• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Early retirement in JB

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow congrats.... Yah, if you can do so now, you should. Singapore is too stressful... work and work.

My personal opinion is you should sell your SG terrace while you can, since you've already had it planned out. If you have read numerous reports, there is also oversupply of properties in Singapore for many years. Prices will continue to drop along the way. But just my advice. I may be wrong.

If you foresee going back to SG now and then, you definitely need a car to be parked in SG right? So you'll have 2 cars, one in SG, one in Johor.

I didn't know you can rent a Johor 4 bedroom condo, 2000 sq ft for only RM1600?!! That's dirt cheap! Do you mind sharing roughly which area this is? Thanks.

Over supply in Singapore but not for landed, keep as heirloom is my advice, unless in real dire straits.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the best !

Thx....just informed my bosses of my decision to stop work on 3 days...looks like it is really happening this time!

Looking for carpool passengers...room for 6...wonder how high I can charge...if like Grabhitch rates is about S$20 per day, can pay for my car mortgage!

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thx....just informed my bosses of my decision to stop work on 3 days...looks like it is really happening this time!

Looking for carpool passengers...room for 6...wonder how high I can charge...if like Grabhitch rates is about S$20 per day, can pay for my car mortgage!

Best wishes! Hope you and family find fulfilling social life there.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best wishes! Hope you and family find fulfilling social life there.

Thanks....only have a cousin and uncle staying there but hope to find a church there and be more involved in church work....trying to encourage hubby to do business there since costs of failure lower than Sg and it has always been his dream....Hope by moving there, we can both fulfil our dreams...

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks....only have a cousin and uncle staying there but hope to find a church there and be more involved in church work....trying to encourage hubby to do business there since costs of failure lower than Sg and it has always been his dream....Hope by moving there, we can both fulfil our dreams...

Great that you have a spiritual anchor already. Strong point about churches is that it is a ready community where one could blend in quite easily and find spiritual refuge.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

From reading ur recent posts, so you're finally making the retirement move to JB? You mentioned condo viewing - didn't you already have a place purchased some time ago?
I'm still waiting for that 'right' time to 'let go' and take the plunge of quitting my job and making the move. Like you, I also plan to spend time at my nearest Catholic parish doing volunteer work outreaching to the nearby needy families.
All the best in your new phase of life!

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
From reading ur recent posts, so you're finally making the retirement move to JB? You mentioned condo viewing - didn't you already have a place purchased some time ago?
I'm still waiting for that 'right' time to 'let go' and take the plunge of quitting my job and making the move. Like you, I also plan to spend time at my nearest Catholic parish doing volunteer work outreaching to the nearby needy families.
All the best in your new phase of life!

My place currently rented out till April next year so need to rent a condo...

Thanks for your well wishes!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow congrats.... Yah, if you can do so now, you should. Singapore is too stressful... work and work.

My personal opinion is you should sell your SG terrace while you can, since you've already had it planned out. If you have read numerous reports, there is also oversupply of properties in Singapore for many years. Prices will continue to drop along the way. But just my advice. I may be wrong.

If you foresee going back to SG now and then, you definitely need a car to be parked in SG right? So you'll have 2 cars, one in SG, one in Johor.

I didn't know you can rent a Johor 4 bedroom condo, 2000 sq ft for only RM1600?!! That's dirt cheap! Do you mind sharing roughly which area this is? Thanks.

If your SG terrace can fetch a good price and you make good profits, perhaps can consider selling it and then buying a 2 bedroom condo which you can rent out in SG. In this way, still have a "footprint" in SG.:smile:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your SG terrace can fetch a good price and you make good profits, perhaps can consider selling it and then buying a 2 bedroom condo which you can rent out in SG. In this way, still have a "footprint" in SG.:smile:

Only a strata titled "footprint" with her landed is literally a true "footprint".....

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a strata titled "footprint" with her landed is literally a true "footprint".....

True...but since there was initially an intent to sell and cash out, maybe can still have extra cash from sale after getting a good buy condo. Extra cash to buy car in JB.:biggrin:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
True...but since there was initially an intent to sell and cash out, maybe can still have extra cash from sale after getting a good buy condo. Extra cash to buy car in JB.:biggrin:

Freehold landed can appreciate better than condo...so likely will not sell...

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freehold landed can appreciate better than condo...so likely will not sell...

Sure! I had thought that earlier you wanted to cash out the landed property. But so long as you do not need to sell it off, don't. Can rent it out and get income. Then maybe later sell if price is right.:biggrin:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure! I had thought that earlier you wanted to cash out the landed property. But so long as you do not need to sell it off, don't. Can rent it out and get income. Then maybe later sell if price is right.:biggrin:

Decided against the move because of the jams and concern over security....

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
International schools in Johor are increasingly offering accredited IB programme at affordable fees of about rm24k per year. Some parents already spending more than this amount on tuition in sg.