• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those "negative" questions should be asked during politicians meetings, isn't it? Questions need to be asked at appropriate forums and directed at appropriate persons. No one would go to a Singapore Property Seminar and ask how the MRT breakdowns should be handled, right?

You are wrong.
You ask questions as a novice who have heard many things about the country in with you're going to invest in and just wanted to get some clarifications - is it true what I heard?
Things like MRT breakdown is insignificant as they are incidental issues but certain issues that may affect the economy will affect your investment.
Similarly, things like water shortage is part of infrastructure planning, poor planning will also affect the investors.
Questions like the sliding RM, how will it affect my investment can be asked too since they are talking about "investment".

Merlion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree. All these so people must have hidden agendas for constantly trying to bring down Iskandar properties.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are wrong.
You ask questions as a novice who have heard many things about the country in with you're going to invest in and just wanted to get some clarifications - is it true what I heard?
Things like MRT breakdown is insignificant as they are incidental issues but certain issues that may affect the economy will affect your investment.
Similarly, things like water shortage is part of infrastructure planning, poor planning will also affect the investors.
Questions like the sliding RM, how will it affect my investment can be asked too since they are talking about "investment".

If one wishes to be facetious about it, one can even ask how the cats and dogs that roam the roads of JB and that often become road kills affect his investment!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree. All these so people must have hidden agendas for constantly trying to bring down Iskandar properties.

Yep you are absolutely right, to protect gullible Singaporeans, I think those who are very positive are more likely to have hidden agenda, slow day at the property market in Iskandar today?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one wishes to be facetious about it, one can even ask how the cats and dogs that roam the roads of JB and that often become road kills affect his investment!

Wah, this Malaysian wannabe is becoming more and more irrational with his reasoning and talking more and more like a Malaysian.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, this Malaysian wannabe is becoming more and more irrational with his reasoning and talking more and more like a Malaysian.

Sorry hor, I am not Malaysian wannabe, I am Singaporean with pink IC who thinks you did not catch the point I was making.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry hor, I am not Malaysian wannabe, I am Singaporean with pink IC who thinks you did not catch the point I was making.

Speakers in property seminars should be professionals who knows the market, about the pros and cons in the investment and not just some talkative salesmen.
Asking serious questions that may affects your investments in short term or in longer terms is nothing facetious especially when there are so much negative news around (eg. falling RM, political uncertainty)
Do you have the real answers?
What you and I heard, good or bad things, are probably just hearsay.
Why not let these professionals provide their professional answers.
But one fact is obvious, you tends to defend you points more Malaysian than a Malaysian these days............and mostly negativities about SG and all the good stuff about MY.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speakers in property seminars should be professionals who knows the market, about the pros and cons in the investment and not just some talkative salesmen.
Asking serious questions that may affects your investments in short term or in longer terms is nothing facetious especially when there are so much negative news around (eg. falling RM, political uncertainty)
But one fact is obvious, you tends to defend you points more Malaysian than a Malaysian these days............and mostly negativities about SG and all the good stuff about MY.

The speakers you mentioned above must not be from those Iskandar property talks! I've attended a few. Till today, I still see the usual faces. Still saying HSR will be a "game changer" and that Singaporeans will eventually move over. It's like a no brainer to them as the cost of living will get too high eventually. I rather not judge and say they are cunning salesmen trying to fool the public. It's up to the audience to evaluate for themselves.

This is an Iskandar forum so there are many with vested interests. For new investors or those who want to hear the negative sides about Iskandar (not that I think it is entirely bad but I think all the good points can already be found in this forum), I think it's better to go to other more neutral forums on investing.

People like Frodo definitely will only say the good things because he lives there! Without Johor, he cannot enjoy the present perks. He will be a beggar back in SG.

There's nothing wrong to buy properties in Iskandar if you have extra cash you can afford to let go, or if you want to stay there yourself. If I need to work in Africa for long term, I may also buy a property in Africa.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
People like Frodo definitely will only say the good things because he lives there! Without Johor, he cannot enjoy the present perks. He will be a beggar back in SG.

Wow, what makes you think Frodo will be a beggar in SG? Maybe he earns more than you, or his job is more stable than yours! Property agent jobs are far from stable now. haha

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
The speakers you mentioned above must not be from those Iskandar property talks! I've attended a few. Till today, I still see the usual faces. Still saying HSR will be a "game changer" and that Singaporeans will eventually move over. It's like a no brainer to them as the cost of living will get too high eventually. I rather not judge and say they are cunning salesmen trying to fool the public. It's up to the audience to evaluate for themselves.

This is an Iskandar forum so there are many with vested interests. For new investors or those who want to hear the negative sides about Iskandar (not that I think it is entirely bad but I think all the good points can already be found in this forum), I think it's better to go to other more neutral forums on investing.

There's nothing wrong to buy properties in Iskandar if you have extra cash you can afford to let go, or if you want to stay there yourself. If I need to work in Africa for long term, I may also buy a property in Africa.

Wow you sibeh eng hor, very free attend a few these useless iskandar property talk despite having no interest in iskandar properties .
I brought 5 properties in Iskandar so far and yet to attend a single talk by these people . If Iskandar properties is really so suck like what you peached , Many people including me would have go bankrupt long ago :confused:

Last edited:

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow you sibeh eng hor, very free attend a few these useless iskandar property talk despite having no interest in iskandar properties .
I brought 5 properties in Iskandar so far and yet to attend a single talk by these people .

some pple love to bash down ppty prices n at same time scoop for bargains haha

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Negative news are everywhere. Yes, professionals should know their stuff well within their field of expertise, but surely you can't expect them to be politicians as well, to be able to tell you updates from MRT breakdowns to water supply to rat problems and how these are going to affect investments, ya? If there are ministers in the property forum, by all means shoot those questions. But otherwise, you can't really expect these speakers to give you a good answer. Even if they try to give you answers it will be buffered with a lot of caveats and if-then opinions. Lastly, there must be good things about JB that are sufficient to incentivise me and other SG families to make their home there. Are we denying the negatives about JB? Are we saying there is no rape and rob, no murders and muggers, no scoundrels and scandals? Not at all. But JB is not just that, right? And for all the good that Singapore has, the gripes I have are also largely shared by most Singaporeans. Maybe the difference is that I don't want to remain status quo....so I try to make changes where I can, even if it means moving the whole family to JB. It is a choice that works for us, and hopefully will work out for good.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will HSR be a game changer? If I am not wrong, even our SG ministers think it will be. It's no trivial decision to build an end terminal right into the heartlands of Jurong East. Surely that counts, in my view. Whether hordes of Singaporeans will move house or not remains to be seen, but it is highly probable that more people movements will take place. That things are getting more expensive, whether in SG or JB, is really a no-brainer conclusion. But relatively speaking, things in SG are for a fact mostly more expensive in SG than JB. Otherwise quite irrational to see Singaporeans joining the jams at the causeways, right? Do I ONLY say the good things about JB? Nope. But of course there is enough good that I see, which is why I moved over. Am I a beggar in Singapore? Well, if I remained at status quo, I will likely be one level above that. Peasant, not yet beggar, though that might change if costs keeps going up.:p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, what makes you think Frodo will be a beggar in SG? Maybe he earns more than you, or his job is more stable than yours! Property agent jobs are far from stable now. haha

Thanks bro for speaking up for me.:smile: Frankly speaking, I do think mpan12 is definitely more well off than me. I am not a beggar......yet...and hopefully won't be. My job is also not iron rice bowl that is unbreakable. Anything can happen. But I can't live in fear of what the worst can befall me, though I am not unfazed by the fears and uncertainties of what lies ahead. One step at a time lor...walk one step see one step. :p

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro for speaking up for me.:smile: Frankly speaking, I do think mpan12 is definitely more well off than me. I am not a beggar......yet...and hopefully won't be. My job is also not iron rice bowl that is unbreakable. Anything can happen. But I can't live in fear of what the worst can befall me, though I am not unfazed by the fears and uncertainties of what lies ahead. One step at a time lor...walk one step see one step. :p

haha, I think mpan12 talks big only lah, no money 1, and probably has an unstable job too, as a SG property agent.

