• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for great explanation! people should no longer think IBS is low tech. In fact I think IBS would eventually meets 3D printing if not already.

A bread factory churning out tens of thousands of loaves of bread daily using high tech methods and fully automatic equipment coupled with distribution network to send fresh bread within hours to various destinations near and far.
A neighbourhood bakery churning out a few hundred loves of bread made by hand and only retails to the neighbourhood.
You may say the first is high tech and the second one low tech.
But actually they are both belong to the low tech industry.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bread factory churning out tens of thousands of loaves of bread daily using high tech methods and fully automatic equipment coupled with distribution network to send fresh bread within hours to various destinations near and far.
A neighbourhood bakery churning out a few hundred loves of bread made by hand and only retails to the neighbourhood.

If you don't have high tech Lucasfilm, you can still survive
But if you don't have low tech bread factory, you starved to death.
That is the difference.
It is only when you no longer have hunger, you start to think what is better.
Always go back to the fundamentals and don't forget the ones who got you high tech in the first place.

Life has its own choices. No one is wrong. Only priorities differ.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the difference.
Always go back to the fundamentals and don't forget the ones who got you high tech in the first place.

You are entirely out of context.
Anyway, wanting to drink fresh milk, you keep a cow in your backyard?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the difference.

He is referring to bread making as low technology, the difference is only the size between an MNC bakery and mom and pop bakery.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Has anyone authoritative in the technology world having same definition as yours as to what constitute low tech and high tech?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone authoritative in the technology world having same definition as yours as to what constitute low tech and high tech?

Maybe you should read up more on the happenings in EDB where you'll find the definition of High Tech.
In fact, EDB has already identified several high tech sectors for SG for the next decade to turn the country into a truly global cosmopolitan city.
Among them are :

InfoTech products and service - which include InfoComm, cloud computing, data analytics, cyber security, design and research etc. (do you know Twitter Asia Pacific HQ is in SG?)
MedTech - which include pharmaceutical and biotechnology R&D and production, clinical research etc.
Water Industry - which include innovation and development of new water management and treatment technologies, SG is already recognised as the ‘Global Hydrohub’
Interactive and Digital Media - include video games design, animation and new forms of digital entertainment.
FinTech - include financial technology, banking and insurance, etc.
Aerospace - include all aviation-related services and manufacturing; SG also host the very successful annual International Airshow.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe you should read up more on the happenings in EDB where you'll find the definition of High Tech.
In fact, EDB has already identified several high tech sectors for SG for the next decade to turn the country into a truly global cosmopolitan city.
Among them are :

InfoTech products and service - which include InfoComm, cloud computing, data analytics, cyber security, design and research etc. (do you know Twitter Asia Pacific HQ is in SG?)
MedTech - which include pharmaceutical and biotechnology R&D and production, clinical research etc.
Water Industry - which include innovation and development of new water management and treatment technologies, SG is already recognised as the ‘Global Hydrohub’
Interactive and Digital Media - include video games design, animation and new forms of digital entertainment.
Aerospace - include all aviation-related services and manufacturing; SG also host the very successful annual International Airshow.

I do not see any part that suggests that using high tech to replace low tech work is low tech?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not see any part that suggests that using high tech to replace low tech work is low tech?

You'll never see.
And who said anything about replacement?
When your big boss announce that for the next few years, we'll be focusing on growth for A, B, C and D and didn't mention anything about E and F.
In time to come, A, B, C and D will all grow while E and F will remain status quo or slowly fade off.
The smart ones will ride and take advantage on the growth of A, B, C and D.
So, if you have children still in school, take note of the growing industries and enrol / nurture them accordingly for a brighter future.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Among them are :

No need to talk so much, everyone knows it is not rocket science to make bread. Jeez!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
These days they use chemical fertilizers. It's the 21st century for COL!

Manfacturing fertilisers are low tech industries :smile:. Anyway, organics is a 21st century farming.

A story I want to relate:

Many years ago, my niece came to visit my mom at the kampong in MY
Saw a hen with some chicks ... exclaimed "Mom, the birds are so beautiful"
My sis in law said "Those are chicken, my dear"
My niece replied " No, they are birds. Chicken do not have feathers. Like you told me in the supermarket"
I don't blame her. Never seen a live chicken before.

Different generations, different expectations.
Just remember to go back to fundamentals.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manfacturing fertilisers are low tech industries :smile:. Anyway, organics is a 21st century farming.

A story I want to relate:

Many years ago, my niece came to visit my mom at the kampong in MY
Saw a hen with some chicks ... exclaimed "Mom, the birds are so beautiful"
My sis in law said "Those are chicken, my dear"
My niece replied " No, they are birds. Chicken do not have feathers. Like you told me in the supermarket"
I don't blame her. Never seen a live chicken before.

Different generations, different expectations.
Just remember to go back to fundamentals.

True, but manure fertilizering is really stone age.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, but manure fertilizering is really stone age.

Manure is not what you think la. Not the sticky stuff.

What they do is to go through a process (again manufacturing equipment) where it become pellets just like what you buy from garden shops.
Oxidation, wash down, filtering, caking and lastly drying before being pelletised. And you won't even know it come from manure if no one tell you.
I buy bags of these fertilisers for my plants and trees.

By the way, totally clean farming such as hydroponics is not good for health.

Enough of bread making and manure already. Now back to property forum.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

So a surgery using manual way is low tech while a surgery using high tech equipment is also low tech?

Btw, I don't see nuclear technology in the list, so it is low tech?

Last edited: