• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie man report police in Mudlaysia becos nasi goreng too spicy

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Star/ANN, StompWed, May 07 2014

Singaporean lodges police report over fried rice being too 'spicy'

nasigoreng-policereport.jpg

JOHOR BARU - A Singaporean man who was so upset after eating a plate of Nasi Goreng Kampung has lodged a police report over how it was apparently too spicy.

Lau Thiam Huat, 60, ordered the plate of fried rice and a glass of warm water at a restaurant along Jalan Bukit Timbalan here for dinner at around 9pm on April 30.

He stated that the fried rice was too hot and spicy, which made his mouth feel uncomfortable until the next day.

He also suspected that the cook put too much chilli into the dish, making it extra spicy and decided to make a police report in case there was a need for a medical check-up after eating the fried rice.

Additional report from Stomp:

A police report made by a Singaporean man in Johor Baru, Malaysia has gone viral online -- because it was about a plate of nasi goreng kampung having too much spice.

Stomp contributor Popopopo came across a report on Polis Diraja Malaysia (Royal Malaysia Police)'s Facebook page, and was amused by what he saw.

According to The Rakyat Post, the 60-year-old Singaporean man from Taman Jurong had filed a police report because the 'nasi goreng kampung' (local fried rice) he ate along Jalan Bukit Timbalan, Johor Baru was 'too spicy'.

Here are excerpts from the police report:

"Around 9pm on April 30, I went to eat at a shop which I can't recall the name. After I ordered the nasi goreng kampung and warm water, I had my meal, I found that it was extremely hot and too spicy.

"Until today (May 1) I can still taste the spiciness from the rice I ate yesterday. I suspect that they cooked the rice with too much chilli.

"The reason why I am making this report is because I am very unhappy with the rice I ate and wish to go to a hospital for a check-up."

The deputy chief of South Johor Baru Supt Abdul Samad Salleh has confirmed receiving the report, but stated that no action will be taken towards either party because there are no relevant laws about this matter.

Visit STOMP for more stories.

policereport-20140507-2.jpg

He stated that the fried rice was too hot and spicy, which made his mouth feel uncomfortable until the next day.
policereport-20140507.jpg

He suspected that the cook put too much chilli into the dish, making it extra spicy and decided to make a police report in case there was a need for a medical check-up after eating the fried rice.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot speak malay but go to warong to order nasi goreng kampung. Sure spicy one as most likely he went to the tom yam stalls manned by southern thais.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with Sinkieland is that too often, "dignity" (solutions) can be bought with political connection/ changing goal posts, tax payers$$$ and ( if all else fails) corruption/ extortion/ bribery (fixing up the other party)....
In this case, Sinkie thought he could outflank the hawlker by going to the police.

Political Connection/ changing goal posts:
Intoparliamentjpg.jpg
[Pict= [URL="http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2012/04/disassembling-grc-benefits-pap-1/"]Disassembling GRC system benefits PAP (Part 1 of 3)[/URL]]

Tax payers $$$:
"If the annual salary of the Minister of Information, Communication and Arts is only $500,000, it may pose some problems when he discuss policies with media CEOs who earn millions of dollars because they need not listen to the minister's ideas and proposals. Hence, a reasonable payout will help to maintain a bit of dignity."
YqUYU.jpg
[IMG URL]

Corruption/ extortion/ bribery:

Anyhow, this is a duplicate thread, pls merge with:
http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?...over-quot-spicy-quot-fried-rice-in-Johor-Baru

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's Sinkies like Lau Thiam Huat who are a fuckin' disgrace to Singapore. We are born and bred in the land of chilli padi, curry and assam pedas, in a region where the world's hottest chilli peppers are grown, the spiciest curries cooked and increasingly, tongue-numbing nose-smoking Sichuan mala huoguo served. We pride ourselves on loving our food hot and spicy, Chinese, Malay, Indian, Eurasian or Peranakan. We can't do without our chilli sauce and cut chillis even for our blander Chinese dishes.

And here we have this puny-peckered sissy whining about nasi goreng kampung being too spicy? Fuck him. Maybe we shouldn't blame the M'sians for making fun of Singaporeans.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's Sinkies like Lau Thiam Huat who are a fuckin' disgrace to Singapore. We are born and bred in the land of chilli padi, curry and assam pedas, in a region where the world's hottest chilli peppers are grown, the spiciest curries cooked and increasingly, tongue-numbing nose-smoking Sichuan mala huoguo served. We pride ourselves on loving our food hot and spicy, Chinese, Malay, Indian, Eurasian or Peranakan. We can't do without our chilli sauce and cut chillis even for our blander Chinese dishes.

