• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It's the men's fault that I am single

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Came across an article in one of asiaone forum as below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8percentpa
Hi All,

I have gathered 3 stats to show the state of things at the national level

In 2005, 6,520 male Singaporeans/PRs married foreign brides, up from 4,425 in 2003. This is 25% of all marriages in Singapore.

The same stats for females: 1,596 local women married foreign men, up from 1,134 in 1996. 7% of all marriages.

The takeaway here is that Singapore is getting global. 1 in 3 kids will have a foreign parent. But the no. of males marrying foreign brides is frightening. Of course, thanks to 30+ agencies bringing in SE.Asia wives. Females do not have this facility, nonetheless 1,000+ still manage to find non-Sg hubbies.

The 2nd stats:
Marriage rate 2002 2007
Males per 1,000 unmarried SG males 47.6 43.8
Females per 1,000 unmarried SG females 47.9 42.6

In 2002, the marriage rate was roughly the same and has since declined but the drop for females was much more drastic.

The 3rd stats:
Median age of marriage 2002 2007
Males 28.9 29.8
Females 26.3 27.2

The rate of increase of median age for females is also higher here.

The 3 stats here show that Sg women are increasingly unwanted, partly due to marriage agencies bringing in foreign brides. However my guess is that even if we take out this factor, Sg women are still being left on the shelf. (Maybe it's a good idea to start agencies to look for Ang Mos for Sg women )

My advice to Sg women: Don't be too choosy, too stubborn, too materialistic and think that all Sg men are just not up to mark. Nothing beats a blissful marriage with family, kids, even if it's in a 3 room HDB. A single life full all spas and massages does not fill your soul. The other option of marrying a romantic ang-moh, sadly the stats are against you. Only 7%.

My advice to Sg men: Strive to be more romantic, be more ambitious, get that 5 figure paycheck, provide for your family, meet at least 50% of your wive's unreasonable demand and you should be ok. Don't go for the Vietnamese wife who cannot name 1 English soccer team.

The good news article of foreign brides.
http://www.asianpacificpost.com/port...gapore.do.html

u do not understand women.

we dont just marry for the sake of marrying.

just like miss singapore Teo Ser Lee now mid 40s still single.

miss singapore cannot find a hubby??? very simple ....just like miss Teo, me also still single cos we cannot find a suitable singapore man that lives up to our expectation!
good men are very quickly snatched away, the left overs can forget it.

if i want, i rather go for married men.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
good men are very quickly snatched away, the left overs can forget it.

if i want, i rather go for married men.

that's an excuse for not trying.

dun commit adultery....SIN leads to DEATH.

so many newspaper reports already still didn't wake up her ideas?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly this country will not be recognisable. No culture, no national identity, no national dress, no singlish and no hope for nationhood.

Those that can make it will will seek greener pastures. A new life, new hope and a chance to be part of a national identity of another land.

Foreigners who hold PR and Citrizenship in Singapore will build their retirement homes in land rich China, India, Philippines, Malaysia , UK, OZ, Europe and retire in a less crowded and cheaper cities.

The PAP will begin a trend of releasing less details, less information on migration, income and assets of superscale civil servants and politicians, their kins that have migrated or have dual citizenships in other countries.

Good luck folks.

maxtor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Came across an article in one of asiaone forum as below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8percentpa

My advice to Sg women: Don't be too choosy, too stubborn, too materialistic and think that all Sg men are just not up to mark. Nothing beats a blissful marriage with family, kids, even if it's in a 3 room HDB. A single life full all spas and massages does not fill your soul. The other option of marrying a romantic ang-moh, sadly the stats are against you. Only 7%.

This sounds so much like our PAP government. We must manage our expectations.

Sayn

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a gem, thanks for the posting this eye opener.
I am very impressed by this sentence.

"My advice to Sg men: Strive to be more romantic, be more ambitious, get that 5 figure paycheck, provide for your family, meet at least 50% of your wive's unreasonable demand and you should be ok. Don't go for the Vietnamese wife who cannot name 1 English soccer team."

Desirables.
More Romantic
More Ambitious
5 Figure Paycheck
Meet 50% of wive's unreasonable demands.

In a nutshell, part of the reasons that singapore male looks for a foreign wife.

