• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Early retirement in JB

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great information for so many alternative and more affordable education paths. I do not really think a Singaporean kid would lose out if he or she has entire education oversea when foreigners with not an iota of singapore education could get cushy jobs in singapore .

Aiyo , Singapore is one country many system lah ! We have the most expensive driving license , where FTs from third world countries can just pop over to get their license converted for fifty bucks ! Then we have some stupid business license that restricted all trades while the foreigners come in and trade without license one !
If Joseph Schooling were to school in Singapore under the best system , you think he can get the Olympics gold ? Mostly likely will be doing his NS in SAF swimming club clean the swimming pool for free while foreigner get paid hundreds of thousand training how to swim .

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The comments are very informative and correct too. I know of a lady who studied in KL local school until 18 and goes to the States for University.
While in U.S. do the practical with a U.S. firm and when return to KL was offered a job and continue with this Company in KL.
After working three years, was head-hunted by a Singapore GLC and last year, came over to work with a starting salary of S$7K at the age of 25.
she just got her PR approved after working in Singapore for 1 year and 2 months.

Yes that's why I got my daughter to be Oz citizen and now study in Oz, less stress, If she can find job in Oz then fine, if cannot, she can return as a FT, poor Singapore, the average citizen cannot enjoy the fruits, only those with some means can live in Singapore. Now applying for my son to be Oz PR.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what we plan to do for our kids. Take private As. The Singapore-Cambridge standard is too difficult and in my opinion not necessary. The international one is globally recognised and easier.

Can you share more about how to take private As?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
But what is the most affordable way to prepare for private As?

I suggest you may want to check out the various tuition or academic centres near your neighbourhood which may offer some kind of prep course and help to register for the exams.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
But what is the most affordable way to prepare for private As?

You may like to check with your other church members if any of them taking similar educational paths for kids. My church going friends in KL told me some church members have groups doing same thing, sort of forming their own educational paths for their children, sharing information and resources when possible. This way also provides some form of school or group environment for kids.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for all your help....

May I know what is the fastest way to get across the causeway to Sg to work? Thinking of selling my Sg car and buying a JB car and commuting across either by carpool or bus or even walk across if that is faster...(will help me exercise and lose weight...:smile: