• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

High class construction coolie can claim 425k for 2007 worksite accident

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this guy is a bangla, his supervisor would have dumped his injured ass in a Choa Chu Kang drain to die :rolleyes:

After 6 yrs of pain, German gets $425,000

070314_TNP_germanroofer.jpg

Friday, Mar 07, 2014
The New Paper

By Zul Othman

SINGAPORE - He hopes that the $425,000 in damages awarded to him last week will give him a fresh start.

In 2007, German national Tayfun Altin fell through a roof at a worksite near Grange Road and spent a year in hospital and two years in rehabilitation.

He also had 15 operations.

"I have no cartilage in (parts of my) hands now.
I can't even hold a bottle of beer for too long, the whole wrist will be in pain," he said.

The metal roofer arrived here in May 2007 to work as a site supervisor with Sheet Metal International Systems, the sub-contractor for a Sysma Construction project.

On Nov 27, 2007, he was working on a roof when he stepped on a 3mm-thick piece of plywood covering a skylight opening. There was no way it could hold his weight.

"There were no barricades, fencing or warning signs to warn me of the skylight opening. Once I stepped on the plywood, it broke and I fell through the opening," said Mr Altin, who arrived here on Feb 24 to collect the money from Sysma, which settled the matter out of court.

"All I could remember was that I tried to break the fall with my hands. That, and the excruciating pain that followed."

He fractured his pelvis and left wrist. His left middle finger was dislocated.

He had an operation on his wrist, one to replace his hip, and 13 to treat an infection that had set in in his pelvic region.

Mr Altin now ekes out a meagre living as a cashier at a petrol station near Stuttgart, earning the equivalent of $1,200 each month.

As a site supervisor here, he had earned a basic monthly salary of $3,650.

"I can't work as a metal roofer anymore because of my injuries," he said with a sigh.

[email protected]

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SG dare not play play with Ang Moh.
If Bangla. Insurance and company will not pay more than $50k in total.
Sinkie maybe $100k or less.
But Ang Moh is protected in SG.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SG dare not play play with Ang Moh.
If Bangla. Insurance and company will not pay more than $50k in total.
Sinkie maybe $100k or less.
But Ang Moh is protected in SG.

Haha... true true... but he is not angmor.. this fella must be a Turkish German.

But the bigger question is which kong kum construction company hired a German construction worker for local projects?

2007 was the beginning of the great FT flood. Companies back then must have just brought in any mother's son to work here!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before jumping to conclusions, one needs to look at quantum arrived at -loss of wages (vs lower end types) and incapacity (injury assessed)

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha... true true... but he is not angmor.. this fella must be a Turkish German.

But the bigger question is which kong kum construction company hired a German construction worker for local projects?

2007 was the beginning of the great FT flood. Companies back then must have just brought in any mother's son to work here!

Those employ Ang Moh must be big project tender winning by Oversea Ang Moh company eg. Stadium in Kallang.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Grange road? 2007?

I know ang mor were hired for MBS.. but they were engineers... not site supers.

For big project sure need some of their own people to supervise and feedback to top management.
Subcon/builder might cover up something. Supervise to look after any problem and feedback to owner or shareholder.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For big project sure need some of their own people to supervise and feedback to top management.
Subcon/builder might cover up something. Supervise to look after any problem and feedback to owner or shareholder.

Good point..

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those employ Ang Moh must be big project tender winning by Oversea Ang Moh company eg. Stadium in Kallang.

what ang moh? in germany you have millions of such scums immigrants from turkey, and eastern bloc countries and gypsies who work in menial jobs and find the slightest excuse to sue. That's why the germans hate these low life scums. it is not racism. just like Nigerians who are famous for their letter scams.
This guy is most prob a turk or gysy judging from his name and probably looking for ways to find fault/sue. come on, he is a roofer with experience and yet he still stepped on a 3mm-thick piece of plywood covering a skylight opening which could not hold his weight!!!!! as a professional roofer for many years and he does NOT know where to step while doing roofig jobs??? got to kidding. the judge must be blind and stupid enough to belief his story. soon you would have alot ofo roofer purposedly stepping on thin plywood and plastic and enacting such "accidents" for $400K!!!!

Last edited:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
.............. This guy is most prob a turk or gysy judging from his name and probably looking for ways to find fault/sue. come on, he is a roofer with experience and yet he still stepped on a 3mm-thick piece of plywood covering a skylight opening which could not hold his weight!!!!! as a professional roofer for many years and he does NOT know where to step while doing roofig jobs??? got to kidding. the judge must be blind and stupid enough to belief his story. soon you would have alot ofo roofer purposedly stepping on thin plywood and plastic and enacting such "accidents" for $400K!!!!

"There were no barricades, fencing or warning signs to warn me of the skylight opening. Once I stepped on the plywood, it broke and I fell through the opening," said Mr Altin, who arrived here on Feb 24 to collect the money from Sysma, which settled the matter out of court.

What the FUCK this numero uno is some dumbfuck masquerading as an expert when he can't even read properly.

Let me enlighten this useless goondu:

1) There is no judge. Above quote from article already said "collect the money from Sysma, which SETTLED THE MATTER OUT OF COURT"! Yo, Sinkie don't know how to read Ingereesh arh!

2) The cause of action is not based on the fact that the plywood could not bear his weight, but on the fact that "there were no barricades, fencing or warning signs to warn of the skylight opening". That is also in that one small paragraph quoted. What the FUCK, such a simple concept this egoist maniac who dares to call himself "numero uno" also cannot grasp. He should change this nick to Last to Understand.

3) Therefore, the gist of the action is failure of the Employer to maintain a Safe Workplace. If it is a statutory requirement to do so, and I would be surprised if it were not, then there is basis to sue for the tort of breach of statutory duty. Occupiers' liability is also an alternative cause of action in tort.

Learn your law Last to Understand ops I mean Numero whatever. :kma:

Last edited:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the FUCK this numero uno is some dumbfuck masquerading as an expert when he can't even read properly.

Let me enlighten this useless goondu:

1) There is no judge. Above quote from article already said "collect the money from Sysma, which SETTLED THE MATTER OUT OF COURT"! Yo, Sinkie don't know how to read Ingereesh arh!

2) The cause of action is not based on the fact that the plywood could not bear his weight, but on the fact that "there were no barricades, fencing or warning signs to warn of the skylight opening". That is also in that one small paragraph quoted. What the FUCK, such a simple concept this egoist maniac who dares to call himself "numero uno" also cannot grasp. He should change this nick to Last to Understand.

3) Therefore, the gist of the action is failure of the Employer to maintain a Safe Workplace. If it is a statutory requirement to do so, and I would be surprised if it were not, then there is basis to sue for the tort of breach of statutory duty. Occupiers' liability is also an alternative cause of action in tort.

Learn your law Last to Understand ops I mean Numero whatever. :kma:

You must be damn stupid and never attend to such cases before. Do your research about the proper legal process for industrail accidents before opening your mouth and showing your off your fucking stupidity. For industrial accidents and dispute, they are refrred to MOM for arbitration first stupid. This arbritration panel is chaired by a district JUDGE who advised the parties how the case would go if it goes to HIGH court(for claims >$200K) and what the costs would be(at least $10K per day) and what would be the likely outcome. this is to prevent high absurd legal costs for bith parties.
The judge probably find for the plaintiff and the company decided to settle out of court to avoid the high legal costs shoudl it lose in the High courts(probably advised by the district judge to settle). His lawyer probably dig out some stupid excuse like employer not maintaining a safe workplace. FYI ALL industrail dispute would use this same excuse of an unsafe workplace!!!!otehrwise what otehr excuse can you use.? your own stupiduity as exemplify by your post. The fact is that he is a professional roofer with years of experience , yet still choose to step on plywood. It's akin to a professional soldier stepping on a landmine in a minefield and claiming he did not expect a mine in a minefield? the plywood was uses to patch a hole in the roof that was defective (tahts why he was called to re -roof it, stupid). What tort of breach cock language you talking about. Go and read your arbritration panel process in MOM workbook before exposing ouyr ignorance and stupidity using pseudo legal terms. I know as I handle such cases every week. Please go and eat my SHIT:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact is that he is a professional roofer with years of experience , yet still choose to step on plywood. It's akin to a professional soldier stepping on a landmine in a minefield and claiming he did not expect a mine in a minefield? the plywood was uses to patch a hole in the roof that was defective (tahts why he was called to re -roof it, stupid).

The fact is that all professional roofers have X-ray vision and all work places have exactly the same layout and staff of a one and thousand and one different nationalities always use the same materials to cover holes. It is akin to a general sending soldiers to charge a hill without telling them that there is a minefield with exact co-ordinates and then blaming the soldiers for not taking the hill because most of them were blown up by enemy mines. Bravo Sinkies' powers of analysis has improved significantly due to constant burying of head in 10 year series.
:kma::kma::kma: