• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best motor insurance???

lan_lan69

Alfrescian
Loyal
any recommendations for best comprehensive motor insurance for 1 year old car? does 'comprehensive' means insurance company will pay for damages and lost of life in event of accident if you are found to be liable by court? Premium not necessary be the lowest. so far, i got quotations around $700 with excess $500 n exclude repairs at distributor's workshop. :smile:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
how old are you? My insurance for this year is $1800
Depends on many thing , example ; driver's age , NCD , vehicle capacity also types of coverage .

Types of coverage : 3rd party only , 3rd party fire and theft and comprehensive !

Comprehensive means : You can claim your own insurance company if you accidentally knock on your own vehicle yourself.

3rd Party only : It the basic , once you involve in an accident and you are in the wrong. Your insurance company will do all the compensating for you to the other party. If your vehicle got BURNT , GOT STOLEN , you want to claim your own insurance because of your carelessness ! Sorry , u cant claim anything !

3 party fire and theft .......... Hope you can understand what i say ! If you got kenn accident on your own , you cant claim your own insurance.

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
my motor insurance around 1k per year...using China insurance....so far they are the cheapest in town comparing all the same terms and conditions....

AIG always very expensive...dun know why

NTUC soso la

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
usually quote by brokers , cos brokers can get in touch with many insurers. Depends on how much the brokers want to earn from you.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
my motor insurance around 1k per year...using China insurance....so far they are the cheapest in town comparing all the same terms and conditions....

AIG always very expensive...dun know why

NTUC soso la

bro, whats the contact for china insurance. really got so cheap ar?

redname

Alfrescian
Loyal
i got frens doing motor insurance for OAC and liberty. can pm me if u guys want quotation, i get them to contact u

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vehicle insurance they calculate in point.
1. Age(younger more expensive above 30 not much different)
2. Driving experince(just get licience will be expensive above 5 not much different)
3. Vehicle type(saloon/sport/convertible/soft top)
4. Capacity horse power/cc
5. NCB(is the bonus or discount)
The about are the main point and there are many minor or small point.
There is an option that can reduce insurance by increase you own access of damage by increase the amount. But not many people know.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vehicle insurance they calculate in point.
1. Age(younger more expensive above 30 not much different)
2. Driving experince(just get licience will be expensive above 5 not much different)
3. Vehicle type(saloon/sport/convertible/soft top)
4. Capacity horse power/cc
5. NCB(is the bonus or discount)
The about are the main point and there are many minor or small point.
There is an option that can reduce insurance by increase you own access of damage by increase the amount. But not many people know.

u seem quite knowledgable. any idea which insurer is the cheapest?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same type of vehicle can have price vary with different insurance. Some type is higher and some they maybe lower. So before renews insurance ask for the quatotion 1st.
For new/1st time vehicle owner 1st years car salesman do it in package so many may not know and after 1st yeras they just renew when letter come. So after 1st years, shop around ask for the quatation before expired.
Those agents is getting 10% profit from your insurance so don't be paiseh to ask them. You are thiers customer and have right to know.