80% of all wage earners in Singapore earn less than $4,500 a month.
4% of all wage earners in Singapre earn more than $10,001.

According to http://www.salary.sg/2007/benchmark-your-pay-by-age-group/

:smile:
Sayn

sufferwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a gem, thanks for the posting this eye opener.
I am very impressed by this sentence.

"My advice to Sg men: Strive to be more romantic, be more ambitious, get that 5 figure paycheck, provide for your family, meet at least 50% of your wive's unreasonable demand and you should be ok. Don't go for the Vietnamese wife who cannot name 1 English soccer team."

Desirables.
More Romantic
More Ambitious
5 Figure Paycheck
Meet 50% of wive's unreasonable demands.

In a nutshell, part of the reasons that singapore male looks for a foreign wife.

80% of all wage earners in Singapore earn less than $4,500 a month.
4% of all wage earners in Singapre earn more than $10,001.

According to http://www.salary.sg/2007/benchmark-your-pay-by-age-group/

:smile:
Sayn

exactly. do s'pore men demand as much from s'pore women?

Cactaur

Alfrescian
Loyal
The difference is the Vietnam wife can learn the soccer team names, the Sg woman cannot unlearn a lifetime of bad habits and unreasonable demands.

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is men marrying downward and women marrying upward. So we have two categories, lesser mortal men who earn less have less option to marry a girl and the able and elite mortal women have less option to find able men.
So the lesser mortal men have to look for foreign brides. Where else the elite mortal women, if they are lucky they can find foreign husbands. Which mean every year we have many women left one the shelves.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Women are like LV.

Extremely expensive with ordinary look.
For display only but not for everyday usage.

:o :biggrin: :o

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
coem to think of it what's my demand for girls

1)simple and neat looking good enough. no need supermodel figure or looks.
2)knows how to cook simple meals
3)knows what can goes into the washing machine and what cannot

looking around me, most of the girls fail no 2 and 3.
seems like i have to go for a vietnamese wife

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
coem to think of it what's my demand for girls

1)simple and neat looking good enough. no need supermodel figure or looks.
2)knows how to cook simple meals
3)knows what can goes into the washing machine and what cannot

looking around me, most of the girls fail no 2 and 3.
seems like i have to go for a vietnamese wife

Are you sure you found girls who even cleared the 1st one? Some girls look like they never bathe nowadays, or perhaps it's just my students. :smile::smile::smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah, I found a wife who actually bothers about keeping the family home and my kids neat and tidy, with no maids.

She loves cooking, pouring over cookbooks to replicate every SG delicacy with a large percentage of success.

And amongst all this, she still finds time to look good and socialize with people from all walks of life.

Or maybe I was just lucky to grab the last of the Perfect Singapore Woman.

:biggrin::biggrin:

Actually, you grab the first of the Perfect Singapore Woman. Don't know of any other out there. :p:p:p

Buy her the Mrs Lee Cook(ing)book. It's very good to achieve short cuts to good local cooking. Does she already have it?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
most smart singaporean men have decided to marry sweet PRC women

hopefully this woman can find an angmoh to keep her happy

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
most smart singaporean men have decided to marry sweet PRC women

hopefully this woman can find an angmoh to keep her happy

This is because woman like u so picky mah.
Give it a try with singapore men lah, surely you'll find more happiness.

Angmo no good, singapore guys still lumber one. If you married to singapore guy, definitely u can get shitizenship very fast.

Then can start to apply taxi vocational licence. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tom Yams are much much better........ and many are soccer fans too :biggrin:

Vietnam as in Vietcong, not as in 'Tigerr' as in Tom Yams...but Singapore women can recite & remember how many zeroes that are in your bank account:biggrin:, few will bother to know the names of any football team, all they will know is currently propagandas...like the names of actor/actress of the "Little Nonyas"..or "881"..and the other thing, the zeroes in your bank account....:biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly this country will not be recognisable. No culture, no national identity, no national dress, no singlish and no hope for nationhood.

Those that can make it will will seek greener pastures. A new life, new hope and a chance to be part of a national identity of another land.

Good luck folks.

:confused: this type of lancheow talk is acceptable if it comes from thai loser tonychat gayboy pimp..

but from u?? your standards have dropped..:(