• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My heroine Melissa Bachman, screw the losers who attack you online

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Melissa Bachman is my heroine. She go around the world for legal hunts. She have to pay a lot of money for the legal hunts. So it will be outrageous for them to ban her after taken her money.

I salute you Melissa Bachman, screw those losers online who attack you. It is not illegal so they should back off.

article-2508209-19713B0100000578-793_634x553.jpg

article-2508209-19713B1200000578-953_634x472.jpg

article-2508209-19713B0E00000578-113_634x342.jpg

article-2508209-19713B0800000578-458_634x420.jpg

article-2508209-19713B2700000578-613_634x420.jpg

article-2508209-19713B2200000578-516_634x393.jpg

article-2508209-19713B1A00000578-739_634x450.jpg

article-2508209-19713B1600000578-951_634x438.jpg

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
article-2508209-1971A39900000578-398_634x923.jpg

TV presenter Melissa Bachman raised ire when she posted a photo of a mature male lion she allegedly shot and killed on Twitter and Facebook.

Within hours of the post, an online petition by Cape Town resident Elan Burman asking the South African government to ban Bachman from ever returning to the country was launched.

'An incredible say hunting in South Africa!' she tweeted. 'Stalked inside 60 yards on the this beautiful male lion... what a hunt!'

The post provoked a furious response from many Twitter users, who called her 'disgusting' and 'vile.'

At the time of writing, Burman's petition had 5,435 signatures.

'She is an absolute contradiction to the culture of conservation this country prides itself on,' wrote Burman.

Signatory Richard Robinson wrote, 'You didn't kill a lion, you stood behind a machine and pulled a little trigger, you pathetic, sad excuse of a human.'

The African lion is considered a vulnerable species. Numbers are rapidly declining due to loss of habitat and conflict with humans.

However, hunting lions is legal in several countries, including South Africa where Bachman bagged her big male.

Bachman's social media pages and website reveal an array of huge beasts that have died after coming in contact with her. The 'Trophy Room' section of her website features a grinning Bachman with dead deer, antelope, alligators, turkeys and hogs.

This latest furor is not the first time Bachman has run afoul of anti-hunting groups.

Last year, she was slated to appear on the National Geographic Channel's Ultimate Survivor Alaska but was dropped after a Change.org petition that called Bachman a 'contracted trophy killer' was signed more than 13,000 times in less than 24 hours.

Minnesota-based Bachman, whose blog includes posts such as 'Why every girl should try bowhunting' and 'Stupid hunting regulations I just can't stand,' is the host of a television series called Winchester Deadly Passion.

In each episode, she travels to a locale and hunts its native animals with a variety of weapons including her beloved bow and arrow.

Lourens Mostert, a manager at the Maroi conservancy where Bachman shot the lion said the hunt was legal.

'If it isn't right to hunt these lions, why does out government legally give us permission?' he told the Daily Telegraph.

'This is not the only lion that has been hunted in South Africa this year.'

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hunting animals for sport with a rifle is just wrong.

I am of the view that if you want to hunt for fun, only spears, knives or bow and arrows should be allowed. You wouldn't allow a boxing match where the odds are too unfair, would you?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I love wildlife very much.
I love the thought that wildlife will live the life as in the past in the places that they lived.

Sadly that is only a fiction. No places existed like they did in the past in their primordial state.

Far more wildlife are lost because land has been taken from them and the habitat that they used to have is no more present.
Legal hunters do far more and contribute far more to wildlife than tree huggers. They actually pay via license money to buy up and protect the habitats.
Living wild is a function of life and death. Certain numbers will die yearly. If a male pass his breeding prime and still remain on top, will prevent other good males from passing on the genes.
Such males can be taken out, and the money go on to preserve the rest of his kind.

I am not for outright slaughter. True hunters love their environment and want that to be passed on to next generation.
Sustained legal hunting might be the only real way left to protect wild life.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love the thought that wildlife will live the life as in the past in the places that they lived.

Sadly that is only a fiction. No places existed like they did in the past in their primordial state.

Far more wildlife are lost because land has been taken from them and the habitat that they used to have is no more present.
Legal hunters do far more and contribute far more to wildlife than tree huggers. They actually pay via license money to buy up and protect the habitats.
Living wild is a function of life and death. Certain numbers will die yearly. If a male pass his breeding prime and still remain on top, will prevent other good males from passing on the genes.
Such males can be taken out, and the money go on to preserve the rest of his kind.

I am not for outright slaughter. True hunters love their environment and want that to be passed on to next generation.

Imagine if humans take the place of the animals and some other more intelligent life form takes the place of humans. Hope you are still happy to be human then.

It is ok to kill some of them for fun as long as we pay to spare the lives of most of them? Doesn't that idea sound similar to the Hunger Games?

