• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Economic News

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Purely from own stay perspective, if you are a small family like only husband and wife, and in retirement age, my opinion is to go for condo. Main reasons are it's a lot more easier to maintain, and with your old age and low immune system, better to reduce the exposure to mosquitoes. Now got dengue and zika, dunno in a few years what else will be there. Do you want to end up switching on air con for the whole day to avoid mosquitoes? This is not a joke, a few of my landed friends are doing this in sg, sgd 600 per month for electricity.
Electricity is up to individual, better would be buying a high voltage standalone mosquitor killers? My aircon on but my blood so sweet mosquitor still bite me >.<

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahh... How come you have changed your opinion? Thought you've always supported renting a property in Johor?

My opinions are below. But seems like I must clarify every time that these are strictly how I feel. Agree or not is not my problem to argue with anyone. Learn to respect. If anyone is angry, just walk away. Don't be an idiot by pushing your personal opinions on me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the jams at the causeway, we don't know the real reason unless we stand there and ask everyone why they are entering Johor. Otherwise, it's too easy to make assumptions SG is getting expensive so people are going there.

Seriously, total up the amount you can save by going over to Johor to shop and eat vis-a-viz your salary. How much do you save? Consider that you spend say 30 mins driving from your home to the causeway, 3-4 hours jam both ways, then maybe another 40 mins or so driving within JB, pay tolls, and face fatique from driving.

If you save S$100 (RM300 sounds good huh?) in this one trip, is it worth it? For me, it's not because I can earn more for the time and sweat I have to sacrifice on a weekend. But Singaporeans are known to spend their time uselessly waiting in queues to get some ridiculous Hello Kitty dolls, watching K dramas, sms-ing rubbish on the phones, playing Pokemon Go, or eat their favourite foods.

So those cars on the road could be just recreational families who don't mind waiting hours just to eat their favorite food, rather than desperate people trying to save money. In fact, I would think if the cost of living in SG is too much for them, why do they still own a car? That should be something they would be thinking of dumping.

Slowly and surely, Singaporeans will move over to Johor. But I think the number will remain insignificant compared to the resident population in SG. 5 years is too short a time for that to happen. Maybe 20-30 years later? But then again, that's too long a time frame and no one is right or wrong to predict anything.

If you look at prices of HDB flats back in the '80s, buyers could easily buy them from about S$30k to S$80k. If you could travel back in time, and tell people back then that in a few decades' time, smaller flats would typically cost $500k to a million$, they would say you are crazy and that no one can survive at that kind of prices. But look at today. Yes, people complain and complain, but isn't everyone still buying and owning their flats at those prices?

SG is still very much sustainable in the next 5 to 10 years. I don't know beyond that. I believe it should be. It's just that people have to manage their expectations. The perks of staying in a safe, strong, convenient country are too attractive to sacrifice moving to a foreign place like Johor. Now, this opinion is not just from me but from the many people I have been talking to since 2014 -- my friends, relatives, colleagues, retirees, strangers I meet at talks, Singaporeans, Chinese/Indian nationals, Malaysians, PRs, etc. So far, believe or not, ALL told me the same thing.

Bottom line is, no point comparing. There will always be more beautiful homes than yours. There will always be many a lot richer than us. Wealth and properties are things we can't take when we leave this world. Important thing is to be happy.

I also don't see how VEP will be a big game-changer. I see a contradiction in that statement actually. Now that you see many Singapore cars are going to JB and causing a jam at the causeway, you conclude this is due to the high cost of living. Then when VEP is implemented, and fewer cars go in to JB, does it mean the cost of living in SG has dropped? No it hasn't. So what do we conclude?

Move over to Johor if it's for personal reasons. Will many general Singaporeans go over because cost of living is rising in SG? I don't think so. Not in the next 5-10 years. The Singapore "spirit" of calling this country "home" is still very strong among not just Singaporeans but PRs and even foreigners!

No need most, 10% sg household moving will already big impact. But it will not be happening until improve connectivity. My maximum tolerant time length to cross the strait is just 30min. I believe if that happen, what you said now will be wrong. No one know what would be happen for the next 10 yrs, but ppty investment involve risk n opportunity that are unknown no matter how hard you trying to reason now. If you want to be sure you are on the safe side, you will be paying the safe side price...definitely much higher now.

As for security, safety, convenient etc, sentiment would change over time, not as good as sg but not as bad as US. Iskandar is still growing at speed, thing still hard to judge, not confident to malaysia at least show some confidence to sultan. Say me desperately hoping it to be good, all i know is, when it is really that good, it would not be cheap like now.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are Singaporeans still going to JB despite the jams? In my view it is simply "Because it's so near and so cheap!" And for those with own cars, crossing the Causeway opens up a "whole new world" of exploratory adventure all the way up to Penang, and even forays into Thailand for the braver souls. Anyway, in my view, Johor itself is already a big playground.:biggrin: Whether Singapore is getting more and more expensive or not, the fact remains that JB is relatively cheaper on most things. And it is also the "feel" of JB, or as Brother Tekkun says, the charm of JB that has its allures.

As for people moving over to JB to stay, I agree with you that this would always be insignificant when you use the whole residential population of Singapore as denominator. Many people are contented to remain living in Singapore, even if there is discomfort or complaints about higher costs of living. But when connectivity improves, I am sure more Singaporeans will move over. Not most, but more. Do they hate Singapore? Hate is such a strong word to use, and I don't think it is warranted. People who hate Singapore will probably give up their citizenship, why still hold on to the pink IC, right? Rather, it would be people who prefer the cheaper things in life, or opt for a more lower cost of living. it's a lifestyle choice, not a hate decision.

Yes, people are still buying HDB flats today, just as our parents did in the 80s. But they do it by taking up full loans at maximum tenure. My father paid up our 3 rm HDB flat many years ago, and he regretted not buying a 4 rm flat because he was afraid he could not service the loan. And we are talking about around $20K then? Now we talking even bigger numbers!:eek:

Your job gives you the good things in life to enjoy, good for you. You should enjoy it as much as you can for as long as you can. :smile:

So near and cheap? Haha... Nope. I'm not going to Johor for those reasons. And my colleagues/friends and I are not frequent travelers there also. We go on a need-to-go basis. We have nothing against Johor. Neither do we take our cars and drive in cos it's so "near and cheap". Near but with jam? Cheap... how cheap? At the cost of time?

"Open a whole new world" or "playground" are just colorful descriptions. Singaporeans going into Johor is just one snapshot of lifestyle possibilities. I have 2 colleagues who go traveling to Australia and Japan every year with their families without fail. They love the countries so much. Some others go to famous Korea 2-3 times a year. There are many more brilliant ways to enjoy life. Not just driving in to Johor on the weekend.

I disagree with you that people who hate Singapore will necessarily have migrated. Some still stay here. Hating the country or government doesn't mean you have to, or can leave the place. It is not up to you to judge whether "hate" is a strong word or not. I just cite this as an example.

As for the HDB flat eg, I was trying to show that people are still buying. Life goes on. Happiness comes from inside. You enjoy Johor, people enjoy Europe. You enjoy living in a 2,500 sq ft Johor house, others still find love within the family living in a 1,000 sq ft HDB flat. You as a Singaporean send your kids to study in a school in Johor, Singaporean/Malaysian parents find great pride their kids are studying in Singapore schools. There's no right or wrong.

Haha... I don't know what you mean by "my job gives me good things in life to enjoy... so I should enjoy it for as long as I can". Lame! :smile: It's like me saying, since you enjoy your Johor house, you should enjoy staying in it for as long as it exists.

But just for the record, yup, my job is stable, it pays me well, I don't have to worry the cost of living here in SG is too high and so I need to move over to Johor. :smile: But I'm not arrogant about it. Johor is good in its own right. But SG has many strengths too.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need most, 10% sg household moving will already big impact. But it will not be happening until improve connectivity. My maximum tolerant time length to cross the strait is just 30min. I believe if that happen, what you said now will be wrong. No one know what would be happen for the next 10 yrs, but ppty investment involve risk n opportunity that are unknown no matter how hard you trying to reason now. If you want to be sure you are on the safe side, you will be paying the safe side price...definitely much higher now.

As for security, safety, convenient etc, sentiment would change over time, not as good as sg but not as bad as US. Iskandar is still growing at speed, thing still hard to judge, not confident to malaysia at least show some confidence to sultan. Say me desperately hoping it to be good, all i know is, when it is really that good, it would not be cheap like now.

Your words are full of speculation. Just "10% will be a huge impact". Where did you get that from? Why not say 20% or 30%?

Your tolerance is 30 mins. Did you check what the tolerance level of other drivers are?

You BELIEVE when that happens, I will be WRONG. Who asked you to judge me? Is it already happening that there are signs traffic is improving or will improve?

The question is not whether I will be right or wrong. I'm not interested in people praising me because I am right, or trashing me because I will be wrong. A smart or careful investor should be asking what is the probability, and what are the risks one is facing.

Sure, no one knows what will happen in the next 10 years. That's why I always say know your risks. I've been repeating this till I am so tired. There are no right or wrong answers. If you have $10,000 now and you are willing to take the risk to buy 4D, hoping that you can strike the First Prize, sure, go ahead. No one can say you are 100% wrong. You may strike it big! Or you can lose the $10,000. That's the risk you are taking.

Analysts and banks with no vested interest are saying to avoid investing in Iskandar obviously because they have the facts, figures and news to prove. It's up to individuals to weigh the pros and cons, and understand the risks they are taking if they choose to plunge their money there. The problem is, many Singaporeans rushed in without even considering these. They bought because of herd mentality. They choose to believe whatever the cunning agents tell them. They just hope -- "Ya ya, I know the negative news, but property prices always go up." Is it true? A kindergarten kid also knows how to say that!

For every high risk taker in investment who made it big, there are probably 10x similar people who got badly burnt. Just like we read all the nice stories of entrepreneurs successful in setting up their businesses. But the newspapers will hardly report 10 other stories of those who became bankrupt or failed miserably.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
So near and cheap? Haha... Nope. I'm not going to Johor for those reasons. And my colleagues/friends and I are not frequent travelers there also. We go on a need-to-go basis. We have nothing against Johor. Neither do we take our cars and drive in cos it's so "near and cheap". Near but with jam? Cheap... how cheap? At the cost of time?

"Open a whole new world" or "playground" are just colorful descriptions. Singaporeans going into Johor is just one snapshot of lifestyle possibilities. I have 2 colleagues who go traveling to Australia and Japan every year with their families without fail. They love the countries so much. Some others go to famous Korea 2-3 times a year. There are many more brilliant ways to enjoy life. Not just driving in to Johor on the weekend.

I disagree with you that people who hate Singapore will necessarily have migrated. Some still stay here. Hating the country or government doesn't mean you have to, or can leave the place. It is not up to you to judge whether "hate" is a strong word or not. I just cite this as an example.

As for the HDB flat eg, I was trying to show that people are still buying. Life goes on. Happiness comes from inside. You enjoy Johor, people enjoy Europe. You enjoy living in a 2,500 sq ft Johor house, others still find love within the family living in a 1,000 sq ft HDB flat. You as a Singaporean send your kids to study in a school in Johor, Singaporean/Malaysian parents find great pride their kids are studying in Singapore schools. There's no right or wrong.

Haha... I don't know what you mean by "my job gives me good things in life to enjoy... so I should enjoy it for as long as I can". Lame! :smile: It's like me saying, since you enjoy your Johor house, you should enjoy staying in it for as long as it exists.

But just for the record, yup, my job is stable, it pays me well, I don't have to worry the cost of living here in SG is too high and so I need to move over to Johor. :smile: But I'm not arrogant about it. Johor is good in its own right. But SG has many strengths too.

Actually I dont quite get it. Why do you keep talking about yourself? Frodo's point is that there will be a certain %, albeit small, maybe 5% of Singaporeans, who will move over to JB when connectivity has improved. I think there's certainly no doubt that this will happen, if and when ("big if" I know) connectivity improves. Not only that, there will be a huge internal migration to JB from other states as well, to live in JB and work in SG. This is already happening thanks to the 3x exchange rate.

You say that your job pays you well and give you a comfortable living standard, but is it good enough to let you stay in a 10,000 sq ft bungalow the size of Horizon Hills? Now, you may say that you dont fancy staying in a bungalow, but the point is that there will be scores of people who do fancy it, including my ex Singaporean classmate who works as a doctor in SG btw. Surely his job pays him well too? Why the need to move to Horizon Hills bungalow then?

For the record, I think my job pays me a fairly decent wage too (maybe not as high as your S$20k salary), but I have still bought a landed in JB, with an aim to "monetizing" my SG HDB and condo when I grow old. There will always be people who think differently from you. That's what makes the world interesting.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I dont quite get it. Why do you keep talking about yourself? Frodo's point is that there will be a certain %, albeit small, maybe 5% of Singaporeans, who will move over to JB when connectivity has improved. I think there's certainly no doubt that this will happen, if and when ("big if" I know) connectivity improves. Not only that, there will be a huge internal migration to JB from other states as well, to live in JB and work in SG. This is already happening thanks to the 3x exchange rate.

You say that your job pays you well and give you a comfortable living standard, but is it good enough to let you stay in a 10,000 sq ft bungalow the size of Horizon Hills? Now, you may say that you dont fancy staying in a bungalow, but the point is that there will be scores of people who do fancy it, including my ex Singaporean classmate who works as a doctor in SG btw. Surely his job pays him well too? Why the need to move to Horizon Hills bungalow then?

For the record, I think my job pays me a fairly decent wage too (maybe not as high as your S$20k salary), but I have still bought a landed in JB, with an aim to "monetizing" my SG HDB and condo when I grow old. There will always be people who think differently from you. That's what makes the world interesting.

Your words don't make sense. I never talk about myself. If you know me, that's not what I like to do. Read all the previous posts to know where I am coming from.

You want to move to a 100,000,000 sq ft house in Horizon Hills, go ahead! What's stopping you? What has my job got to do with it?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your words don't make sense. I never talk about myself. If you know me, that's not what I like to do. Read all the previous posts to know where I am coming from.

You want to move to a 100,000,000 sq ft house in Horizon Hills, go ahead! What's stopping you? What has my job got to do with it?

Err.......not talking about yourself?

"But just for the record, yup, my job is stable, it pays me well, I don't have to worry the cost of living here in SG is too high and so I need to move over to Johor. But I'm not arrogant about it. Johor is good in its own right. But SG has many strengths too."

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err.......not talking about yourself?

"But just for the record, yup, my job is stable, it pays me well, I don't have to worry the cost of living here in SG is too high and so I need to move over to Johor. But I'm not arrogant about it. Johor is good in its own right. But SG has many strengths too."

Good for you that you have a good paying job and have nothing to worry about cost of living in Singapore. Singapore is really a good place to live if you have a good paying job. :smile:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Barclays Plc is cutting about 100 jobs from its information technology operation in Singapore as part of moves to reduce costs, according to people with knowledge of the matter.
Some of the Singapore positions will move to India, said the people, who asked not to be identified as the information is not public. In a statement, Barclays confirmed it is in the process of cutting jobs in Singapore, but declined to say the number of people affected.Like many banks, Barclays is seeking to reduce expenditure to bolster returns on equity at a time when tougher global regulation is boosting costs. Earlier this year, the London-based bank shut its cash equities operations across Asia as part of a reduction of 1,200 positions globally.

“We have now identified a number of additional roles that carry out global activity in Singapore which can be relocated,” Barclays said in the statement Monday on the technology job cuts. “Regrettably, this will mean that roles will fall away in Singapore, and so we are working closely with the colleagues impacted to ensure they are supported throughout the process.”
The latest reduction follows an earlier round of IT cutbacks in May, when some global technology roles in Singapore were moved to the bank’s other technology hubs, including the one in India, London-based Barclays said in the statement.
Morgan Stanley is also shifting back-office jobs to India. The New York-based bank plans to move about about two-thirds of its 75 operations team jobs from Shanghai to the South Asian nation, a person with knowledge of the matter said in May.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-cutting-about-100-singapore-technology-jobs

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe cheap and near is not your reason to go JB frequently, but when you and your friends do go there occasionally, question is why? Causeway jams are negotiable to some extent. Don't want to face the jams? Take leave and go during off peak hours. Or time your travels during the wee hours of the morning. Since you are not frequent traveller into JB, doing these things once in a while should not be a big issue. But Singaporeans are largely a pampered lot, everything must be instant. convenient, comfortable. Hey, don't get me wrong, I am just as pampered and would want to be pampered anytime. Who doesn't want convenience and comfort and instant gratification? But life does not always work like that.

Just mere colourful descriptions? I beg to differ! There is truth behind those words I use. Is Australia and Japan nicer than JB? Probably so! But do you or your friends go there every weekend, or just yearly? Why not weekly or monthly? Too far and too expensive, right?:rolleyes: Of course there are more atas ways to enjoy life, each to their own. Rich people will go globetrotting on a jet...the more peasantry folks will head for Woodlands checkpoint lor...there are vacation gems to be found in Malaysia, without needing to cost a limb.:wink: Why is it not up to me to judge if "hate" is a strong word to use? Then up to who to judge? My view is that people who choose to live in JB do not hate SG. Sure there are things we don't like about SG, which I am sure you have your fair share too. But hate? I still don't think that's the correct label. Yes, happiness cannot be measured by the size of the house you live in. But speaking of my own family experience, we are more happy than before. That's what I can vouch for. I can't guarantee that any family that moves to JB will live happily ever after, that's something they have to discover for themselves. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said that you enjoy the good things you can in your job. My job does not give me travel perks or 5 star hotel stays. But if they ever do, I will enjoy it as much as I can lor. Not everyone has such a good work perks, that's what I mean.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kakakakakaka....so funni.
Salary people boasting he stay in 5* hotel. Sibeh sia suay. Say lah he pay on his own then only can hao lian lor.
Can run how far? LOL

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's forget about properties. This is something for a change.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SINGAPORE - Dinner took a stomach-churning turn for Mr Quek Yong Pheng, 38, on Monday (Sept 5) evening, when he and his group of friends found a dead rat in their soup.

However, Mr Raymond Tan, 53, the owner of Sin Yew Huat Eating House in Jalan Besar, said the coffeeshop premises are kept clean, and has denied that there are rats there.

Mr Quek, who runs his own auto shop, told The Straits Times that each of the eight diners ordered a bowl of soup at the popular Kong Kee Mutton Soup in Jalan Besar.

One of his friends was very full, and fished out what was thought to be a piece of mutton, to put in another friend’s bowl. "It (the rodent) was right on top and we saw that it was a rat," he said, adding: "My friend went to the road side and started to vomit."

The owner came over, apologised and gave them a refund on their dinner, which amounted to around $42

Mr Quek said that she told the group the rodent might have fallen from the rafters into the pot of soup in the kitchen.
He said that although he made a public Facebook post about the incident, he did not think it was necessary to alert the National Environment Agency (NEA) because no one in the group had suffered any lasting ill effects from the extra ingredient in their soup.
"But my friends told me to report it to the NEA," Mr Quek said, "so that at least the rats can be cleared away from the stall before any other customers consume it."

When The Straits Times visited the stall on Tuesday afternoon, there were no rats in sight. The stall owner, a woman who did not want to be named, said that they practice high standards of hygiene.He added that he saw the stall owner continue to dish out soup to customers at other tables.

"We clean the place three times every day, when we open, at midday, and at closing time. I never see any rats around, so I also don't know where it came from."

She explained that when she cooks her mutton soup, the ingredients are placed aside in bowls, with the large pot of soup beside it.

"If there's a rat, I would have noticed it while preparing the ingredients," she said. She was alerted to the rat after a commotion at the table.
Miss Zhang Ying Hong, 40, a member of staff from the stall, said: "My boss came over and said sorry and gave them a refund."
Mr Tan said NEA officers had come down to inspect the premises earlier. "They told me to engage pest control, and also to head down to their office to get my statement taken."

He added that the stall owners and staff there keep the place clean, and the stalls and toilets are washed often. The mutton soup stall has been running for 20 years, and never had a record of rats, according to Mr Tan, who has been in the coffeeshop business all his life, since his father first opened a coffeeshop in the 1950s.

Responding to queries from The Straits Times, the NEA said it is aware of the incident and is investigating, and will take the necessary enforcement action against any parties found responsible for rat infestation.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/customers-rat-tled-by-extra-ingredient-in-mutton-soup

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kakakakakaka....so funni.
Salary people boasting he stay in 5* hotel. Sibeh sia suay. Say lah he pay on his own then only can hao lian lor.
Can run how far? LOL

Funny man, people who buy and live in Johor want to laugh at people who don't buy in Johor? Buy properties in Johor rich meh? Ha ha ha ha ha

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's forget about properties. This is something for a change.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SINGAPORE - Dinner took a stomach-churning turn for Mr Quek Yong Pheng, 38, on Monday (Sept 5) evening, when he and his group of friends found a dead rat in their soup.

However, Mr Raymond Tan, 53, the owner of Sin Yew Huat Eating House in Jalan Besar, said the coffeeshop premises are kept clean, and has denied that there are rats there.

Mr Quek, who runs his own auto shop, told The Straits Times that each of the eight diners ordered a bowl of soup at the popular Kong Kee Mutton Soup in Jalan Besar.

One of his friends was very full, and fished out what was thought to be a piece of mutton, to put in another friend’s bowl. "It (the rodent) was right on top and we saw that it was a rat," he said, adding: "My friend went to the road side and started to vomit."

The owner came over, apologised and gave them a refund on their dinner, which amounted to around $42

Mr Quek said that she told the group the rodent might have fallen from the rafters into the pot of soup in the kitchen.
He said that although he made a public Facebook post about the incident, he did not think it was necessary to alert the National Environment Agency (NEA) because no one in the group had suffered any lasting ill effects from the extra ingredient in their soup.
"But my friends told me to report it to the NEA," Mr Quek said, "so that at least the rats can be cleared away from the stall before any other customers consume it."

When The Straits Times visited the stall on Tuesday afternoon, there were no rats in sight. The stall owner, a woman who did not want to be named, said that they practice high standards of hygiene.He added that he saw the stall owner continue to dish out soup to customers at other tables.

"We clean the place three times every day, when we open, at midday, and at closing time. I never see any rats around, so I also don't know where it came from."

She explained that when she cooks her mutton soup, the ingredients are placed aside in bowls, with the large pot of soup beside it.

"If there's a rat, I would have noticed it while preparing the ingredients," she said. She was alerted to the rat after a commotion at the table.
Miss Zhang Ying Hong, 40, a member of staff from the stall, said: "My boss came over and said sorry and gave them a refund."
Mr Tan said NEA officers had come down to inspect the premises earlier. "They told me to engage pest control, and also to head down to their office to get my statement taken."

He added that the stall owners and staff there keep the place clean, and the stalls and toilets are washed often. The mutton soup stall has been running for 20 years, and never had a record of rats, according to Mr Tan, who has been in the coffeeshop business all his life, since his father first opened a coffeeshop in the 1950s.

Responding to queries from The Straits Times, the NEA said it is aware of the incident and is investigating, and will take the necessary enforcement action against any parties found responsible for rat infestation.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/customers-rat-tled-by-extra-ingredient-in-mutton-soup

Johor so many such cases go unreported lah, strange that you post this hor. All the much vaunted cheap food recommended by forummers here in Johor definitely cannot pass Singapore NEA inspections, anyway they all probably don't mind eating a rat or two, just to save a few bucks ha ha ha ha ha

Remember my views, if Singapore is bad then Johor is always worse.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor so many such cases go unreported lah, strange that you post this hor. All the much vaunted cheap food recommended by forummers here in Johor definitely cannot pass Singapore NEA inspections, anyway they all probably don't mind eating a rat or two, just to save a few bucks ha ha ha ha ha

Remember my views, if Singapore is bad then Johor is always worse.

Life is so stresssed that any news other than property investement news here is good for a change,.
It shows cheap is not necessarily be bad and expensive is not necessarily be good.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anything else is true lah.

Singapore have COEs for cars, which is bad for many people because it is only valid for 10 years and cost a lot, but the car can still be relatively new or low in mileage at end of 10 years which can then be renewed for another 10 years. JB is even worst because there is no COE, thus the car can use for as long as you want but by then the car can be very old and worn down.:biggrin:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore have COEs for cars, which is bad for many people because it is only valid for 10 years and cost a lot, but the car can still be relatively new or low in mileage at end of 10 years which can then be renewed for another 10 years. JB is even worst because there is no COE, thus the car can use for as long as you want but by then the car can be very old and worn down.:biggrin:

New Perodua Bezza Sedan - RM 37,000
New Honda City - RM 83,000
Old Proton Wira Sedan - RM 8,000

:biggrin: