• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
When one is misled by herd mentality, it's hard to turn back or think rationally. Tendency is to rush in altogether.

The world did not see any major financial crisis between 2013 to 2016. Yet how come in 2013, buyers were like rats running all over wanting to eat the food in the kitchen, but in 2014 onwards, most of them are nowhere to be found? The food is still there.

The reason is that only when reality strikes hard and the facts are laid out explicitly, do people suddenly realize they have all been running in the wrong direction.

Someone said here, if you need to depend on rental to invest in property, then you are not fit to be an investor. I think there's only half truth to this statement.

Getting rental from your property investment is a form of risk hedging. At least should things go wrong, like you bought at the wrong time, or you can't sell your property next time, you have that extra cash to tide you over.

Of course some people may say they don't like to rent out their properties because of possible damage and all sorts of trouble from tenants. They just keep and later, sell it off at profit. This is much easier to do years ago. In today's climate, depending on capital appreciation or flipping for good profits is very hard. So that's why depending on rental is a good way to get income rather than leave your property empty most of the time. It's not so much that one cannot afford it if there is no rental.

If you can't get rental, the market is soft, outlook is bleak, there is oversupply for many years, the property you bought is generally at a high price, then what's the point of buying the property in the first place? (Other than if you wish to stay there yourself.)

If investing in property is so easy, people should just snap up Iskandar properties. Or properties in other countries that are still affordable by foreigners' standard. Just keep them, wait 15-20 years later, sure can sell at profit. Is it so simple? No one is doing that.

Some have consoled by saying in the worst case, use it as holiday home or stay there yourself. But that's really like saying you are a cook trying to sell your food. If you don't get many customers, never mind, you can cook and eat the food yourself. Then what's the point of setting up the food stall business in the first place?

One can argue, I got money. I got holding power. Well, then there's nothing much to discuss. Like I said before, if you have the money, you can do almost anything you like. You can buy a $10k Rolex watch. Tomorrow you don't like it, you can throw it into the bin and buy another one. No one can say you are wrong.

Yup, many empty talk, simple question to you, at what price level, without rental income, you will think the price is right to get in? Or simply you think no rental income, give u free also dont want?? I knew there is one type of investment way using discounted cash flow method, under this type of method, many shares that do not even generate dividend will means no value at all....but in reality, there is still intrinsic value attach to the physical asset of the company.

Your rental as hedging is really sound quite nice, come on, medini is not in the desert, rent it rm500 per month, i guarantee got ppl want to rent from you. But do u want it? Rm500 as hedge each month...u want? It seem like you had linked oversupplied to no demand at all....really?

Im still standstill on my suggestion, disregard rental, buy it cheap enough to the point not much to loss, and hopefully sentiment change and able to gain on capital appreciation and forex difference.

Yes, you are going to questioning me whether my suggestion sounded? Like few years ago, nothing to suppport my view and the new launch price is still going up, make me sound im very wrong. This time, still no, i have nothing to back my claim, but do say me wrong when the time comes. Maybe by the time come, you are wrong...and wrong badly.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
BINGO!
Someone just said earlier : "thousands of newly-completed units were expected to come on stream simultaneously in 2017 and 2018, causing a further strain on the market."
Rental is all about demand, the greater the demand the higher the rental goes, no two ways about it.
But when supply is overwhelming the market and worse, with some desperate owners lowering rental with that as-least-better-than-nothing mentality, rental will just go further south.

The only way to reverse this trend is to have new tenants fast and its tens of thousands of them to fill the empty condos.
The Iskandar marketing people had been making so much promises about new PIPC, CBD, RTS, HSR, multiple Theme Parks, factories, universities, hospitals etc. that will bring in hundred of thousands of people.
The developers believed and gone on a frenzy to build tens of thousands of new homes.
The investors believed and went crazy buying up some tens of thousands of new homes anticipating the arrival of hundreds of thousands of would be tenants.
Fast forward to today.