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I am of the view that if you want to hunt for fun, only spears, knives or bow and arrows should be allowed. You wouldn't allow a boxing match where the odds are too unfair, would you?

She will be the lion dinner instead..

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No, it is not wrong. Human being hunting games before they invent the bullshit call religion. That is a long time. We should keep hunting these dangerous animal.
Too bad, i am not willing to pay ten of thousands to shoot these games. The license is very expensive.

http://www.africanskyhunting.co.za/pricelist.html

look here. The price of a lion cost 22k us dollars. I am not going to pay that. Crazy.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

so basically you agree with her hunting, just say so lah. why beat around the bush.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so basically you agree with her hunting, just say so lah. why beat around the bush.

I thought what I wrote was very short and simple. Sorry if you disagree as is your right to disagree.

I agree with legal sustained hunting, which is likely to be different from your view.

I hunted ducks legally in season. Even ducks license cost more than can be imagined. You cannot even get to shoot the duck then. You must take part in lottery as well that you pay for with no certain chance of being drawn. But that is worthwhile to buy the wetlands for them. Not just for them but other wildlife that needed that.

And no certainty of coming back home with that duck either at the end of the day.

I do have the thought of big game as well but I have not done that yet.

Imagine if humans take the place of the animals and some other more intelligent life form takes the place of humans. Hope you are still happy to be human then.

It is ok to kill some of them for fun as long as we pay to spare the lives of most of them? Doesn't that idea sound similar to the Hunger Games?

I do not know about Hunger Games as I never watched that show.

I think you have not handled composite bows before and known of their power and deadliness.

Next you be saying use atlatl.

One thing though, hunters (legal hunters) love the environment and wildlife with a passion greater than any run of the mill tree huggers.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you want to put it that way, she also might not be able to shoot an lion if she is unlucky. like you unable to get a duck.
she also bought license from south africa. costing a lot of money. the money goes to the gov to conserve the wildlife to provide sustainable wild life.

I think i can support such good cause.

But i am not going to pay 20k for a lion head, i rather spend on my computer, ps4, xbox one and 4k monitor instead.

I thought what I wrote was very short and simple. Sorry if you disagree as is your right to disagree.

I agree with legal sustained hunting, which is likely to be different from your view.

I hunted ducks legally in season. Even ducks license cost more than can be imagined. You cannot even get to shoot the duck then. You must take part in lottery as well that you pay for with no certain chance of being drawn. But that is worthwhile to buy the wetlands for them. Not just for them but other wildlife that needed that.

And no certainty of coming back home with that duck either at the end of the day.

I do have the thought of big game as well but I have not done that yet.

I do not know about Hunger Games as I never watched that show.

I think you have not handled composite bows before and known of their power and deadliness.

Next you be saying use atlatl.

One thing though, hunters (legal hunters) love the environment and wildlife with a passion greater than any run of the mill tree huggers.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

forgot about the hunger games comment, i saw the movie, please name a scene where anyone goes hungry? anyone goes thirsty? It should be call the shaky cams movie not the hunger games.

hunger games 2 catching fire is coming soon, tell me if you can find any holloywood actress starving in that movie. i doubt it.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.africanskyhunting.co.za/pricelist.html
you told us that you thought of big game. may i know which animal species are you willing to pay and hunt down? For wildlife conservation of course. In sustainable wild life park.

I will go for a lion. A lion is by no means endangered and enough of them. Conservation cost money, and that 30++k to me is worth it for a lifetime dream. I need not even want a trophy lion.
And in honesty, I am not sure if I can pull the trigger at the moment of truth. It will not matter even if I do not get my money back.

I do not think I can go for leopard. Too few of them left as it is.

I am surprised to see caracals to be among the game to be hunted.

I like caracal or serval, alive , and in my house. I am still travelling about too much on business to do that now.

I am life member of a few well known conservation bodies by the way.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will go for a lion. A lion is by no means endangered and enough of them. Conservation cost money, and that 30++k to me is worth it for a lifetime dream. I need not even want a trophy lion.
And in honesty, I am not sure if I can pull the trigger at the moment of truth. It will not matter even if I do not get my money back.

I do not think I can go for leopard. Too few of them left as it is.

I am surprised to see caracals to be among the game to be hunted.

I like caracal or serval, alive , and in my house. I am still travelling about too much on business to do that now.

I am life member of a few well known conservation bodies by the way.

Oh! lion like the symbol of singapore. Big game is not in my things to do before i die. i guess it must be thrilling, waiting, spotting, stalking the prey and finally a slight pull of trigger. Human being hunting since the beginning of our species. Those scumbag who contempt Melissa for hunting, dun know what they are missing. Even if it is not my hobby, i can imagine the thrill. Caracals with dogs? Does that means you bring the dog and you release the dog, the dog kill it and you take it as game and you do not shoot.

Last edited: