• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was reported that foreign workers remitted almost RM500 million (tax free) every month overseas. A lot of these are from illegal workers from Indians, Pakistanis, Banglas, Viets, Burmese, Nepal, etc. through money changers, the so call black money network. They can't stop them so the next logical step is to employ locals to cut off foreigners. Locals who has nothing to do resort to politicking and crimes to survive. Besides locals pay taxes too.

The Government is even raising the levy to RM 2500 to employ a foreign worker for 3 years. If it is a illegal worker, you can legalise them by paying RM 1200. But if you are caught employing illegal ones, then it is a very hefty fine.

In that case, congratulations! You have a very, very fine Government, unlike what you say the last time that Singapore Govt is good and the Malaysians are left to fend for themselves.

I already know first hand that foreigners in Singapore are remitting huge amounts of money out from Singapore, it is like whatever GDP growth they helped to grow is actually also exported back to their own country, so Singapore is actually back to square one. I am surprised that SG scholar ministers cannot see this, Singaporeans are left to fend for themselves from cheaper FT. Really pathetic and now all the pathetic SG people really have no choice but to plan their retirement in Johor. You can see many gripes here from Singaporeans. If they can afford cars and landed homes with well paying jobs in Singapore, I am sure they would stay in Singapore.....Singapore is a sad country with no soul and care for it's people, let alone welfare.

So win win for Malaysia. Lose lose for Singapore.

I would like to be Malaysian, rather than OZ, how to apply?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In that case, congratulations! You have a very, very fine Government, unlike what you say the last time that Singapore Govt is good and the Malaysians are left to fend for themselves.

I already know first hand that foreigners in Singapore are remitting huge amounts of money out from Singapore, it is like whatever GDP growth they helped to grow is actually also exported back to their own country, so Singapore is actually back to square one. I am surprised that SG scholar ministers cannot see this, Singaporeans are left to fend for themselves from cheaper FT. Really pathetic and now all the pathetic SG people really have no choice but to plan their retirement in Johor. You can see many gripes here from Singaporeans. If they can afford cars and landed homes with well paying jobs in Singapore, I am sure they would stay in Singapore.....Singapore is a sad country with no soul and care for it's people, let alone welfare.

So win win for Malaysia. Lose lose for Singapore.

I would like to be Malaysian, rather than OZ, how to apply?

I said Malaysian CHINESE are left to fend for themselves.
No need to apply. Just become a illegal. No need to pay tax and no need to buy any property. Don't like, just move to the next place. If you know how to jive, Malaysia is a good place to stay. A bit of correction. The levy is RM 2500 per year and not 3 years.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to touch on these foreigners a bit. Back in 1980s, when Malaysia open its door to foreigners, everyone thought it is good.
30 years later, we found out Malaysia is still the same. There's no increase in productivity and Malaysians developed a sense of dependency.
The training be it technical skills, social or even exposure we gave to the foreigners are gone immediately they leave after the 3 years. They are here for the money only. Pure economic factors. No loyalty, no succession, no hard feelings.
Yes, the cost of labour is cheap and we are able to export competitively. But we would be constantly repeating the recruitment cycle. There's no end to it. Don't forget as years go on, we get old. How long can we keep doing this?

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
And I thought that news piece would bring discussion to topic of properties resiliency in Iskandar.

I am trying to move away from those recycled topics on whose property is better. :smile:
But the fact is there. The cost of construction labour would rise and so will be the cost of materials.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I said Malaysian CHINESE are left to fend for themselves.
No need to apply. Just become a illegal. No need to pay tax and no need to buy any property. Don't like, just move to the next place. If you know how to jive, Malaysia is a good place to stay. A bit of correction. The levy is RM 2500 per year and not 3 years.

Still much better off than Singaporean Chinese.

Ha ha I want to be legal Malaysian Citizen, can buy house in Malaysia as a citizen as well as take dual citizenship in OZ.

Malaysia if you can fend for yourself, future is very, very bright.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
xebay11 bin Abdullah might do the trick. :biggrin:

You are right. Malaysia is like the wild west. Land of opportunity. The limit is your imagination.
If you intend to be a global citizen in your later years, then this is the place for you.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
And I thought that news piece would bring discussion to topic of properties resiliency in Iskandar.

These Bangladesh workers will need housing but because they are foreigners they probably cannot afford the above RM1 million properties...but maybe they can rent condos, provided landlords want to.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
xebay11 bin Abdullah might do the trick. :biggrin:

You are right. Malaysia is like the wild west. Land of opportunity. The limit is your imagination.
If you intend to be a global citizen in your later years, then this is the place for you.

Ha ha yes. Lucky Malaysians.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
These Bangladesh workers will need housing but because they are foreigners they probably cannot afford the above RM1 million properties...but maybe they can rent condos, provided landlords want to.

Bye bye foreign workers.

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 19 — Putrajaya is suspending the recruitment of all foreign workers including the 1.5 million Bangladeshis offered by Dhaka.

The decision was announced by Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi today.

The government has decided to suspend the intake of foreign workers from providing countries, Bangladesh and to urge employers to hire local workers,” Ahmad Zahid said on Twitter today.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...ll-foreign-worker-intake#sthash.t6GHtFx4.dpuf

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bye bye foreign workers.

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 19 — Putrajaya is suspending the recruitment of all foreign workers including the 1.5 million Bangladeshis offered by Dhaka.

The decision was announced by Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi today.

The government has decided to suspend the intake of foreign workers from providing countries, Bangladesh and to urge employers to hire local workers,” Ahmad Zahid said on Twitter today.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...ll-foreign-worker-intake#sthash.t6GHtFx4.dpuf

Prata has flipped again? Wondering if this is because of "Bumiprata" policy? :biggrin:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prata has flipped again? Wondering if this is because of "Bumiprata" policy? :biggrin:

This decision has already been made long ago to put a case forward for locals to be employed at a higher payscale.
If you know how to jive with the system, there's bright future for you.

In Malaysia, never never take things at its face value. Read between the lines and you will definitely use that little info to your advantage. Sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't. Malaysia is very translucent, not transparent at all.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
This decision has already been made long ago to put a case forward for locals to be employed at a higher payscale.
If you know how to jive with the system, there's bright future for you.

In Malaysia, never never take things at its face value. Read between the lines and you will definitely use that little info to your advantage. Sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't. Malaysia is very translucent, not transparent at all.

Actually still thinking, better to let Malaysian locals go out and earn foreign money, I am sure Malaysians remit and bring back more money to spend in Malaysia than Banglas can remit money out of Malaysia, ie input much much more than output, so the policy to make companies pay more to keep Malaysians in the country is still not a smart idea.

Biggest loser is Singapore, import so many foreigners and drain the economy through remittances and spending in their home country.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Downright ban on foreign labour is gota cause Malaysia economy to slip. The son of the soils have problems even working in petrol ksioks, lah!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Already said by Tekkun, take things at face value. Plans are all there and infrastructure all there but if the locals keep going to Singapore to find work, how are the industries really going to grow? 10 years more?, 20, 30 years more?

By that time even Malaysia may lose its competitiveness, I just called for a tender for several thousand uniforms for my workers, the vendors who came in included some from Indonesia and Malaysia, in my mind I was thinking the vendor with factories in Indonesia may win the tender, as Malaysian costs are higher than Indonesia. Maybe next time vendors may come in with production in Vietnam to compete.

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Already said by Tekkun, take things at face value. Plans are all there and infrastructure all there but if the locals keep going to Singapore to find work, how are the industries really going to grow? 10 years more?, 20, 30 years more?

By that time even Malaysia may lose its competitiveness, I just called for a tender for several thousand uniforms for my workers, the vendors who came in included some from Indonesia and Malaysia, in my mind I was thinking the vendor with factories in Indonesia may win the tender, as Malaysian costs are higher than Indonesia. Maybe next time vendors may come in with production in Vietnam to compete.

Months ago, I did mention reasons why I don't think Iskandar will "take off". The analysis I did back them are similar to what the Straits Times report published.

Iskandar properties are good for retirees and maybe buy one if you have already have made your money elsewhere. So for eg, if you have S$1million extra cash at hand you gained from winning the lottery or a business deal, it's ok perhaps to throw S$300k in Iskandar.

The problem is the way the Malaysian government works. The planning is haphazard and they seem to just collect money now and "do as it comes". 10 years is a long time and if we are only seeing what Iskandar has to offer in the present, I'd say the progress is considered damn slow and disappointing. What do you expect to see in the next 10 years on? HSR, MRT and RTS tracks moving past one another, high-tech companies set up there, booming factories, etc? Dream on and wait long long!

In SG, after 10 years, you have seen what we can, and have achieved. More extensive MRT train lines (also excellent general connectivity in all transportation network), MBS, soaring economy, Sentosa spruce up, etc. Iskandar by comparison is limping.

If Malaysians themselves are flocking to SG to work, and rightly so, there's a problem with skilled labour. No quality business/industralization--> no population--> no boom in general.

The HK/Shenzhen model does not work here as the standards between JB and SG are too different.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Months ago, I did mention reasons why I don't think Iskandar will "take off". The analysis I did back them are similar to what the Straits Times report published.

Iskandar properties are good for retirees and maybe buy one if you have already have made your money elsewhere. So for eg, if you have S$1million extra cash at hand you gained from winning the lottery or a business deal, it's ok perhaps to throw S$300k in Iskandar.

The problem is the way the Malaysian government works. The planning is haphazard and they seem to just collect money now and "do as it comes". 10 years is a long time and if we are only seeing what Iskandar has to offer in the present, I'd say the progress is considered damn slow and disappointing. What do you expect to see in the next 10 years on? HSR, MRT and RTS tracks moving past one another, high-tech companies set up there, booming factories, etc? Dream on and wait long long!

In SG, after 10 years, you have seen what we can, and have achieved. More extensive MRT train lines (also excellent general connectivity in all transportation network), MBS, soaring economy, Sentosa spruce up, etc. Iskandar by comparison is limping.

If Malaysians themselves are flocking to SG to work, and rightly so, there's a problem with skilled labour. No quality business/industralization--> no population--> no boom in general.

The HK/Shenzhen model does not work here as the standards between JB and SG are too different.

Singapore is Singapore. It had its own pace of development, its Government and its own set of efficiency. And not forgetting its cold treatment of its people. It is all about merit and money in Singapore.

Iskandar has its own character. Life is slower, cheaper and own charm. It is not about just the physical property and rail system but the human social interaction that you get in Malaysia. If you want to invest in Iskandar, it will have to be on its own merit. It doesn’t mean if Iskandar is as efficient as Singapore, it will be like Singapore and people will like this place.

Nothing to compare, nothing to explain. If you like, you come. If you don’t, you leave. Property investments is as simple as that.

Last edited:

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amusing isn't it...this is like I went and ate chicken rice at Ah Chong stall at Iskandar. I find it quite tasty...reasonable price and quality...I will go again.

Then at a food forum, there couple of critics whom only read food blogs....kept impose views to me Ah Chong chicken rice cannot make it...and went on to say Iskandar is not a place for chicken rice.

It's strange why they don't listen to patrons of Ah Chong chicken rice...whom is at best position to give opinion....