Now some experts are saying a different story.
They are now saying that : "thousands of newly-completed units were expected to come on stream simultaneously in 2017 and 2018, causing a further strain on the market."
So, who is responsible for the current situation, who is to be blamed and who is able to reverse the situation?
The Developers?
The Investors?
Or the Iskandar marketing people?

The authority or simply the government. They keep on bragging there are multibillion of investment coming in while their multibillion commitment only say say and no action. But is good, bcoz they are still not delivering, we got this opportunity to see this pessimistic downturn.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The authority or simply the government. They keep on bragging there are multibillion of investment coming in while their multibillion commitment only say say and no action. But is good, bcoz they are still not delivering, we got this opportunity to see this pessimistic downturn.

That's what I was saying all along. You can say how good or whatever developments coming on board, as long as no masses you can build all you want and it would still be ghost town plus the RM1 million limit and upcoming VEP which makes things even worse...... Ha ha ha ha how stupid can one get?

Malaysia boleh everything except immigration, how to grow?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rotikok:

Yup, many empty talk, simple question to you, at what price level, without rental income, you will think the price is right to get in? Or simply you think no rental income, give u free also dont want?? I knew there is one type of investment way using discounted cash flow method, under this type of method, many shares that do not even generate dividend will means no value at all....but in reality, there is still intrinsic value attach to the physical asset of the company.

At what price level, whether it is appropriate to buy, what to buy, etc are all part of property investment processes. I won't bother to put them down here. It will be too many words. And I don't think I am here to give free lessons. Neither am I an expert. No matter what I say or whoever says, there will surely be people who disagree. But I know enough, have learnt from many good people in the past few years, and confident on what I should spend on. You can read on Internet or go learn from someone you feel comfortable with.

Your rental as hedging is really sound quite nice, come on, medini is not in the desert, rent it rm500 per month, i guarantee got ppl want to rent from you. But do u want it? Rm500 as hedge each month...u want? It seem like you had linked oversupplied to no demand at all....really?

You don't sound convinced. Then feel free to reject my view. I was only describing why I think rental returns form an important part of property investment. If that is not the case, then tell all the hundreds of thousands in the world why bother renting out your property? Just buy, keep, and hope to sell at profit next time.

Precisely. At RM500 a month, will owner want to be a stupid servant? So is this a good investment? No. People have said many times rental returns in Johor is pathetic. Those who bought at much cheaper price in the past are probably ok. But if you bought at RM750psf and above, hoping to rent out or if cannot rent out, like you say, just keep and hope to make money through capital appreciation, go calculate yourself if you are safe in your investment.

I didn't say oversupply means no demand. Where did that come from?? But oversupply AND no demand is a formula for disaster. Medini is like that.

Im still standstill on my suggestion, disregard rental, buy it cheap enough to the point not much to loss, and hopefully sentiment change and able to gain on capital appreciation and forex difference.

I didn't say this is a wrong strategy. You can refuse to depend on rental income provided you got it CHEAP. That's the condition. Or if the property you paid for forms only a small % of your wealth. My previous argument is based on those who have bought their properties in recent times, which is not cheap. How cheap is cheap? Actually cheap is not a good word to use. It's how attractive it is to the market.

Yes, you are going to questioning me whether my suggestion sounded? Like few years ago, nothing to suppport my view and the new launch price is still going up, make me sound im very wrong. This time, still no, i have nothing to back my claim, but do say me wrong when the time comes. Maybe by the time come, you are wrong...and wrong badly.

Yes, and I give it back to you too. Maybe by that time, you may also be wrong. And wrong like crazy.

At the end of the day, right or wrong, you decide for yourself. It's your money. Do you want to pay $300k for a Mercedes when you can pay $100k for a Toyota? You decide.

