• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Ah Bock launches new attack on PAP after CNY un-invite

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
High chance Ah Bok will win the next Presidential Election if he takes part. The thing is, is he going to continue speaking up after he becomes the next President? No matter what still better than the current KFC kotek.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although its good to voice his opinion, it will be better if he can put his money where his mouth is by standing as an opposition or independent candidate in the next election. This way he can show he has truly broken away from his PAP past and won't be accused of drumming up support for his presidential aspiration.

I prefer him the way it is now...remain non partisan and yet causing harms to PAP. He is needed to convince those pro PAP voters and fence sitters. Joining opposition will only serve to discredit his standings amongst these 2 voting blocs. In fact I don't even think he should openly endorse any opposition.

Last edited:

presby

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree his assessment that the PAP has alienated many Singaporeans that are facing challenges with job stability with so many FT. He is right PAP brought FT in too fast and too many. Older generation mostly retired tends to support PAP as they felt the 1st generation has done a great job. PAP now trying to secure as much votes as possible from the older generation from this Pioneer benefits. It should work but may not be enough.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree his assessment that the PAP has alienated many Singaporeans that are facing challenges with job stability with so many FT. He is right PAP brought FT in too fast and too many. Older generation mostly retired tends to support PAP as they felt the 1st generation has done a great job. PAP now trying to secure as much votes as possible from the older generation from this Pioneer benefits. It should work but may not be enough.
East Coast GRC would have been lost in 2011 if not for the old folks from Bedok.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
it will not be too difficult for TCB to return back to parliament as an elected mp; regardless whether as an opposition or independent...he still has very strong grassroot support; pap/non pap alike

but how much can TCB contributes as non PAP MP?...he'll be outnumbered, out voted on every issue he voices out against these social injustice that we see so often these days...

as a President with executive powers is different; that's why TT had to be recalled back from retirement.
the fear within the 'cheng hoo' with TCB as the next president is very real and will be a nightmare to them

2nd question is: will TCB chicken out...alike another ngiam HD?

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with regards to the PAP..good oppo MPs will out speak the current batch of pappies anyday. pap fears more oppos go in n argue better than them the more they r made to look silly. look at the pappie sweet talkers. the like of vivian n jo teo..try to out argue with pappies n now run away with their tails between their legs..imagine if vincent n tan jee say were mps.who in pap can out argue them? if TCB is elected as an oppo mp.. he will be able to defend himself against the pappies. but i prefer him as president..his ever his life as president wont b too easy as the presidential advisers r all pappies..they will make life difficult for him. but he can also cause more problems for the pappies.

it will not too difficult for TCB to return back to parliament as an elected mp; regardless whether as an opposition or independent...he still has very strong grassroot support (pap/non pap)

but how much can TCB contributes as non PAP MP?...he'll be outnumbered, out voted on every issue he voices out against these social injustice that we see so often these days...

as a President with executive powers is different; that's why TT had to be recalled back from retirement.
the fear within the 'cheng hoo' with TCB as the next president is very real and will be a nightmare to them

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, many s'poreans will prefer TCB to be president than an MP...but if this is to come true...will TCB be like another NHD?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer him the way it is now...remain non partisan and yet causing harms to PAP. He is needed to convince those pro PAP voters and fence sitters. Joining opposition will only serve to discredit his standings amongst these 2 voting blocs. In fact I don't even think he should openly endorse any opposition.

TCB can cause more damages by kpkb abt pap policies. He can sway those hardcore pap supporters who are being alienated by pap policies to give protest votes. TCB no need to endorse anyone, just need to continue to kpkb can liao. Don't underestimate his grassroots support, I know of many oldies strongly support him. Many went to his clinic just to talk to him even thou he no longer a MP.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very down to earth assessment by TCB.The opposition will win more seats, definitely.

The writing is on the wall. Talk to the man in the street about FTsh policy, about FTsh not being sent to jail for offences, etc and you can feel the anger, the frustration of the local born sinkies. PAP is on the way down.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
it will not be too difficult for TCB to return back to parliament as an elected mp; regardless whether as an opposition or independent...he still has very strong grassroot support; pap/non pap alike

2nd question is: will TCB chicken out...alike another ngiam HD?

They can talk only; got no balls when it comes to real action. Would they dare to when LKY is still alive and kicking?

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
with regards to the PAP..good oppo MPs will out speak the current batch of pappies anyday. pap fears more oppos go in n argue better than them the more they r made to look silly. look at the pappie sweet talkers. the like of vivian n jo teo..try to out argue with pappies n now run away with their tails between their legs..imagine if vincent n tan jee say were mps.who in pap can out argue them? if TCB is elected as an oppo mp.. he will be able to defend himself against the pappies. but i prefer him as president..his ever his life as president wont b too easy as the presidential advisers r all pappies..they will make life difficult for him. but he can also cause more problems for the pappies.

LKY had said it before. Whoever unravelled this tiny island, he would not hesitate to go after them. Knowing the steel determination of LKY, these people surely got to think twice when he is still alive and watching every move. He might be old but surely his brain is still ticking like a super computer.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal

My father likes the pioneer generation package (he calls it the pai kia generation package as he hailed from the days of gangsterism of 1950s) but hell, no vote for the PAP, he said.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY had said it before. Whoever unravelled this tiny island, he would not hesitate to go after them. Knowing the steel determination of LKY, these people surely got to think twice when he is still alive and watching every move. He might be old but surely his brain is still ticking like a super computer.

bro are sure or not...there was corruption in SLA...corruption in MFA...in MHA...MND...CPIB...MRT is breaking down....police cars kenna burned....he's still charge???