• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Young sinkie couple pok gai after $110k "dream" wedding

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
better stockup for the bangkok shutdown from 11 Jan onwards... hahaha....i am too...:biggrin:

Motherfucking bastards these are not real Thais, real Thais never destroy their own country. Jeebye Suthep should be hung by his balls for treason. But then its no use I am sure he also don't want to be in this position as a puppet of a greater power behind him.

No need to stock up la, that time I should be in Jakarta or Singapore.

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Motherfucking bastards these are not real Thais, real Thais never destroy their own country. Jeebye Suthep should be hung by his balls for treason. But then its no use I am sure he also don't want to be in this position as a puppet of a greater power behind him.

No need to stock up la, that time I should be in Jakarta or Singapore.
K Suthep is following His Majesty's instructions :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If no live band, no entertainment and only cater food, I think $500 is more than enough.

agree. cut down on the noise and booze. just serve nasi lemak and bandung, or laksa and "economical" rice with "no-hands" prepacked yeo's sugar cane drink. very cost effective. :p

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree. cut down on the noise and booze. just serve nasi lemak and bandung, or laksa and "economical" rice with "no-hands" prepacked yeo's sugar cane drink. very cost effective. :p

Nabei, go for potluck wedding lunch... sure save alot. Song song gao jurong...!!! :eek::p:biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
na bey ... just cater from Baey yum keng's nasi padang guy lah... $2.50 per head eat until shiok shiok

nasi18e.jpg

$2.50 can eat until your mouth crooked one side ah!

baey18e.jpg

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serve the food on self-service trays. After eating, the guests must wash the trays. Cannot go home if the trays are still dirty. :biggrin:

3121.gif

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Insurance agent who doesn't know how to calculate present and future value of money, PMT... etc should have his licence be revoke.

A few thoughts came to my mind upon reading this:

1) I pity their clients who bought policies on their recommendation. Both are agents and can't even plan for themselves sensibly considering they are financial planners.

2) it's common to see agents living way beyond their means by buying top end cars costing 250k and above with salary of below 12k a month. Some even bought with 10% down and get high loan. Don't forget they have no cpf, so housing must be paid by cash, they have to spend on appointments over meals, car park, erp, corp gift for clients . I know some who project themselves very well but they behave quite cheaply in front of their kaki..act blur when paying etc

I Pity them though , just hope no youngster are following their footstep.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
YOLO - Another Young StewPig Couple!

$100,000 wedding was 'complete waste of money'

by Maureen Koh

27154.jpg

SINGAPORE - It was money that she "could not really afford" for a wedding.

When Madam Melissa Ong, 30, was preparing for her wedding in June 2011, she wanted to "remember it for a lifetime".

Madam Ong, a sales executive, recounts how she ended up borrowing from credit facilities, her parents and her brother.

Her husband, who declined to be interviewed, had also borrowed from a loanshark with her knowledge.

She says sheepishly: "It was really my fault, he just wanted to please me."

Madam Ong spent nearly $100,000 on her wedding, which she now acknowledges was "a complete waste of money".

She pauses for several seconds, then says: "You know, with that kind of money, you'd have thought we held our wedding banquet at a posh hotel like St Regis.

"But it was just a regular hotel in the Orchard area."

Madam Ong, who was earning about $3,000 a month then, admits that she wasn't being practical about her financial situation.

"I just wanted to show off (in front of my friends) and I didn't think of the consequences," she says.

The wedding banquet cost $1,388++ per table, and they hosted 36 tables.

On top of that, they paid almost $4,000 for a three-piece a cappella ensemble to perform during the dinner. "I didn't want to have boring piped-in music, and I quite liked the performance I saw at another friend's wedding," says Madam Ong.

She went the distance with wedding photos too, and had them taken in Paris, a package that cost her $15,000 - including air fare and accommodation.

Madam Ong breaks out in loud guffaws for several seconds, then adds: "Except for the main photo that now hangs in our bedroom, the two albums are now collecting dust somewhere in our storeroom.

"That's $15,000 down the drain for you."

The rest of the money went into videography and miscellaneous items like alcoholic beverages and personalised door gifts, and services like renting four cars with chauffeurs to transport the wedding entourage.

She went to Japan for her honeymoon and that was another $10,000.

Madam Ong says: "When I was getting desperate and approached my parents for a loan, I still remember them telling me to 'wear a hat that fits me'.

"When I look back at what has happened, I wish I had listened to them."

Her husband, 28, was also stressed by the wedding preparations.

"He kept telling me, 'I don't have that kind of money', but I assured him I would take care of everything," she says.

"I think I didn't pay attention to his pride, and it's a good thing we are still married."

Which is why she does not blame him for borrowing $5,000 from a loan shark. The money has since been repaid.

She says: "He saw that I was taking on the responsibility for so many things, and told me, 'I'll get the wedding rings.'"

Madam Ong's advice to young couples: Work out your sums wisely.

She is still servicing a loan and paying off the credit card charges for another bank.

She says: "I now tell people that my wedding has become a nightmare to remember."

What sales exec and hubby splurged on...

Paris shoot

$15,000

Wedding dinner

$60,000

Wedding band

$4,000

Cars, gifts, booze

$10,000

Japan honeymoon

$10,000

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: YOLO - Another Young StewPig Couple!

Dumb & the Dumber........... Earn 3K and spend 100K for wedding..... What a stupid cunt.