following items:

1. Purchase a sizeable building to operate as a HQ preferably in the Central area with the following facilities.

2. Carpark for 2 dozen of 9ft lorries, 2 dozen of middle buses, 2 dozen of saloon cars for transportation & logistic purposes.

3. Storerooms to keep all the banners, pamphlets, newsletters, name-cards, etc.

4. Computer Rooms for online propagandas and communications.

5 Rooms grouped for candidates allocated for each GRC or ward to contest, with a common pool of a few hundred helpers to assist with the various tasks in an election.

6. Meeting Rooms for general meetings for discussions, interview of suitable candidates, recruitment of supporters, volunteers and members, etc.

7. Guard Room for security guards to keep out trespassers.

8. Various rooms for different appointments like Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Law Consultants, PR, etc various appointments to make the whole organisation tick.

9. Big halls for general speech for gatherings, etc.

Handpick suitable Singapore citizens (aged 30 - 60) who have wide contacts and not easily bribed to switch sides as candidates. These personnels must be passionate about serving the Singapore People first and not sell their souls to money and luxury.

A special group will be tasked with fund raising thru events, etc, to continue to fund the operations and as payroll for full-time appointment holders (a comfortable but not ridiculous monthly amount, they are also human beings who need to feed their families.)

I think with all these put in place, we can even the playing field a bit...

But then... no money just talk nia...

Hai!

:(

Last edited:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was musing to myself about the ideal way of developing a strong united Opposition to topple the PAP in an election... It will be very easy if there is a budget of $100 million SGD, to ready the following items:

there's no way to get this kind of money unless PAP pissed off some billionaires who are interested in politics...so what are the chances? LOL

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Purchase a sizeable building to operate as a HQ preferably in the Central area with the following facilities.

2. Carpark for 2 dozen of 9ft lorries, 2 dozen of middle buses, 2 dozen of saloon cars for transportation & logistic purposes.

5 Rooms grouped for candidates allocated for each GRC or ward to contest, with a common pool of a few hundred helpers to assist with the various tasks in an election.

6. Meeting Rooms for general meetings for discussions, interview of suitable candidates, recruitment of supporters, volunteers and members, etc.

8. Various rooms for different appointments like Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Law Consultants, PR, etc various appointments to make the whole organisation tick.

Handpick suitable Singapore citizens (aged 30 - 60) who have wide contacts and not easily bribed to switch sides as candidates. These personnels must be passionate about serving the Singapore People first and not sell their souls to money and luxury.

A special group will be tasked with fund raising thru events, etc, to continue to fund the operations and as payroll for full-time appointment holders (a comfortable but not ridiculous monthly amount, they are also human beings who need to feed their families.)

Hai!

:(

cheaper can or not? economy downturn leh...

how about cyber building, cyber carpark, cyber room, etc etc, can or not?

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
there's no way to get this kind of money unless PAP pissed off some billionaires who are interested in politics...so what are the chances? LOL

Ya loh! Hai! Just imagining nia... But the picture of the whole works in my mind should make those PAPigs sweat a bit...

Nah! What I am trying to say is the whole Opposition must be united and more organised to achieve a more deadly strike into the hearts of PAP organisation...

Money & the right people to do it are the keys to victory!

Cheers!

:p

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya loh! Hai! Just imagining nia... But the picture of the whole works in my mind should make those PAPigs sweat a bit...

Nah! What I am trying to say is the whole Opposition must be united and more organised to achieve a more deadly strike into the hearts of PAP organisation...

Money & the right people to do it are the keys to victory!

Cheers!

:p

yes, opposition must unite.

but i think the problem is not with the hardware, u know, the building and all that. the problem lies with conviction. faith. beliefs. passion. the opposition do they believe in their cause? what is their cause? politics cannot run going thru the motion. gotta do it with passion. i don't see it in the opposition camp.

the PAP also start with fiery, passion and all that. but then later on, lee kuan yew just snuff the life out of sporeans. now spore, is just like a autistic child: very smart in certain way, but lack of people skill.

in politics: beliefs, passion, and people skill plays a very important roles.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
cheaper can or not? economy downturn leh...

how about cyber building, cyber carpark, cyber room, etc etc, can or not?

