• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

super volcano watch

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.sfgate.com/news/science/article/4-8-quake-shakes-Yellowstone-National-Park-5361249.php

yellowstone national park, home to the largest super volcano on the north american continent, experienced a 4.8 quake today. earthquakes near a super volcano or caldera are often associated with rumblings in the underground core of the volcano called the magma chamber. a series of moderate earthquakes and aftershock typically signify movement in the magma chamber, a sign of a huge temper tantrum to cum.

the yellowstone caldera erupted 640,000 years ago, the eruption before that was 1.3 million years ago, and before that was 2.1 million years ago. the interval between eruptions is estimated to be 630,000 to 700,000 years. the next eruption is anytime from the last 10,000 years to the next 60,000 years. it basically can erupt anytime now, and geologists agreed that it may be past due.

another super volcano, lake toba, erupted 67,000 to 75,000 years ago, and is not slated to erupt again for several hundreds of thousands of years. sinkies can breathe a sigh of relief.

but not folks who live in the u.s., especially in western and pacific northwest states. we keep watch and will provide updates. :eek:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oops! post in the wrong folder. this should be in the serious folder where the scientific minds of sbf congregate. :o

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is one SV near singapore, before you worried about the american, worry for your ah pa and ah ma left in singapore.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is one SV near singapore, before you worried about the american, worry for your ah pa and ah ma left in singapore.

that's lake toba, and it won't blow up again until after old fart has kicked the bucket, which is more than centuries away. :p

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The ground is rising at Yellowstone. The big one is near.

I was planning a photography trip there next year. I hope it lasts till then.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it should hold for a few more years i hope. there were quakes in the past, but this morning's was a good reminder. if the next one reaches past 5.0 like in los angeles the last couple of days, i'll go to plan b which is to get ready to find refuge in sg. sinkies are so lucky they don't have to worry about mudslides, fire, quakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, and super volcanic eruption. :wink:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
sinkies are so lucky they don't have to worry about mudslides, fire, quakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, and super volcanic eruption. :wink:

Sinkies honestly don't know how blessed they are. When a nation's biggest concern is the fact that their PM is enjoying a big day out at their expense, you know the country is pretty much perfect.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Whether in Asia or America or anywhere, any super volcano will affect the world badly. It could wipe out the entire civilization only cockroaches will live. It's time for all to repent especially for sinkies who don't know how lucky they are and voted for opposition.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I pray to God for it to wait for you to experience the eruption personally.:oIo:

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I pray to God for it to wait for you to experience the eruption personally.:oIo:

Boss will be famous if he can take photos like this

photographer-silho_2233164k.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether in Asia or America or anywhere, any super volcano will affect the world badly. It could wipe out the entire civilization only cockroaches will live. It's time for all to repent especially for sinkies who don't know how lucky they are and voted for opposition.

if it happens, there will be a volcanic winter that may last years, if not decades, resulting in global cooling. human population will decline as a result of lack of food, but not all will die out. the last big one by toba (near sg) brought temperatures down by 3 to 5 degrees celsius, not enough to wipe out all life, but long enough to cause glaciation in the polar regions which can trigger an ice age. regions in the tropics and equator should be lovely. imagine sg enjoying grey gloomy skies but 25 to 28 degree c weather all year. every scandinavian, canadian, russian, briton, and new zealander would want refuge in sg and call sg home. with production of recycled urine (newater), faeces (newafer), and fart (nevapor), sg will dominate the world. :p

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.sfgate.com/news/science/article/4-8-quake-shakes-Yellowstone-National-Park-5361249.php

yellowstone national park, home to the largest super volcano on the north american continent, experienced a 4.8 quake today. earthquakes near a super volcano or caldera are often associated with rumblings in the underground core of the volcano called the magma chamber. a series of moderate earthquakes and aftershock typically signify movement in the magma chamber, a sign of a huge temper tantrum to cum.

the yellowstone caldera erupted 640,000 years ago, the eruption before that was 1.3 million years ago, and before that was 2.1 million years ago. the interval between eruptions is estimated to be 630,000 to 700,000 years. the next eruption is anytime from the last 10,000 years to the next 60,000 years. it basically can erupt anytime now, and geologists agreed that it may be past due.

another super volcano, lake toba, erupted 67,000 to 75,000 years ago, and is not slated to erupt again for several hundreds of thousands of years. sinkies can breathe a sigh of relief.

but not folks who live in the u.s., especially in western and pacific northwest states. we keep watch and will provide updates. :eek:

Pity. It is not anywhere near the Phillippines.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never bothered about such catastrophes. If it happened, it happened. Nobody can do shit about it. Anyways, if it pops, I'm only worried for Yogi bear. Or is he in Jellystone National Park?

Cheers!

yellowstone national park, home to the largest super volcano on the north american continent, .................

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never bothered about such catastrophes. If it happened, it happened. Nobody can do shit about it. Anyways, if it pops, I'm only worried for Yogi bear. Or is he in Jellystone National Park?

Cheers!

Yes.

At Jellystone, I have ever seen a cheetah on fire !:o