• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jap Chong of The Quests dies of heart attack

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank goodness you did not mention soursop. Fucking soursop is going at 700baht ($27) per kilo here. That would have been $1,350 if it's a 50kg.

A 50kg pussy is just a $100 or $120 plus tips. Ok mate I'll stick with pussy.

Any particular reason why soursop prices are so high in this agricultural country?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Any particular reason why soursop prices are so high in this agricultural country?

THB700/kg is if you can bloody find it. It's so rare. You ask people many don't even know this fruit exist. Official name if Thu-Lian-Thet literally "durian from another country".

Only people in the south of Thailand know about this, guess it's close to Malaysia. My southern staff know this fruit and some even grow it at home. People in Bangkok and above no idea this fruit even existed. I've found a guy in Bangkok selling the plant buy it takes 3-5 years to bear fruit and bloody cost 3000-5000 baht per plant.

Like you I also very shock about the price and the fact this is an agriculture country more shocking is people don't even know this fruit exist.

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal
THB700/kg is if you can bloody find it. It's so rare. You ask people many don't even know this fruit exist. Official name if Thu-Lian-Thet literally "durian from another country".

Only people in the south of Thailand know about this, guess it's close to Malaysia. My southern staff know this fruit and some even grow it at home. People in Bangkok and above no idea this fruit even existed. I've found a guy in Bangkok selling the plant buy it takes 3-5 years to bear fruit and bloody cost 3000-5000 baht per plant.

Like you I also very shock about the price and the fact this is an agriculture country more shocking is people don't even know this fruit exist.

It sounds so strange as I thought the Thais are very advance in agriculture. Nowadays many fruits not traditionally imported from Thailand like mangoes are a common sight as well as other fruits.

Soursops are not difficult to grow so I wondered why there are not many growers in Thailand. They are not great for eating as most are chewy but the juice is better than most other fruits.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It sounds so strange as I thought the Thais are very advance in agriculture. Nowadays many fruits not traditionally imported from Thailand like mangoes are a common sight as well as other fruits.

Soursops are not difficult to grow so I wondered why there are not many growers in Thailand. They are not great for eating as most are chewy but the juice is better than most other fruits.

There's no doubt Thais are great agriculturalists somehow they simply missed soursop in their radar screen. Thailand especially Isaan (north east) is an ideal location for soursop. Hmmm come to think of it I should plant some soursop in some of my warehouses there. Could be a business opportunity. Why didn't I think of it? Thanks.

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no doubt Thais are great agriculturalists somehow they simply missed soursop in their radar screen. Thailand especially Isaan (north east) is an ideal location for soursop. Hmmm come to think of it I should plant some soursop in some of my warehouses there. Could be a business opportunity. Why didn't I think of it? Thanks.

Yes you can do that. Live roaming chickens can provide good manure too if you have ample space. They grow well with other trees too like coconut and papayas.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes you can do that. Live roaming chickens can provide good manure too if you have ample space. They grow well with other trees too like coconut and papayas.

Hey do you know how fast this plant grow? After my last post I asked my staff to check and she immediately found a supplier who can sell 40cm plants but not many. I told her to take whatever that have. Space in upcountry is not an issue. But chickens may be am issue cos warehouse no chickens. Anyway can use organic soil and fertilizers. Will take photos and show you once I get them probably tomorrow or day after tomorrow. This plant can tahan hot weather?

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey do you know how fast this plant grow? After my last post I asked my staff to check and she immediately found a supplier who can sell 40cm plants but not many. I told her to take whatever that have. Space in upcountry is not an issue. But chickens may be am issue cos warehouse no chickens. Anyway can use organic soil and fertilizers. Will take photos and show you once I get them probably tomorrow or day after tomorrow. This plant can tahan hot weather?

Yes this plant can thrive in hot weather. It is adapted to warm, humid tropical climate, and can tolerate both drought conditions and partial shade.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes this plant can thrive in hot weather. It is adapted to warm, humid tropical climate, and can tolerate both drought conditions and partial shade.

Great. Thanks. They will go collect the plants tomorrow, will get to see them tomorrow afternoon.

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great. Thanks. They will go collect the plants tomorrow, will get to see them tomorrow afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing how well they are doing. Best of luck.

Sorry to TS for side-tracking and R.I.P. to Jap, your death is our loss.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rember THe StyLus anyOne ?...:wink:
You really meant STYLERS

StylersRandy2.jpg

[video=youtube;R0peTyGjvbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0peTyGjvbc[/video]

Last edited:

BernJSolosa

Bernard died a few years back not long after his jalan jelita house was foreclosed and made a bankrupt.
His son junior married a rich Chinese girl lived in thomson area and worked in sales....he worked under me for awhile.
You seem to know Bernard Jr and he worked for you ?