• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

25 talents jailed for using fake degrees

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Only 25???

I'll say they will have done a good job when they jail 250,000 and even then that number would represent the tip of the iceberg.

I agree. 250,000 faked or forged paper qualifications out of 2 million FTs would be a more realistic number than 25. And why are we jailing them (and hence feeding, clothing and housing them)? FOr some of these fake FTs from Myanmar and India, our Changi prison must be like a holiday camp with 3 square meals a day. And free medical too if they fall ill. I would suggest the courts look at caning for these sort of offences.

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fishit Fishit, these are the talent we want. :oIo:
[video=youtube;072yaIg3T50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=072yaIg3T50[/video]

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2s9rq5s.png

Last edited:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. 250,000 faked or forged paper qualifications out of 2 million FTs would be a more realistic number than 25. And why are we jailing them (and hence feeding, clothing and housing them)? FOr some of these fake FTs from Myanmar and India, our Changi prison must be like a holiday camp with 3 square meals a day. And free medical too if they fall ill. I would suggest the courts look at caning for these sort of offences.

no need to cane or jail. send them back home and ban them from coming back..

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only 25???

I'll say they will have done a good job when they jail 250,000 and even then that number would represent the tip of the iceberg.

MOM have not fully investigate there should be by the thousand from Pinoyland, Vietcong, Myanmar, India and PRC!!

The Can of Worm not open yet!!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
25 foreign workers jailed for forged academic certificates

POSTED: 21 Feb 2014 12:21

Twenty-five foreign employees have been sentenced to jail between four to 12 weeks for submitting forged academic certificates to obtain work passes to work in Singapore.

SINGAPORE: Twenty-five foreign employees have been sentenced to jail between four to 12 weeks for submitting forged academic certificates to obtain work passes to work in Singapore.

All 25 of them, comprising 21 men and four women, had pleaded guilty to the charges.

Sixteen were from Myanmar, seven from India and two from the Philippines.

The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) said the forged academic certificates were submitted to the Controller of Work Passes, which is an offence under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.

MOM said this is the largest number of foreign employees prosecuted for the offence this year.

It added that the penalties are the most severe the court has meted out so far for the offence.

The accused persons obtained forged academic certificates in their home countries.

They used the certificates to apply for work passes between November 2, 2012 and June 7, 2013.

MOM said based on the false information submitted, the accused persons were issued 20 S Passes and five Employment Passes.

They did not possess the requisite university degree qualifications, and had knowingly used the forged academic certificates to mislead MOM to believe that they met the required educational criteria to obtain work passes.

MOM discovered that the certificates were forged following checks with the relevant certificate issuing institutions and respective foreign government departments.

The employers were also unaware that the foreign employees had submitted forged academic certificates for their work pass applications.

MOM said as there was no complicity on the part of the employers, no further action was taken against them.

- CNA/nd

Ah Nehs and PRCs?