• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Propaganda blitz for "Operation Geylang Clean Up" has begun!

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
on one hand ICA allow these PRC prostitutes to come in as tourist, MOM issue wok permits to them, MOE declare them as peidu mama. What irony.

Thanks to the PAPAYA Gahmen for bringing in the loads of Prostitutes from PRC it's
for our gahmen who become OKT because they can earn an income from them! that's
perfectly Leegal!!

If in Ozzieland immigration would question single woman who visit Ozzieland:
What's your purpose? who you visit? how money you bring in? show me! where
you stay while you are in Ozzieland?? than they will monitor your movement!!

Our ICA are half asleep for allowing these Pros to come visit Sickapoooor!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to the PAPAYA Gahmen for bringing in the loads of Prostitutes from PRC it's
perfectly Leegal!!

Do you honestly think the govt and its cronies don't receive kickbacks for these FTs they bring in? :wink:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
perfectly Leegal!!

are u gay?:confused:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prostitutes aren't the problem... Geylang has always had prostitutes.

Unless you are a religious anti-prostitution crusader, a jealous/suspicious wife or some paranoid father who worries that the johns may mistake your precious daughter for a hooker, prostitutes are harmless. You leave them alone, they'll also leave you alone.

The problem is the explosion in foreigner population ever since Pinky took to the throne, and the male FT thugs who cause trouble on the streets.

I really hope the Population White Paper turns out to be the PAP's political suicide note.

Pinky is nothing more than a narcissist son of a bitch who prefers doing selfies and posting them on Facebook.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After 7.5 years in office during when the problem grew worse under her watch.... MP Fatimah Lateef finally decides to open her chimp mouth? :rolleyes:

MP vows to clean up rowdy Geylang

20140331_geylang_tnp.jpg

undefined
The New Paper
Wednesday, Apr 02, 2014

Hundreds of hours of talk with little action from the authorities has left Marine Parade GRC Member of Parliament Fatimah Lateef frustrated.

But she has vowed to forge ahead and improve conditions in the rowdy red-light district - despite the red tape.

In a personal Facebook post on Monday, the MP wrote that there is still no "concrete action plan", despite the time and effort spent to deal with the situation in Geylang.

The lengthy, strongly worded post highlighted "for the first time" her efforts to clean up the area, since she entered politics in 2006.

Associate Professor Fatimah said she patrols Geylang "at least twice a week or more if required" to sort out and resolve "many issues".

She has also been working with residents, grassroots volunteers and agencies like the Ministry of Manpower, Land Transport Authority and police.

Among the problems she "regularly" deals with: The high human traffic, littering, parking and safety issues. But she is frustrated by the lack of a definitive plan.

"As an action-oriented person who expects results, I have indeed waited very long for the higher authorities to effect the change I, my grassroots leaders and my residents want to see.

"Hundreds of hours (maybe more) of meeting police, anti-vice, agencies (multiple) and yet I am still waiting for their CONCRETE action plan (sic)."

She continued: "I have been waiting... Not just waiting but, waiting and DOING a lot of things within my capabilities as one person, one MP, one woman.

"I am still waiting for the relevant authorities to ACT in a major way, in a major cleanup... eight years of efforts and small positive changes already effected cannot go to waste and my perseverance will not dwindle (sic)."

Geylang was in the spotlight after Police Commissioner Ng Joo Hee said last week that he was more worried about the area than Little India, where a riot involving foreign workers took place last December.

Political observers who saw Prof Fatimah's post noted she sounded exasperated because of a lack of a concerted plan of action to manage the various issues that have long plagued Geylang.

Singapore Management University associate law professor Eugene Tan said: "The remarks by the police commissioner last week may have given the impression that she, as the MP, has not done enough to raise crime-control issues in Parliament and to the relevant agencies."

A police spokesman said they are aware of Prof Fatimah's concerns and have been working together to curb illegal activities and offences in the area.

In her post, Prof Fatimah said she will not be giving up.

"I will do what I have to do as the people's rep, even if it takes a long time... I have the stamina."

This article by The New Paper was published in MyPaper, a free, bilingual newspaper published by Singapore Press Holdings.

Get The New Paper for more stories.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In her post, Prof Fatimah said she will not be giving up.

"I will do what I have to do as the people's rep, even if it takes a long time... I have the stamina."

Indeed. You also have very big ears.

FatimahLateef-Ref.jpg

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zhang Changyan, 24, who faced 21 vice-related charges ... A district court heard that between April and June last year, Zhang managed a Lorong 7 Geylang premises as a brothel. She charged five women, aged between 25 and 43, $80 to $120 a day to use the place for their prostitution activities. Investigation further showed that she would take sexually provocative photographs of these Chinese nationals and upload them on mobile phone application We Chat to advertise their sexual services.

A foreign talent skilled in pimping and allowed into the country make a fool of the Govt.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police Commissioner Ng Joo Hee said last week that the area was a bigger concern than Little India, where last December's riot took place.

Erm Mr Commissioner, in Geylang, when was the last time 400 rioters took the field and the police stood aside watching for more than an hour while police cars and ambulances went up in flames?

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
their "cleanup" is just for show only lah. geylang can never be cleaned up totally. a lot of "undertable" money being transacted and kickbacks and wet beaks, etc.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do you honestly think the govt and its cronies don't receive kickbacks for these FTs they bring in? :wink:

I dont think they really give a flying fuck....more pros is good for their business of making this place the playground for the rich anyway.......

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Indeed. You also have very big ears.

FatimahLateef-Ref.jpg

They need to keep this type of karm gong cheesepies to rattle off the voice of conscience and reasons whilst her masters quietly plan their nefarious schemes to bring in more foreign prostitutes.....

Anyways why is she so dumb? You mean she doesnt know wtf is going on meh! Or just wanna make it look like shes earning her keep by complaining out loud for a big show?