• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Little India riot: PAP plays the race card

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Little India is in Moulmein-Kallang GRC, whose MPs are Edwin Tong, Denise Phua, Yacoob Ibrahim and Lui Tuck Yew. Except for Lui Tuck Yew, have not seen the other MPs showing their presence in Little India.

Instead, the PAP mobilised all the ah neh ministers and politicians like K Shanmugam and Nominated MP R. Dhinakaran, and unionists M. Ramasamy and G. Muthukumar.

On the one hand PAP asked Sinkies not to turn the riot into a racial issue, on the other hand PAP does not use the Moulmein-Kallang GRC MPs (who are the genuine representatives of that area), but use ah nehs.

So you say leh: who is playing the race card?

30204186e.jpg

[h=1]Little India Riot: Law Minister rejects allegations in foreign media reports[/h][h=2][/h]
By Priscilla Goy

Law Minister K. Shanmugam on Thursday fended off allegations in foreign media reports that claimed Sunday's riot in Little India happened because foreign workers here were not satisfied with their work conditions.
"I'm not saying you can't say it, but I think I'd like to see some evidence to back up a fairly substantive statement," he said. "It's a classic case of first deciding on what a sexy outline is and then writing a story without regard to the facts."
Mr Shanmugam, who is also Foreign Minister, was speaking to reporters before a dialogue with a group of foreign workers at Simpang Lodge 1 dormitory in Yishun. Joining him in the visit were Nominated MP R. Dhinakaran, and unionists M. Ramasamy and G. Muthukumar.
Turning to the Government's decision to ban the consumption and sale of alcohol in Little India this weekend, he said: "We want to go the extra mile to make sure that everything is completely locked down and safe. Primarily, because... of the possibility of copycat acts. So you take no chances. So you do much more than is necessary and if you're a resident in the area, you'll welcome it, and if you're outside, you'll understand why, because this is really to protect the area, to protect the residents, so people will understand, I think."