I think cannot... Everything also cyber won't work one...

This is not playing Counterstrike or any online games here...

Opposition need to be seen and heard physically in order to achieve the results sought after by many for decades...

Transparent & Fair Government who cares for Sg citizens' concerns, retirement which is dignified, affordable health care and transport system for all citizens to use, lawful society and orderly public, poor and homeless, aged and sick people got shelters for them, true democracy, the lists goes on...

That is the ideal Singapore where I love to die in and not regret being a Singaporean...

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hai!

Excuse me... so where to go & pee?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think cannot... Everything also cyber won't work one...

This is not playing Counterstrike or any online games here...

Opposition need to be seen and heard physically in order to achieve the results sought after by many for decades...

Transparent & Fair Government who cares for Sg citizens' concerns, retirement which is dignified, affordable health care and transport system for all citizens to use, lawful society and orderly public, poor and homeless, aged and sick people got shelters for them, true democracy, the lists goes on...

That is the ideal Singapore where I love to die in and not regret being a Singaporean...

the main problem with the opposition is not money and building.

its lacking of a strong belief system, passion, and conviction. tats the main problem with singapore's opposition.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good idea & $1 is ok for papee haters, opposition parties take note of this but hey don't use the money to go kio kuay hor!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
almost everyone running on PAP software. the mindset, the attitude, the education system, etc. not many people think out of the box. we are all in the box. thats the problem. how to solve this problem? well, how do u change one's perspective and belief system?

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
almost everyone running on PAP software. the mindset, the attitude, the education system, etc. not many people think out of the box. we are all in the box. thats the problem. how to solve this problem? well, how do u change one's perspective and belief system?

Not all leh, you forgotten about the 33.3% of Singaporeans who voted for the other camp? I was one of them leh!

Hehehehe!

I actually wanted to act cute and draw a pig head in the voting slip column for PAPigs, take it as a void vote... But then I have to swallow down the temptation of doing so and put my vote for the Opp just to make up for a fraction of a percent in the overall results...

Hai! :(

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not all leh, you forgotten about the 33.3% of Singaporeans who voted for the other camp? I was one of them leh!

Hehehehe!

I actually wanted to act cute and draw a pig head in the voting slip column for PAPigs, take it as a void vote... But then I have to swallow down the temptation of doing so and put my vote for the Opp just to make up for a fraction of a percent in the overall results...

Hai! :(

the opposition gotta re ignite the fire in them lah. that one, i don't know who know how to do that...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't need to donate $1, every Singaporean must decide, do they need such an expensive public administrative system & parliamentary representatives; not to mention a 'rubber ducky' President..I mean "rubby stamping".

Do we, have to slough work our head off, suffer, to pay?, that is the question we have to ask? and our children suffer with us?

Do we after being showered with so-called "help", think this is good?, and still need to perpetuate such a system?

Do Singaporeans, relly want a change, or they will still continue to procrastinate at every increases in daily rises in prices, and falling value of their dollar, and still continue to vote, when given a chance the same old party, over & over again.

If not, don't waste time donating that S$1...:o

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>Just my humble suggestion. Don't scold me.<<<

66%: Say some more and I'll kok u with my coolie rice bowl! *hee*hee*

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
the main problem with the opposition is not money and building.

its lacking of a strong belief system, passion, and conviction. tats the main problem with singapore's opposition.

I agree to a certain extent... Some of the Opposition must forget about past grudges, etc and be united in their passion to fight for political freedom in Singapore which will free those invisible chains to commoners like us...

That will be the next chapter in our Singapore Story based on out and out democracy and a happier prosperous nation...

Cheers to that dream!

:o