I never believe anyone has the right to say "I'm right, you are wrong". It's very tiring to argue back and forth. So take what you feel is agreeable, reject what you think doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
See la, you people talk until no developer dare to build anymore, so all become green and open space

http://www.thestar.com.my/metro/com...e-between-development-and-ensuring-a-conduci/

Build so many also so few buyers move in to live inside. All waiting to rent out or re-sell but few or nobody wants.

Build and build high-rise apartments wait no people want to buy how? Developers also now restricted in how much they can loan from bank.

So might as well use part of the billions of RM still remaining to develop some greenery lor.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rotikok:

At what price level, whether it is appropriate to buy, what to buy, etc are all part of property investment processes. I won't bother to put them down here. It will be too many words. And I don't think I am here to give free lessons. Neither am I an expert. No matter what I say or whoever says, there will surely be people who disagree. But I know enough, have learnt from many good people in the past few years, and confident on what I should spend on. You can read on Internet or go learn from someone you feel comfortable with.

You don't sound convinced. Then feel free to reject my view. I was only describing why I think rental returns form an important part of property investment. If that is not the case, then tell all the hundreds of thousands in the world why bother renting out your property? Just buy, keep, and hope to sell at profit next time.

Precisely. At RM500 a month, will owner want to be a stupid servant? So is this a good investment? No. People have said many times rental returns in Johor is pathetic. Those who bought at much cheaper price in the past are probably ok. But if you bought at RM750psf and above, hoping to rent out or if cannot rent out, like you say, just keep and hope to make money through capital appreciation, go calculate yourself if you are safe in your investment.

I didn't say oversupply means no demand. Where did that come from?? But oversupply AND no demand is a formula for disaster. Medini is like that.

I didn't say this is a wrong strategy. You can refuse to depend on rental income provided you got it CHEAP. That's the condition. Or if the property you paid for forms only a small % of your wealth. My previous argument is based on those who have bought their properties in recent times, which is not cheap. How cheap is cheap? Actually cheap is not a good word to use. It's how attractive it is to the market.

Yes, and I give it back to you too. Maybe by that time, you may also be wrong. And wrong like crazy.

At the end of the day, right or wrong, you decide for yourself. It's your money. Do you want to pay $300k for a Mercedes when you can pay $100k for a Toyota? You decide.

I never believe anyone has the right to say "I'm right, you are wrong". It's very tiring to argue back and forth. So take what you feel is agreeable, reject what you think doesn't make sense.

Oh well, I can see where our difference coming from, you were talking about those victims that already kena...while im focusing on future potential lubangs people still can get in. My point is simple la, to those investors with bullet, take it or leave it. In essence, do not deter by no rental yield, bad demand, the property itself has its value. But you have to endure the worst (therefore not suitable for those who incapable) before good things come.

Your advise is to those not so capable while mine is to those preying for better deal and with money lying around, difference audience, different thing we were talking, no conflict, no quarrel, happy ending.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW... :smile: and Huat!!

Apple to Move London Headquarters to Battersea Power Station

Jack Sidders JackSidders
September 28, 2016 — 8:19 PM SGT

Apple Inc. is leasing about 500,000 square feet (46,451 square meters) of office space at Battersea Power Station on the south bank of London’s River Thames.

The consumer electronics and software giant will move 1,400 employees to the development in 2021, according to a statement Wednesday from the project’s developer. The lease accounts for about 40 percent of the office space within the development, which is backed by Sime Darby Bhd, SP Setia Bhd Group and the Employees Provident Fund. The power station gained worldwide renown after being used as the iconic cover illustration for the band Pink Floyd’s platinum 1977 album “Animals.” It was depicted on the cover with a pig floating between two of its four chimneys.

The Apple deal for the power station development is a “sign that London is open to the biggest brands in the world and the leading city for trade and investment,” Mayor Sadiq Khan said in the statement.

Since the financial crisis, companies including Facebook Inc., Apple and Amazon.com Inc. have expanded in London while banks have retrenched. Technology and media companies accounted for about 31 million square feet of total office space in London last year -- near the 48.5 million square feet held by financial-sector tenants, according to realtor Colliers International Group Inc.

“It’s a great opportunity to have our entire team working and collaborating in one location while supporting the renovation of a neighborhood rich with history,” Apple said in an e-mail.

Brokers Knight Frank LLP and CBRE Group Inc. advised the landlord.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google is moving 2,500 staff into a new London office with a running track
SAM SHEAD TECH JUN. 20, 2016, 6:08 PM

6 Pancras Square.

Google’s new London office is ready to house several hundred of the company’s staff.
Around 800 engineers are moving into the building at 6 Pancras Square in King’s Cross on Monday, with another 2,000 staff expected to move in over the course of the year. Only five floors of the building are finished but Google expects all 11 to be complete by October.

The staff at 6 Pancras Square will work on some of Google’s best-known products, including Android, the company’s mobile operating system, and YouTube.

They’ll be given free food, access to a 90m running track, massages, and cookery classes from a chef that used to work with Jamie Oliver. Business Insider was given a tour of the office last week by Google real estate executive Andrew Martin and Allford Hall Monaghan Morris (AHMM) architect Steve Smith. Unfortunately, we weren’t allowed to take photos but Google has sent over a limited selection that we can show you.

The 11-storey office has been leased by Google from BNP Paribas Real Estate, as the search giant stalls on a new £1 billion UK headquarters that it said it would build on a plot of land less than 200 metres away. Google said in 2013 that the new UK HQ would be ready by 2016 but the initial plans were scrapped for being “too boring” and the company is yet to start building.

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hear something from the richest man in China, food for thoughts.

China property tycoon warns on real estate bubble

BEIJING - China's richest man, real estate magnate Wang Jianlin, has warned the country's property market is the "biggest bubble in history" - the latest alarm bell to be sounded on the world's second largest economy.
Wang, the owner of real estate and entertainment conglomerate Wanda, said property prices continue to rise in the country's big cities but fall in smaller ones saddled with huge inventories of unsold new homes.
"I don't see a good solution to this problem," Wang, whose group owns more than 200 malls, shopping complexes and luxury hotels across China, told CNN in comments published on its website.
"The government has come up with all sorts of measures -- limiting purchase or credit -- but none have worked."
Urbanisation and property development have fuelled China's economy, the world's second largest and a vital driver of global growth.
China's long property boom, driven by credit and government spending, made fortunes for many owners as new districts mushroomed across the country.
But growth has hit the doldrums in the last two years, with new buyers priced out despite government borrowing restrictions reining in soaring costs.
Many more peripheral cities have become "ghost towns" full of empty and unsold residential property, even while in the larger metropolises property prices skyrocket.
Tiny apartments with no running water or toilets located in Beijing's good school districts sometimes sell for prices comparable to properties in Mediterranean tax haven Monaco.

- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/china-property-tycoon-warns-real-estate-bubble#sthash.Ci7xoHfJ.dpuf

Hopefully, scene like this don't happen to Forest City later when sales reached a feverish level.

[video=youtube;3CPCtlxOgUY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CPCtlxOgUY&nohtml5=False[/video]

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hear something from the richest man in China, food for thoughts.

China property tycoon warns on real estate bubble

BEIJING - China's richest man, real estate magnate Wang Jianlin, has warned the country's property market is the "biggest bubble in history" - the latest alarm bell to be sounded on the world's second largest economy.
Wang, the owner of real estate and entertainment conglomerate Wanda, said property prices continue to rise in the country's big cities but fall in smaller ones saddled with huge inventories of unsold new homes.
"I don't see a good solution to this problem," Wang, whose group owns more than 200 malls, shopping complexes and luxury hotels across China, told CNN in comments published on its website.
"The government has come up with all sorts of measures -- limiting purchase or credit -- but none have worked."
Urbanisation and property development have fuelled China's economy, the world's second largest and a vital driver of global growth.
China's long property boom, driven by credit and government spending, made fortunes for many owners as new districts mushroomed across the country.
But growth has hit the doldrums in the last two years, with new buyers priced out despite government borrowing restrictions reining in soaring costs.
Many more peripheral cities have become "ghost towns" full of empty and unsold residential property, even while in the larger metropolises property prices skyrocket.
Tiny apartments with no running water or toilets located in Beijing's good school districts sometimes sell for prices comparable to properties in Mediterranean tax haven Monaco.

- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/china-property-tycoon-warns-real-estate-bubble#sthash.Ci7xoHfJ.dpuf

Hopefully, scene like this don't happen to Forest City later when sales reached a feverish level.

[video=youtube;3CPCtlxOgUY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CPCtlxOgUY&nohtml5=False[/video]
Depend on how you define bubble. Myself, if average ordinary people income far exceed their ability to buy a house, can consider bubble liao. China in my mind is huge bubble. But bubble, throughtout history, no always end up bursting. Ppl thought that it will always in the end burst...because those burst bubble make thing memorable.

China problem is actually very complex. This time the bull rush was partly aid by ordinary people knew government ultimate intention. From land policy you actually can see liao the supply side still firmly in PRC gov grips. Lazy to explain too much la, will be too long, watch this video explain more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKRY8QdGTf4
老梁 梁宏达 前42分钟谈房价 提问里有《北京折叠》折射现实生活

Those ghost town, in the end PRC gov will force peasant to live there...by force.

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good thing the SG govt steps in before property market here becomes a bubble. But now it is still overheated. Don't think the cooling measures will be removed. It could become a norm for the greedy SG govt to collect taxes also.

I just heard a friend say his friend's condo rental has dropped almost by 1/2 at the city fringe area.

Those who bought SG condos post 2012 and are waiting for rental once their properties are completed will be in for a rough ride for quite many years.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Massive One World Medini project to be launched by Singapore boutique developer , Link (THM) Group.
MEGA residential and commercial project , with gross development value of RM2.5 billion.
Total 7 blocks: 4 towers of service apartments/ residences and 3 office blocks
1.1 million sq ft of retail. THM is already an established retail player.
Construction will begin once they secure a suitable contractor before end 2016.
Launching strata office unit in the next 3 months , size ranging from 530-630 sq ft.

This is the piece of empty land between Pinewood and Puteri Harbour. It looked like Sunway Iskandar will have a big competitor.

1WorldMedini.jpg

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Massive One World Medini project to be launched by Singapore boutique developer , Link (THM) Group.
MEGA residential and commercial project , with gross development value of RM2.5 billion.
Total 7 blocks: 4 towers of service apartments/ residences and 3 office blocks
1.1 million sq ft of retail. THM is already an established retail player.
Construction will begin once they secure a suitable contractor before end 2016.
Launching strata office unit in the next 3 months , size ranging from 530-630 sq ft.

This is the piece of empty land between Pinewood and Puteri Harbour. It looked like Sunway Iskandar will have a big competitor.

View attachment 28644

How come those PG never advise the stupid sinkie developer not to come to doom ghost town ? Stop this one , can save thousands of stupid sinkies from being con later .:biggrin:

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come those PG never advise the stupid sinkie developer not to come to doom ghost town ? Stop this one , can save thousands of stupid sinkies from being con later .:biggrin:

Big time S$ investing in Malaysia...who is more stupid? I think better not come and kena conned, watch from sides and comment will do.
Let others die first. Then come later and buy those fire sales. Huat!! Clever, right?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big time S$ investing in Malaysia...who is more stupid? I think better not come and kena conned, watch from sides and comment will do.
Let others die first. Then come later and buy those fire sales. Huat!! Clever, right?

Sunway wont have competition for sure. Its to complement. I went to Sunway over last weekend and I am damn damn impressed by what I see. Words cant describe, all you guys should just drop by. Its another Puteri Harbour in the making

So far only Sunway and PH impresses me the most whenever I drop by for rides and visits