• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Emigrating out of the People's Action Party (PAP)-controlled Singapore

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
<object height="344" width="425"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4JjJgnYwZUw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

heblake10 (3 days ago)

Do you even know what you're suggesting?

That everyone who can afford it, should leave Singapore?

Have you even paused to consider the ramifications of such actions? Such as, perhaps, causing the economy to fail, destabilizing the country and dooming the MAJORITY of the population who weren't as fortunate as you were to afford emigration?

Really, tell me why you want political freedom so much, and why you think PAP's defeat will change Singapore for the better.​

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice video that tag at the emotions of this ex-Sg. But frankly, there is a dilemma.

1. Having left, I do not wish to be reminded of SG, but look forward to building a future in my adopted land.

2. But I arrived at a country that welcomes immigrants, so I ended up feeling more "Singaporean" because I am forced to tell people about Singapore, esp if they ask me for advice.

It is more than political freedom, it is also the freedom to experience living in a REAL country, not business centre.

It is also more than political freedom, it is also the social justice and the ability to lead a happier life where I do not have to be obsess with materialism. Happlier life as in doing things which I do not have time for in SG because I have to work.

Finally, a PAP defeat may make Singaporeans realised that they have let PAP dominate their lives for so long that they can no longer function without the MIW - just Like an addict to heroin. Or it may make Singaporeans realised that they can function without PAP.

Whatever it is, on the lighter side, I don't like the plane used in the video, can only carry 30kg lugguge. a container ship will be better. Can load up my kopitiam Rochor Mee stall. kekeke

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hey, they should put in one more option for reason of leaving SG: Dislike Sinkie.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
let PAP dominate their lives for so long that they can no longer function without the MIW - just Like an addict to heroin.

That is what happen when a normal human being becomes a sinkie. They got to get out of sg to remove the sinkie stains.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, they should put in one more option for reason of leaving SG: Dislike Sinkie.

You are absolutely spot on. The S'porean attitude is very off putting. The entire mindset and boorish behavior be it at the hawker's centre, carpark, roads, lifts, MRT, buses etc; totally ungracious, selfish, inconsiderate, show-off behaviour and mindset which can be summed up as KIASUISM!

It really takes a wee while to 'exorcise' the last vestiges of this "Kiasuism" trait when one has just left S'pore shores.

The irksome PAP is merely a sad reflection of S'porean Society.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are absolutely spot on. The S'porean attitude is very off putting. The entire mindset and boorish behavior be it at the hawker's centre, carpark, roads, lifts, MRT, buses etc; totally ungracious, selfish, inconsiderate, show-off behaviour and mindset which can be summed up as KIASUISM!

It really takes a wee while to 'exorcise' the last vestiges of this "Kiasuism" trait when one has just left S'pore shores.

The irksome PAP is merely a sad reflection of S'porean Society.

I really enjoy reading posts coming from ex-singaporeans, they always have the unsinkified reply that is logical and sensible, very different from those who still stuck in the sinkieland.

Environment and the people around you is very important, it will shape how you think and behave.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
there a lot of countries in this world that changes their government with different party,once every 1-2 terms.
but you see which countries is/are better off.
Phi,Taiwan,USA and UK,are they better off,in fact i find that they are worse off.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I witness it as well in bangkok. Bangkok is a place that is very suitable to do a comparison of sinkie behavior with other foreigners. There are many foreigners in bangkok as well as thais.

My stay in bangkok has allowed me to know and understand sinkie behavior more.

Bangkok is a place where Sg currency is being stretched 24 times. With such powerful "Wealth", you can see the sinkie behavior being magnified.

Well, not all Singaporeans are sinkie, there are some well-behaved ones. ( just to be fair).

However, in general, it just disgust me. I kept pondering why sinkie behavior exist (totally ungracious, selfish, inconsiderate, show-off behaviour and mindset ) among Singaporeans.

Reasons can be due to the sinkie govt with their off-putting behavior and policies that create such environment or/and it is just a chinky traits that evolved after the China cultural revolution.

Once,i witness a group of Singaporean Malays in the MRT talking loudly in English and displaying behavior of smartness. I stand at one side of the train observing them while feeling a deep sense of shame inside. And that is just one of the many examples that i have.

I advise Singaporeans to behave well in other countries especially in those developing countries whose currency is lower than the Sing $.

Last edited:

PaiAndPai

Alfrescian
Loyal
no doubt political stability is good for a country.. however, don't forget, with stability, comes confidence, and with confidence, comes complacency...
the thought that the general political style in SG has not changed for the last 50 years is a bit too much... singapore infrastructure has advanced to the 21st centry, but sad to say, its political maturity is still stuck in the 19th century... it is already half a century old.
military style, authoritarian rule works 50 years ago... but with a global economy, the political landscape has not kept up to pace with the change...
of course, given the vast choices now.. people will compare.. and this "comparision" mentality is so much biult into a typical stinkie's lifestyle... compare, compare compare...
compare, stinkie will... and very often, it is the freedom (perceived or otherwise) that a foreign country offers that attracts people..

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
<

Have you even paused to consider the ramifications of such actions? Such as, perhaps, causing the economy to fail, destabilizing the country and dooming the MAJORITY of the population who weren't as fortunate as you were to afford emigration?
[/LEFT]

Really, tell me why you want political freedom so much, and why you think PAP's defeat will change Singapore for the better.​

I am curious here. I could not help notice but such videos over the years that are produced always seem to be done by the Chinese Ed. Except maybe a few project2011/Seelan gang stuff. They all howere have the SDP flavour to it.

Most of it also does not seem to focus on main gripes and issues. Who the hell disputes the National Stadium been torn down.

Maybe these guys are young, they know that something is wrong but can't put their fringer on it.

Anyone can throw any light.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
... Anyone can throw any light ...

:biggrin: it seems to me folks are now pretty much like an ant trapped in a drop of water. knowing the immediate predicament it is in, how precarious it is and yet unable to break out...

you could blame it on propagandas, on education, on social engineering, you can blame it on anything... it is just the odds are so overwhelmingly against the minds of the general populace.

i wouldn't say i'm in the know, i wouldn't say i'm not in the know, i wouldn't say i'm in the know and not in the know at the same time, and i wouldn't say i'm neither in the know nor not in the know at the same time.

and i'd probably like to sum it up in a sentence: ignorance may be bliss, i'd say knowledge is orgasmic :biggrin:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the newcomer. WAYS OF IMMIGRATING:

- School: Get a place in a uni, grad school in new country. Dig yourself up a job there and stay later. Grad school especially is a great avenue. The rules of foreigner quotas don't apply to academic staff.

- Company transfer: for the lucky ones, earn a transfer to your desired country via internal transfer.

- Apply for a job there.

- Marry in.

- Just go there and start from scratch, if there's really nothing left for you in sinkapore.

- Seek asylum. Get into trouble with the PAP and run off to the new country. Gather proof that you're prosecuted unfairly.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object height="344" width="425"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4JjJgnYwZUw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

heblake10 (3 days ago)

Do you even know what you're suggesting?

I live my life the way I want it... not how pap want it.... migration don't need lots of money... only guts, survival instincts and the will to make it.... by then... 90% of sgporeans cannot "make" it unless they are rich....

Ridler

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP's defeat may not change Sillypore to be better.
But I think having some reasonable opposition in the Parliament is good.
At least we can see some real debate instead of all the PAPaya MPs putting up a show with no substance.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

the video not accurate lah, why do you still want to fly SIA when you emigrate? still want to contribute to Temasek? LOL..

fly other airlines lah, especially the one you are going to emigrate to....lol...