• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG's problems are that the world is fast changing, we have a small domestic market, and the general population is complacent and sticks to tried-and-tested solutions, which are often not so relevant in today's world.

With SG's manufacturing shrinking due to loss of competitiveness, banking sector losing safe haven status and the high tech and knowledge based economy slow in bearing enough fruits, SG is at a critical juncture. A timely global economic recovery could buy more time. Still there is a fat reserve to fall back on but this wouldnt be good for image and confidence.

Last edited:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
With SG's manufacturing shrinking due to loss of competitiveness, banking sector losing safe haven status and the high tech and knowledge based economy slow in bearing enough fruits, SG is at a critical juncture. A timely global economic recovery could buy more time. Still there is a fat reserve to fall back on but this wouldnt be good for image and confidence.

Too much worry....and this is the real worry
https://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_mcafee_are_droids_taking_our_jobs

One of the reason i think china communist party want to retain that communist name, because in future, everyone on earth will be communist. Marxism theory is great but one of the fundamental flaw is that, it rely on manpower. Until another revolution totally substitute manpower, Marxism will remain as theory that lack applicability.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fast forward to today, and one is growing its economy at 1% and the other at 4% per annum. The easy days of population ponzi are gone forever but sadly, many Singaporeans still dont realise it.

Take a good look at the world's fastest growing economy and don't just view things from a single dimension.
The reason why they are so high is simply because they start from a much lower base.
Putting it in simpler way, it is almost like a rich man's growth of 1% is very much more than a poor guy's growth of 20%.
Food for thought.

economic growth.png

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too much worry....and this is the real worry
https://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_mcafee_are_droids_taking_our_jobs

One of the reason i think china communist party want to retain that communist name, because in future, everyone on earth will be communist. Marxism theory is great but one of the fundamental flaw is that, it rely on manpower. Until another revolution totally substitute manpower, Marxism will remain as theory that lack applicability.

I think communism and capitalism are or would converge to a balance point, based on all forces eventually.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
People normally have aspirations to have better housing. Most likely their LCH is nothing like our HDB.

My first house is a low cost terrace house 14ft wide x 55ft length. Basic cement floor, no tiles, no kitchen cabinet, just a single aluminium sink, 1 squatting toilet and 2 rooms. Bought in 1985 for RM 43,800 and rented it out for RM550/mth today.
There's no shame staying in a low cost house.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
People normally have aspirations to have better housing. Most likely their LCH is nothing like our HDB.
Very decent housing, quite small but still able to park a car inside the house coz normally got car porch, got electric, water, brick n mortar, non gated n guarded. Rental nowadays is around rm 400-500 pm. But recent phase mostly high rise liao, landed de need to be vry outskirt. You can try google jb low cost house n see, see is it worse than hdb?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very decent housing, quite small but still able to park a car inside the house coz normally got car porch, got electric, water, brick n mortar, non gated n guarded. Rental nowadays is around rm 400-500 pm. But recent phase mostly high rise liao, landed de need to be vry outskirt. You can try google jb low cost house n see, see is it worse than hdb?

Google "Rumah Iskandar"

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon my ignorance but I thought LCH is like those apartment buildings that I see where cars park under the void decks. Stulang have something like that, right?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

You have to proud that the public housing in SG is the BEST in the world (which also made many people very rich).
When I brought some foreign friends to Pasir Ris to visit a common friend, they were surprised by the clean, quiet, spaciousness, green, orderly planned, etc., environment.
To many foreigners, public housing usually means slums, ghettos, dirty, noisy, graffiti all over and full of undesirable people etc.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon my ignorance but I thought LCH is like those apartment buildings that I see where cars park under the void decks. Stulang have something like that, right?

If you drive around permas jaya or even many taman in jb, those smaller than usual house are all low cost house. Many of those taman when started, have ample of land, even when developers obligated to build low cost, they give enough space to fit a car in car porch, the older the more spacious they gave. So LCH is getting worse n worse while HDB is getting better n better (more modern). Decades ago, comparing hdb n LCH, ordinary singaporean standard of living when come to living space is not any better than johorean (malaysian, other states also like that, i would not say it is BEST in the world, abit haolian like singaporean), but johorean do not feel proud living in LCH, this is the worse they can get while singaporean ego make them feel proud about PAP benevolent.

The one in stulang, near EDL right, i believe they build low cost flat to relocate those who originally reside in nearby bakar batu kampung, many rent it with ultra low rent, and cost is even lower (?not sure). Actually many older generation malaysian make their first pile of money via low cost house, 20 yrs ago buy a low cost house in permas n sell it now can make about 4x on original input. I use the word input bcoz many rich ppl drill loopholes buying more than 1.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

The LCH in smaller towns in malaysia are typically single storey terrace houses in taman with 2-3 br and with parking space enough for 2 cars within the fence costing from 30k to hundred plus k.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The LCH in smaller towns in malaysia are typically single storey terrace houses in taman with 2-3 br and with parking space enough for 2 cars within the fence costing from 30k to hundred plus k.

Yep and this is high class housing by Singapore standards.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you drive around permas jaya or even many taman in jb, those smaller than usual house are all low cost house. Many of those taman when started, have ample of land, even when developers obligated to build low cost, they give enough space to fit a car in car porch, the older the more spacious they gave. So LCH is getting worse n worse while HDB is getting better n better (more modern). Decades ago, comparing hdb n LCH, ordinary singaporean standard of living when come to living space is not any better than johorean (malaysian, other states also like that, i would not say it is BEST in the world, abit haolian like singaporean), but johorean do not feel proud living in LCH, this is the worse they can get while singaporean ego make them feel proud about PAP benevolent.

The one in stulang, near EDL right, i believe they build low cost flat to relocate those who originally reside in nearby bakar batu kampung, many rent it with ultra low rent, and cost is even lower (?not sure). Actually many older generation malaysian make their first pile of money via low cost house, 20 yrs ago buy a low cost house in permas n sell it now can make about 4x on original input. I use the word input bcoz many rich ppl drill loopholes buying more than 1.

HDB getting better and better and also getting more and more expensive. The PAP government has always been in property development business and has honed it to a fine craft, it all started with BHS fire, do you really believe that there really was an accidental fire?

The fire was intentional to force people to move to the new HDB flats, when HDB flats were first built, nobody wanted them but PAP very far sighted and knew that HDB would be a game changer to the government coffers and burnt BHS kampong and forced people into the HDB. This kind of tactics very common in the early days and practiced by triads in Hong Kong, yes triads....

These days PAP getting smarter and smarter and nowadays very few SERs projects, they knew that just by clearing some former SAF training grounds in Tengah and build HDB flats would be much more profitable than giving compensation to owners in Central locations in SERs scheme, Voila Tengah new town was announced.

Around Bukit Batok area they build flats in almost every square inch now, land which was formerly used as buffer to expressway, petrol station or simply bad location also build. They put fanciful articles in newspapers of the transformation of Jurong lakeside hub to drum up hype like Iskandar and frankly, besides a few new malls and a hotel Jurong East is still a backwater slum.

Iskandar developers using same tactics as the PAP.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
My first house is a low cost terrace house 14ft wide x 55ft length. Basic cement floor, no tiles, no kitchen cabinet, just a single aluminium sink, 1 squatting toilet and 2 rooms. Bought in 1985 for RM 43,800 and rented it out for RM550/mth today.
There's no shame staying in a low cost house.

Of course no shame, how to be shame when Singaporeans live in country where 70% live in LCH?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course no shame, how to be shame when Singaporeans live in country where 70% live in LCH?

The big difference is Malaysia starting price of low cost house is RM 45,000. Objective is for house ownership and subsidised by Government. My relative now stay in a 2 room 700 sq ft PPR flat aka low cost flat in Selayang, KL and he pays RM 107 rental each month. The Government made offer for him 2 years ago to buy over the unit at RM45k but he prefer to rent. :smile:

In Singapore is not low cost housing, it is called HDB and the starting price is from S$200,000.
Valuewise and figurewise, Malaysia lost to Singapore already. Some more RM so weak in value. Paiseh man.:biggrin:
According to some people, this really shameful.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The big difference is Malaysia starting price of low cost house is RM 45,000. Objective is for house ownership and subsidised by Government. My relative now stay in a 2 room 700 sq ft PPR flat aka low cost flat in Selayang, KL and he pays RM 107 rental each month. The Government made offer for him 2 years ago to buy over the unit at RM45k but he prefer to rent. :smile:

In Singapore is not low cost housing, it is called HDB and the starting price is from S$200,000.
Valuewise and figurewise, Malaysia lost to Singapore already. Some more RM so weak in value. Paiseh man.:biggrin:

Nope for Singapore, this is called inflation, so HDB is considered LCH, tell the 70% here that it is shameful.

Anyway damn! For living in KL for RM 107 a month, you can call me anything you want.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe the true spirit and meaning of public housing is found in Malaysia LCH model.

In Singapore maybe the Govt also feel embarassed to call it low cost housing, instead they use the anomalous "affordable" housing which means for many to be indebted for life. Pretty much a lifetime of servitude if one keeps "upgrading" their HDB pigeon hole...oops....gonna get flak for calling it pigeon holes liao!

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is the kind of living space many Singaporeans would dream of!