• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Guess the race:Whining about getting mistreated by PUMA store

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tudung_salesgirl.jpg

I am a teacher. I am an employee of the Ministry of Education. I am a a civil servant. I am a Muslim. I don the tudung and I am proud to be all of the above mentioned. As a teacher, an educator, everyday I teach my pupils life lessons. Trying my best to instill values in them, so that they will grow up to become a respectable, responsible and kind member of the society. I teach all of them equally no matter their race, religion and nationality. I resonate our government’s belief of living in harmony as a cohesive society despite our differences. I have never been treated indifferently because of the piece of cloth I choose to wear over my head. I believe I am not stereotyped by my outfit, religion or skin colour. Rather, by my mannerisms in the way I interact with society.

Today, I am appalled, angered, disgusted, devastated. I could go on, but I would rather not. In this month of Ramadan, my younger sister a part-time employee from PUMA was treated in a prejudiced, biased manner just because of the cloth she wears over her head.

She was sent to ISETAN located at Wisma Atria to help mend the PUMA section in the ISETAN outlet due to a lack of manpower. An hour later two ISETAN managers approached another staff at PUMA and conversed in Mandarin while throwing dirty looks at my sister and made hand signals indicating the headscarf she was wearing. She was then approached by the PUMA staff and was informed that she had to leave the premises as she was wearing a headscarf and should not be working there. Fine, I CAN tolerate that.

Next, they called a PUMA manager in a nearby outlet saying that manpower or not my sister had to leave, not once acknowledging my sister’s presence or even having the decency to speak to her directly. As though she was a fly on the wall and the only thing they saw was her head scarf. Fine, I WILL tolerate that. Headscarf or no headscarf, some people are just incapable of respecting others, much less understanding anything seemingly different from what they are accustomed to in their small, small world.

As my sister was making her way out of the store. She was stopped and told to leave through the service exit and proceed to the security guard post to have her bag checked. Now that is the last straw.
People are afraid of anything that is different. They are uncertain and may not be accepting. However appalled I am that such a stigma still exists in Singapore today, I can still accept the fact that some people are still living with a mindset of a backwards society. Everyone’s different right?

But to make an assumption that a person wearing a tudung does not have morals and will most likely shoplift is an atrocity. Ironic even, do you know the amount of faith one must have to don the tudung? The physical challenges like the weather is one of many things to overcome before making a commitment to wear the tudung forever. Not to mention the emotional, mental and social challenges brought upon by people like the 2 managers from ISETAN.

My sister left the store crying and heading straight home after being treated so unjustly and in such an inhumane manner. How ironic, and here I thought being in the customer service line would have taught you to be sincere, kind and not biased towards a person’s physical appearence.

In this fasting month, let me educate you a little about people who wear tudung. We are normal people, under this scary, scary tudung is a normal person, 2 eyes, 1 nose and a personality that you may even grow to like if you try to get to know us.

You did not have the courtesy to address my sister directly. Well here’s a direct message to you managers of ISETAN:

Firsly, I hope you don’t treat your tudung-wearing customers the way you treat your tudung-wearing staff. You know checking all of their bags everytime they leave the store. Secondly, good customer service comes from the heart and is sincere, going the extra mile and treating customers with respect and kindness without judging their physical appearance. You reflected none of that, I suggest you reconsider your career before any customer catches a whiff of you real personality.

Finally, you owe my sister an apology. It would be good, if you can throw in some dignity and self-worth in your apology because God knows she lost a basketful of those when she walked out the service exit of your store Isetan Singapore.

Zafirah Edwards

MANAGERS AT ISETAN WISMA ATRIA BRANCH DISCRIMINATED AGAINST PUMA SALESGIRL WHO WORE TUDUNG | All Singapore Stuff (ASS)
Part-Time Sales Muslimah Discriminated Due to Hijab

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Guess the race:

psst!...one bluther! told me years ago...all covered, some places, not covered....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why the Moslem sistee got angmo surname? Married to angmo? Her hubby got sunat? If got how come retain angmo surname not renamed mohd?

So she is saying isetan is anti Moslem? Better dun go near any isetan I think will kena firebomb soon

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the Malay lady has a legitimate reason to complain to MOM and NTUC (if she is a member)
Lets see what the Union can do for local employees.-instead of opening supermarkets and selling insurance.
Locals must support each other or else get drowned by the foreign invasion.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the Malay lady has a legitimate reason to complain to MOM and NTUC (if she is a member)
Lets see what the Union can do for local employees.-instead of opening supermarkets and selling insurance.
Locals must support each other or else get drowned by the foreign invasion.

You sure the managers are foreign?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She's Hot!

I cry Allah Akbar anytime!! LOL!

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well said! We must always support local sinkies regardless of race. Down with the FTs.

What does this incident have to do with locals or foreigners.

To be honest you are like the first m&d i have read in any forum that says something like this. Most m&ds are like fuck all non m&ds or rather fuck 75% of the local population aka local chinese while local chinese ppl are saying support ALL sinkies.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
This kinds of things can happen in Singapore?

Walau they have been wearing tudungs for donkey years its like a common scene.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
makes no sense. You mean they never see tudung before meh? They never ever had a tudung wearing staff member? Surely this is common to Singaporeans. A very strange story.

I guess the managers might be Ah Tiong FT's.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Isetan managers should be sacked. Treating a person like that is not acceptable. If they have a store policy, they should talk to her politely and rather than treat her like a crook.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Isetan managers should be sacked. Treating a person like that is not acceptable. If they have a store policy, they should talk to her politely and rather than treat her like a crook.

scroo before you pass judgement perhaps you would like to hear the other side first. Yes you are somehow particular to mudlays and m&d slimes like somehow they are always the victims and when others are victims of them you don't care BUT this is singapore and we should hear both sides of the story.

On a side note notice how she says she's a teacher yet her spelling and english ability is so atrocious.

One example is to man something like to man a stall. Yet she spelt it as mend. This isn't a typo or a spelling error but rather points to a poor knowledge of the english language. She's a teacher mind you. It's a fairly simple word and there is nothing complicated in knowing something like to man something. She didn't know it so used any word that sounded like man like mend. Could you mend the shop for me please. Does this sound correct here? Do i need to remind you guys she's a teacher again.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she's a teacher yet her spelling and english ability is so atrocious.
This isn't a typo or a spelling error but rather points to a poor knowledge of the english language. She's a teacher mind you. Do i need to remind you guys she's a teacher again.
She teaches home economy lah, not engrish

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
My toddler freaked out when he arrived at nursery one morning and his usual teacher wasn't there, in place was this Malay relief teacher wearing Full Jihad Battle Order. He kicked and screamed and stared at her in terror! Until the nice Pinoy teacher (the other teacher) carried him and soothed him.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Managers at isetan discriminated against puma salesgirl who wore tudung?

tudung_salesgirl.jpg

I am a teacher. I am an employee of the Ministry of Education. I am a a civil servant. I am a Muslim. I don the tudung and I am proud to be all of the above mentioned. As a teacher, an educator, everyday I teach my pupils life lessons. Trying my best to instill values in them, so that they will grow up to become a respectable, responsible and kind member of the society. I teach all of them equally no matter their race, religion and nationality. I resonate our government’s belief of living in harmony as a cohesive society despite our differences. I have never been treated indifferently because of the piece of cloth I choose to wear over my head. I believe I am not stereotyped by my outfit, religion or skin colour. Rather, by my mannerisms in the way I interact with society.

Today, I am appalled, angered, disgusted, devastated. I could go on, but I would rather not. In this month of Ramadan, my younger sister a part-time employee from PUMA was treated in a prejudiced, biased manner just because of the cloth she wears over her head.

She was sent to ISETAN located at Wisma Atria to help mend the PUMA section in the ISETAN outlet due to a lack of manpower. An hour later two ISETAN managers approached another staff at PUMA and conversed in Mandarin while throwing dirty looks at my sister and made hand signals indicating the headscarf she was wearing. She was then approached by the PUMA staff and was informed that she had to leave the premises as she was wearing a headscarf and should not be working there. Fine, I CAN tolerate that.

Next, they called a PUMA manager in a nearby outlet saying that manpower or not my sister had to leave, not once acknowledging my sister’s presence or even having the decency to speak to her directly. As though she was a fly on the wall and the only thing they saw was her head scarf. Fine, I WILL tolerate that. Headscarf or no headscarf, some people are just incapable of respecting others, much less understanding anything seemingly different from what they are accustomed to in their small, small world.

As my sister was making her way out of the store. She was stopped and told to leave through the service exit and proceed to the security guard post to have her bag checked. Now that is the last straw.
People are afraid of anything that is different. They are uncertain and may not be accepting. However appalled I am that such a stigma still exists in Singapore today, I can still accept the fact that some people are still living with a mindset of a backwards society. Everyone’s different right?

But to make an assumption that a person wearing a tudung does not have morals and will most likely shoplift is an atrocity. Ironic even, do you know the amount of faith one must have to don the tudung? The physical challenges like the weather is one of many things to overcome before making a commitment to wear the tudung forever. Not to mention the emotional, mental and social challenges brought upon by people like the 2 managers from ISETAN.

My sister left the store crying and heading straight home after being treated so unjustly and in such an inhumane manner. How ironic, and here I thought being in the customer service line would have taught you to be sincere, kind and not biased towards a person’s physical appearence.

In this fasting month, let me educate you a little about people who wear tudung. We are normal people, under this scary, scary tudung is a normal person, 2 eyes, 1 nose and a personality that you may even grow to like if you try to get to know us.

You did not have the courtesy to address my sister directly. Well here’s a direct message to you managers of ISETAN:

Firsly, I hope you don’t treat your tudung-wearing customers the way you treat your tudung-wearing staff. You know checking all of their bags everytime they leave the store. Secondly, good customer service comes from the heart and is sincere, going the extra mile and treating customers with respect and kindness without judging their physical appearance. You reflected none of that, I suggest you reconsider your career before any customer catches a whiff of you real personality.

Finally, you owe my sister an apology. It would be good, if you can throw in some dignity and self-worth in your apology because God knows she lost a basketful of those when she walked out the service exit of your store Isetan Singapore.

Zafirah Edwards

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Managers at isetan discriminated against puma salesgirl who wore tudung?

There is already a thread on this. You are a waste of space and bandwidth.