• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPH Profile on Ho Ching and her time in Temasek?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Using the term that she is reticent or avoids publicity is no longer an excuse. She heads one of 2 sovereign funds that belongs to the state. If she wanted to remain private, she should have either played monopoly or managed her own private portfolio.

There is a duty and an obligation to answer to the citizens and not hide behind the cloak of secrecy when times are bad. She was not elected but appointed to what I consider a public office by virtue of the fact that assets belongs to the state.

Here are the lists of things that Singaporeans would like to know;

1) Her single biggest achievement while steering Temasek and why should it be considered an achievement.

2) What particular or unique skill did she possess that allowed her to remain in Temasek for 7 years

3) How did the portfolio perform compared to other well regarded sovereign funds and benchmarks.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all know why and how she was appointed to Temasek. I don't think we should begrudge her for the recently massive losses during this global downturn as many SWF are also affected similarly. However I cannot move on concerning the other huge losses Temasek made when she was at the helm during good times. viz - Micropolis, ShinCorp and ABC amongst many others.
We can't help but noticed that she has great skills in distancing herself from bad news. Each time someone else in Temasek was asked to announce the bad news. Is that a great leader?....appearing only to take credits and trying not to be accountable for failures?
I think moving her out of Temasek is a good news to many.
But many are concerned where she will go. I would not be surprised if she enters th political arena.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was such a coincidence that wherever she went, she left the place in a deeper shit. Time and time again, never fail. And of course it's not her fault as usual.

Guess where will be her next destination? I think GIC!
For God sake, give the people a break!

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard the SQ aircrew hated it whenever she travels on their flight for business

She would nitpick about things like why the colours of ornamental orchids are not the same

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why bother profiling her?

If we all know the reason HOW she became the head of TEMASICK, we will all also know the reason WHY she quit. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all know why and how she was appointed to Temasek. I don't think we should begrudge her for the recently massive losses during this global downturn as many SWF are also affected similarly. However I cannot move on concerning the other huge losses Temasek made when she was at the helm during good times. viz - Micropolis, ShinCorp and ABC amongst many others.
We can't help but noticed that she has great skills in distancing herself from bad news. Each time someone else in Temasek was asked to announce the bad news. Is that a great leader?....appearing only to take credits and trying not to be accountable for failures?
I think moving her out of Temasek is a good news to many.
But many are concerned where she will go. I would not be surprised if she enters th political arena.

Everyone knows about the global economic crisis. Unlike everyone, we paid premium renumeration and there is an expectation that there will be marked difference in the slide. This is about accountability and transparency over state assets.

She cannot rely on the crisis and the excuse of long term view on investment to just walk away.

Note: Temasek performance is not only covers Ho Ching but all those who have a role that have been paid highly to provide exceptional results. Do you see any exceptional results from this crisis.

Agree that she would not enter politics. There is no higher role in politics than sleeping with the PM. Why would she enter politics whenh she effectively sitting on the role of kingmaker.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was such a coincidence that wherever she went, she left the place in a deeper shit. Time and time again, never fail. And of course it's not her fault as usual.

Guess where will be her next destination? I think GIC!
For God sake, give the people a break!

She is known for all the business failures but nothing of her successes has surfaced. Really odd that nothing has been said about it.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is known for all the business failures but nothing of her successes has surfaced. Really odd that nothing has been said about it.

Its obvious ! With her proven track record the past 7 years; even the best spin doctors in Singapore has no idea how to turn crap to gold. :cool: