Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: real estate market in the bay area

My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

Default Re: real estate market in the bay area

while cycling through the neighborhood every evening, i've been noticing young pregnant tiong women strolling in groups just before sunset. so far i encountered 6 in their trimester. and new preggies from tiongland are showing up. apparently they are using the neighborhood for birthing and a clandestine operation known as "anchor babies."
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

huat ah! the asking price for a 1949 humble 2-unit hovel with not much headroom in san jose has reached the million-dollar mark. it will most likely be sold for 20-30% over asking. each unit has 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. the buyer can stay in one unit and rent out the other, or the buyer can rent both out. within walking distance to japan town.

image.jpg

fixer upper in cupertino sold for us$2.26m, close to us$669k over asking.

http://www.siliconbeat.com/2017/07/1...200000-asking/

IMG_0267.JPG

steph curry, nba superstar of the golden state warriors, is selling his mansion in the hills of walnut creek for only us$3.2m asking, after pouring in us$400k worth of upgrades on a previously purchased price of us$3.7m. that's us$4.1m with a us$900k discount. c'mon sinkies. it's worth more than a semi-d in siglap and has better value over the long term, with home prices surging in the bay area. moreover, buyer can boast he buys it from unanimous nba mvp of 2016 and possibly one of the best shooters ever. beautiful mansion in the hilly woods. what are you waiting for?

http://www.cheatsheet.com/money-care...=yahoo&ref=yfp

IMG_0272.JPG

My Reputation Points: 23 / Power: 0

In case anyone emigrating to SF, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal are wondering, Chinese buyers and local buyers are fueling in spike in property prices. In Canada, Chinese buyers and local buyers caused the Vancouver property market to overheat, then after foreign buyers tax was imposed, they moved to Toronto. When Toronto imposed it as well, now Montreal is beginning to rise in property prices.

If you intend to buy a property in these cities, be very realistic about the need for enough funds to stand a chance of getting what you want. Otherwise, have some other strategies in place.

much of the all-cash buying spree of residential real estate in the bay area by tiongs happen in 2016. as of end of q1 this year after prc clamps down on capital outflow, any real estate transaction that has tiong buyers in line with all-cash or predominantly-cash offers faces a cash dilemma - is majority of cash coming from prc or is 100% of the cash already deposited in u.s. banks? if it's the former, sellers will pass as there have been several cases of tiong buyers not able to fulfill their cash commitments before and during escrow. now, developers of new homes are asking tiong buyers to show proof of u.s. bank accounts with substantial balances before they let them in on the shortlist. even getting ahead in the shortlist is no guarantee of a purchase as financial arm of developer conducts due diligence prior to purchase to ensure funds are reserved in u.s. bank accounts to fulfill cash commitments. this latest moves have eliminated a sizable group of new and fob tiong prospectors in the bay area housing market. they have had not the chance, timing and (underground) channels to spirit their funds out of the prc to the u.s. at the time of clampdown. the shortlist at some desirable new developments on the peninsula suddenly becomes shorter.

holy shit! us$782k over asking for this modest home in sunnyvale. asking was us$1.688m and it sold for us$2.4m.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/1...-in-sunnyvale/

IMG_0166.JPG

My Reputation Points: 3371 / Power: 8

Quote Originally Posted by eatshitndie View Post
    holy shit! us$782k over asking for this modest home in sunnyvale. asking was us$1.688m and it sold for us$2.4m.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/1...-in-sunnyvale/

IMG_0166.JPG
    It will be a total loss when the Big One comes.

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegjets View Post
    It will be a total loss when the Big One comes.
    depends. historically it takes 6.9 years to recover to previous high value. and then ratchet further up after that. all single family homes are built with earthquake code to withstand 6.9 on the richter scale. when shit happens it's also an opportune time to go in and buy up properties after 6.9 months of disaster-settling. bought my first after loma prieta quake of 89 and never looked back.

My Reputation Points: 3371 / Power: 8

Quote Originally Posted by eatshitndie View Post
    depends. historically it takes 6.9 years to recover to previous high value. and then ratchet further up after that. all single family homes are built with earthquake code to withstand 6.9 on the richter scale. when shit happens it's also an opportune time to go in and buy up properties after 6.9 months of disaster-settling. bought my first after loma prieta quake of 89 and never looked back.
    The Big One will definitely be higher than your favorite position.

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegjets View Post
    The Big One will definitely be higher than your favorite position.
    fault lines in california indicate tectonic plates having similar densities and rubbing against each other, thus the biggest quake should be a tad higher than 6.9. 7.3 perhaps. the real big one is in and around the coast of vancouver. it's a subduction zone. it's overdue. expect a 9.6. tiongs and hongkies who bought properties there will kpkb.

Thread Information