• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All that glitters is not Gold

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
All that glitters is not gold. Paper gold has been manipulated for years and COMEX gold margin changes too often, resulting in flash crash or rapid short-covering.

Physical gold is less liquid in Singapore with crazy spreads from rouge-middlemen, except UOB. last year, when investors were stuck with highly-reputable Pamp physical gold due to Genneva Gold's collapse, even UOB refuses to buy these Pamp gold (because they were originally not sold by UOB). In the end, pawnshops took them for 20% discount below spot. This is worst than fiat, my gold is different from your gold, it is like saying $100 from DBS is different from $100 from OCBC. The same goes for physical silver.

This doesn't mean that you cannot invest in Gold. After you have decided on the timing, consider the best way to invest in this sector;
- SPDR GLD shares or diversified precious metal unit trusts.
- BOC Gold Savings Account
- UOB Gold Savings Account
- UOB Physical Gold
- Precious metals/resource Miners Unit Trusts

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quotation-Dan-Gable-determination-gold-sports-Meetville-Quotes-212177.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf are u a OCBC banker or something?why u keep posting all these nonsense and giving us lectures on stocks and commodities terms?

post some real analysis on the stock market please.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
wtf are u a OCBC banker or something?why u keep posting all these nonsense and giving us lectures on stocks and commodities terms?

hahaha, chill bro,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. i believe you need to escape the ravages of money-temptation.

Brother, money is like woman. Having her hole is skin-deep; we can open many women but at the end of the day, how many hearts really belonged to us. We can play with 101 financial instruments, like shares, etfs, bonds, reits, fx, futures, options, etc. It is really easy on survive like opening a woman (just buy or sell) but to win in the long-run, you gotta understand that woman in-depth. Really bro, very often, people tell u buy gold, buy this, buy that, did they really bother to warn you about the narrow exit of these invesments?

i do have in-depth discussions of stock market nonsenses in private pm. I risk oversimplifying for the sake of simplifying what you can profit from, so i have to keep such discussions in private.

Last edited:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

This poor loser is here trying to comfort himself with his fake financial expertise..... Poor loser. Winners are too busy to brag and give free money advice here. Just let blow ...

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
This poor loser is here trying to comfort himself with his fake financial expertise..... Poor loser. Winners are too busy to brag and give free money advice here. Just let blow ...

Please don't be irritated. Internet is like education. Education makes you more predictable so that the big boys can trap you.

Let me give you an example. Since I was young, old uncles have been telling me that physical gold will cost more than paper gold because paper gold is manipulated and paper gold means that you give the issuer free money BUT BUT BUT there isn't enough gold to go around.

With internet, people become more educated. Such sayings became more widespread online and many people rushed in to buy gold in the past 2-3 years because they were educated that gold will be worth US$5000 an ounce if the paper derivatives unwind. Well, i am one of them and gold crashed.

Likewise economic textbooks tell us that if a country had a large natural disaster like fukushima, the currency will crash. But in real life, Japanese Yen appreciated like mad until hitting USDJPY 80 level (now 101-102), because of massive repatriation of overseas properties/assets by Japanese conglomerates to bail out their HQ at home.

People are more educated now because of internet. But what if knowing more = make you more vulnerable and predictable for the big boys?

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People say gold is god's currency as it's written down in bible. But what if the bible is written by the Jewish? gold is just speculative with no real value and does not earn interests. It can be mass produced too. However, I think gold is still international currency.

I too bought a gold bar at high price many years back. That was when I read too much nonsense and believe all fiat currency will crash. How silly. I learnt that old is just another trading instrument when I read article by mike stathis. I learnt that oil is not a limited resource as bullshited by the Jewish all these years.

For those who don't like Run's articles, can kindly fuck off. At least it has been been educational for me in understanding more on the various investment types. He is free to post what he likes. If you want analysis of stock market, can go to other stock market forums.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
People say gold is god's currency as it's written down in bible. But what if the bible is written by the Jewish? gold is just speculative with no real value and does not earn interests. It can be mass produced too. However, I think gold is still international currency.

I too bought a gold bar at high price many years back. That was when I read too much nonsense and believe all fiat currency will crash. How silly. I learnt that old is just another trading instrument when I read article by mike stathis. I learnt that oil is not a limited resource as bullshited by the Jewish all these years.

For those who don't like Run's articles, can kindly fuck off. At least it has been been educational for me in understanding more on the various investment types. He is free to post what he likes. If you want analysis of stock market, can go to other stock market forums.

Thank you for your kind words, good brother. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Perhaps i should be less talkative going forward.

I didn't know u got gold too and yes, RUN was caught in similiar misinformations that you shared.

I hope you will make some good coffee money in the next 2 weeks.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal

I second what Reddog said. Do not be upset by the morons who know nothing but who spend all day trying to put down the real experts.

I myself am being put down by a property investment failure/wannabe in the J.B. section of Sammyboy. I just flipped back at the failure: when you are a failure, everybody knows.

Runifyouhaveto, you are a Player and a Winner, and it shows. Just as the failure in the J.B. section has 'failure' written all over his Post. :biggrin:

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your kind words, good brother. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Perhaps i should be less talkative going forward.

I didn't know u got gold too and yes, RUN was caught in similiar misinformations that you shared.

I hope you will make some good coffee money in the next 2 weeks.

You want to become less talkative? Have you thought about it? maybe that is what the Agents of Misinformation want!!!!!!!

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want to become less talkative? Have you thought about it? maybe that is what the Agents of Misinformation want!!!!!!!

Thank you good brother. RUN has to lie and tolerate humiliations for his work; for he is a defeated soul in real life.

I like to hide in a small corner in cyberspace so that I can be myself and post some less mainstream stuff and life experience. This is my second life.

You have a good weekend =)

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
just saw this
Marc Faber: I Will Never Sell My Gold
Businessweek
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-05-22/marc-faber-i-will-never-sell-my-gold

Three Important Things to note for now
- USD and Gold price don't always move in the opposite directions. A-levels Econ textbook theory is not very applicable lately.

- Higher rate = lower bond price
But now Bond prices are very high although 2015 rate hike is nearly confirmed
(market is scared of something?)

- International disputes
Ukraine - Russia
Vietnam - China
One dispute will support gold prices if worsened, while another will crash gold price if worsened.

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree! I support SgGoneWrong and Run's articles.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gold may trade lower on weak physical demand
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/br...-lowerweak-physical-demand-angel_1092542.html
Report from the World Gold Council said last week that consumer gold demand in the world's biggest buyer China fell 18 percent to 263.2 tonnes, with Chinese demand for gold coins and bars down 55 percent in the first quarter, offset only partially by a 10 percent rise in jewellery off take. Indian consumer demand was down by just over a quarter to 190.3 tonnes, although a drop in sales from bullion-backed investment funds kept overall demand steady.

................India used to be the world's largest gold importer. (now China) Indians getting more optimistic about their rupee after the elections. In fact, hot money pouring into India, the brightest star among BRICS now.