Not so. The hottest chilies aren't in Asia but the Americas... when the plant originated from. It were the Portuguese and Spanish who introduced chili to the rest of the world during the Exploration Age. So before then, Sichuan Mala was simply Sichuan Ma :o

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sounds to me like he kenna tekan by the stall owner. Probably noticed he was an obnoxious Sinkie, and decided to teach him a lesson. this is also a good lesson to sinkies when they are selling food to FTs. Any ang moh, PRC, Indian or Pinoy shits go to a singapore owned and run eating establishment should also be taught a lesson like that. Give them very hot spicy food, or add a lot of salt inside or fuck with the food. that will teach them a message. Fuck off from this country or else................

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not so. The hottest chilies aren't in Asia but the Americas... when the plant originated from. It were the Portuguese and Spanish who introduced chili to the rest of the world during the Exploration Age. So before then, Sichuan Mala was simply Sichuan Ma :o

Not true. It used to be thought that the Caribbean chillis like Habanero were the hottest, but Asian peppers like Thai bird's eye chilli demon chillis and India's Naga chillis from Assam now rule the roost. The Naga Jolokia pepper is now listed as the world's hottest pepper, with a score of 900,00 to 1,000,000 on the Scoville Heat Scale. The Habanero is about 300,000 SCU by comparison.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds to me like he kenna tekan by the stall owner. Probably noticed he was an obnoxious Sinkie, and decided to teach him a lesson. this is also a good lesson to sinkies when they are selling food to FTs. Any ang moh, PRC, Indian or Pinoy shits go to a singapore owned and run eating establishment should also be taught a lesson like that. Give them very hot spicy food, or add a lot of salt inside or fuck with the food. that will teach them a message. Fuck off from this country or else................

Alternatively, they may add special ingredients. :wink:

That is why I've never been arrogant or made life difficult for waiters and waitresses. I am not afraid of them doing something with my food, but why make their already hard lives even more difficult with nitpicking orders and shouts? I was at a hotel buffet in Thailand, a worker there dropped some trays, I helped him to pick them up.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why I've never been arrogant or made life difficult for waiters and waitresses.

Me neither. I find that when you're nice to wait staff, you get better service. It's just human nature. The only time I fuck them is when they display the Pinkerton syndrome, e.g. giving an ang mo a table without a reservation while the rest of us wait in line, serving food to an ang mo table first when they actually came later.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not true. It used to be thought that the Caribbean chillis like Habanero were the hottest, but Asian peppers like Thai bird's eye chilli demon chillis and India's Naga chillis from Assam now rule the roost. The Naga Jolokia pepper is now listed as the world's hottest pepper, with a score of 900,00 to 1,000,000 on the Scoville Heat Scale. The Habanero is about 300,000 SCU by comparison.

Well sure.. you can check all the metrics of the extreme cases from Wikipedia.. Chili plants can be bred to have very high "burn" but that's for competition only. But I'm talking every day meals.

Colleagues from India and Africa have told me they are surprised at how spicy the local dishes are in Mexico. And these people have also tasted the spiciest stuff we have here.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well sure.. you can check all the metrics of the extreme cases from Wikipedia.. Chili plants can be bred to have very high "burn" but that's for competition only. But I'm talking every day meals.

Precisely. The Indian Bhut (Naga) Jolokia chilli is used in everyday meals by locals in Assam and Nagalan. For centuries. It is widely recognized by experts and the Guinness Book of Records as the world's hottest chilli. Poor Indian farmers don't breed chillis for competition. Neither do poor Thai farmers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhut_Jolokia

On the other hand, the Westerners artificially breed chillis for competition. The Carolina Reaper and Trinidad Moruga are 2 examples of such chillis and they're now at the top of the table. I've been to South Carolina – trust me, their food is nowhere near as hot as the mildest Chinese foods.

The reason why you're seeing Asian chillis in ranking charts only in the last 5 years or so is not because Asians are now specially breeding chillis for 'competition', but because the hitherto ignorant Westerners have not bothered to do more research on South and South-East Asian chillis.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And here we have this puny-peckered sissy whining about nasi goreng kampung being too spicy? Fuck him. Maybe we shouldn't blame the M'sians for making fun of Singaporeans.

In the recent past, there was a makan place inside Seletar Camp that had the hottest chicken wings in S'pore. Even gave certs if you finish x number of wings. To finish just one tak boleh tahan. I gave up after half a chicken wing. Anyone tried before?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the recent past, there was a makan place inside Seletar Camp that had the hottest chicken wings in S'pore. Even gave certs if you finish x number of wings. To finish just one tak boleh tahan. I gave up after half a chicken wing. Anyone tried before?

How about a place named Gomez. It used to be located in Selegie. Their curries were very hot .

It is probably gone by now