But sadly, only in Asia will we have this conversation about income levels, job types.... Try telling an Aussie blue collar worker that his job sucks, and see what the response will be.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha, I think mpan12 talks big only lah, no money 1, and probably has an unstable job too, as a SG property agent.

But sadly, only in Asia will we have this conversation about income levels, job types.... Try telling an Aussie blue collar worker that his job sucks, and see what the response will be.

Tua Kee high flier , stay in 5* hotel salary man sibeh free to go to property talks. No work ah?
Veli fishy...salted fish smell.

Last edited:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

What you are telling, is already known facts. You need to know, investment is not work on past or current happening fact, it is based on future expectation. If you come out a few years earlier to warn ppl when they are hot headed, the impact will be greater. Now already downturn, you should tell ppl exercise caution to get into the market, into the right segment, not get away; few years back tell them get away, you will be right but no one will listening to you. Actually few years back I do expect the situation will be much more worse....but the whole situation now it seem quite resilient. Im not good at timing...but if you are looking for condo, 2017 to early 2018 (ok nothing to support my claim, just my experience.... ok la, my gut feeling) may have some bargain to look for. A lot of supply will come, testing the secondary market, if the price not dropping by much, then it is really hard to expect it will drop even more...not when big positive news like HSR or RTS coming into play, and those ghost town condo singaporean owner might have with some holding power. What you seem to be telling ppl is that, property is one big item, bad, avoid totally, iskandar, 10 years ahead no hope.
Ok la, true or false section, let see where we differ?
If HSR, RTS been built,
1.do you see it as game changer?
2. do you think there will be more singaporean move... now lower my figure, 5% of overall singapore population (including retiree, elderly) will either move here to stay or at least come bi weekly.
3. more people from malaysia coming to iskandar?
4. more foreigners including those ah tiong coming to iskandar?

5. If let say, just 30min you can use public transport come to greater singapore...oppss..is iskandar, do you think others will think it is worthwhile to buy a bigger space but price appreciation ability is questionable ppty to use as holiday home, for the sake of lower cost of living and in future might be a insurance plan to at least lease their HDB and stay in iskandar when they are old?
6. If 30 min is the time length to cross the strait, medini RM 800psf is reasonable by 2018 standard, cheap by 2020 standard (the act of on going building HSR will already impact the price, so the price movement will happen before infracstructure are ready). Now RM800psf in this sort of ghost town is really unworthy.

My ans to above 6 are all yes. You can tell me how wrong am I using all your current available information, but only time will prove who will be on the right side.

In short, Im very against herd mentality. This year and next is the downturn year, do not follow the herd, avoiding iskandar. Exactly it is ppl avoiding it, you can find bargain. If price no drop, no bargain, then it means the whole ppty will not drop, let alone collapse, adjust your expectation accordingly. Is buyer market, be patient to shop around.

Actually aussie blue collar jobs earns great! White collar job is sucks, a lot of professional job facing stiff competition, salary either every year drop or not grow strong enough to outpace inflation. PR list they are going to remove doctor (including gynae), dentists etc from the list, professional galang guni, plumber, carpenter are welcomed.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
PARAGON RESIDENCES

Anyone heard of this condo in JB completed not long ago? Supposed to be popular and have nice view from above and all that.

Apparently, there is a problem with one of the lifts there and it is within their defects rectification period. But the developer insists it is not their "shortcoming". Instead, they recommended owners to use their management funds to repair the lift! See the letter below.

I also learned that there is water leakage in many areas within the condo still not rectified.

Wow... liddat also can ah???!!

Paragon%20Residences%20lift%20letter_zpsn0xvmnza.jpg