• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why You Are Paying High Prices For Your Glasses

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From Ray-Ban to Oakley, the spectacle frame market is dominated by one company Luxoticca who owns 80% of the world's market.:mad:

Shocking is it not?:eek:

In future I will not buy any brand owned by Luxoticca. Here is the link that shows the number of famous brands they manufacture and sells.

http://www.luxottica.com/en/brands

This video is an eye-opener and it is obvious anyone viewing this will be disgusted.

Let the world not get fucked by one business entity.:(

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From Ray-Ban to Oakley, the spectacle frame market is dominated by one company Luxoticca who owns 80% of the world's market.:mad:
Shocking is it not?:eek:
In future I will not buy any brand owned by Luxoticca. Let the world not get fucked by one business entity.:(
View the world in rose tinted glasses? :p Goodness, more than lions share. For you, the night market 1 will do?

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
View the world in rose tinted glasses? :p Goodness, more than lions share. For you, the night market 1 will do?

Bro in the video read the comments and brands not made by Luxoticca are listed there. Night market stuff perhaps one can find a treasure but that is pretty rare.:smile:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Titanium is an expensive metal, so if your spectacle frame is made of it, expect to pay more.

Also, you'll be paying more for the more 'famous' brands... how else are they going to recoup the money spent on marketing? :wink:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Luxoticca is rich in cash flow. They acquire Brand names which have great potential for business growth.
Not like our "Temah The Sick" who does the opposite.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not pay high price. Not for glasses, not for anything.

My glasses frame cost S$15.00. I buy them 4 or 5 at a time.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunglasses, Prescription glasses, med glass and many more are own by Italian Mafia!!

Ray Ban and Oakley were at the mercy of this Italian Mafia, their balls got squeezed,

no choice Ray Ban and Oakley American company sold the company to the Italian Mafia!!

Similarly LV is another Italian Mafia that own all the Big Brand name Panerai, now Heng Long Crocodile tannery!!