• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably this big news will get more people interested in Iskandar/KL properties. Huat liao!

2017/18 might see more people flocking back to buy Malaysian properties.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The high bridge (not low bridge) design was selected. Why? I can only speculate that it is to allow the prospect of bigger boats to pass underneath? And maybe (just maybe) the possibility that the causeway may one fine day be replaced (otherwise why contemplate shipping in the straits)? Just my guess...

From the looks of it, the 'high bridge' will only be 25m above sea level, so causeway will probably stay as it is for the foreseeable future..

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably this big news will get more people interested in Iskandar/KL properties. Huat liao!

2017/18 might see more people flocking back to buy Malaysian properties.

Not only locals will move back to jb, but others as well. Hard to rent out room in sg once e train punch through. Zone A sure Huat huh!!:p

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which development close to Bukit Chagar?

Many. Tritower, Vsummer, Skysuite, Skyloft, Suasana, Paragon, Astaka, Sky88, Twingalaxy, Skspavillion, Marina Bay Suites, many more on District23 & Paragon? (can't remember the one opposite CIQ)

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many. Tritower, Vsummer, Skysuite, Skyloft, Suasana, Paragon, Astaka, Sky88, Twingalaxy, Skspavillion, Marina Bay Suites, many more on District23 & Paragon? (can't remember the one opposite CIQ)

It is a good sign that the leaders of both countries are talking about the RTS. When they sign on the dotted line in due time, maybe we also see many more people signing on the dotted lines to buy completed condo projects in JB. A sign of good things to come?:biggrin:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Filled with gleaming skyscrapers in JB city, the skyline has changed so much recently. V swee from my window.:biggrin:
of coz not many ppl notice it..:p

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RTS link will adopt Singapore's Thomson-East Coast line system, including its signaling system, rolling stock, communication system and integrated supervisory control system. Explaining the rationale for this, Mr Lee said it would reap economies of scale.

"Visitors can clear immigration in Johor Baru, get on the RTS, come to Singapore and transfer to the MRT seamlessly and vice versa," said Mr Lee.

This statement by Mr Lee suggest that :

1. Singapore will be building the line extension from Woodlands North to JB.

2. SG will be locating their CIQ on JB side so, after clearing MY CIQ, you proceed immediately to clear the SG CIQ, just like for HK/Shenzhen. This also means that the moment you enter the station in JB, you are actually technically in SG.

3.No mention of line continuing after JB station.

4.Everything announced by Mr Lee instead of joint announcement may means SG is building this with singularly with own financing but with MY's bilateral agreement and SG paying for all land use.

Make sense.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG has the full financial means to build the RTS and MY is broke and needs all the money they can find.
China already committed on so many joint venture big projects in MY, now it's SG's turn to contribute.
SG will probably be the sole operator of the RTS, responsible for the operating and maintenance of the system and pay MY royalties and for land use while MY need not spend a cent and reap profits.
Make more sense.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Closer to date of signing by both countries maybe we will start seeing JB property market heating up?

Hold your horse until the formal bilateral agreement is signed. Until then, anything that can possibly go wrong can possibly also go wrong.
It is essential how the agreement is formulated and who benefits more.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Closer to date of signing by both countries maybe we will start seeing JB property market heating up?

Frodo, i understand u riding bike to and fro msia/spore. I notice past few weeks the m/cycle lane jammed up (Spore counters) early morning from 9am onwards heading towards JB. Any idea whats holding the jam?

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal

nowadays when u stand at jb and look at Singapore woodlands .spore looks like old JB and when u stand at woodlands ,jb looks like Singapore town area with sky scrapers and lights.will jb pull it off and be real competitor to Singapore if not equivalent

And if rts come to fruition,marsiling flats or maybe other areas will have less or no more Malaysians tenants renting the flat.Taking rts to jb is only like taking mrt from hougang to punggol

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo, i understand u riding bike to and fro msia/spore. I notice past few weeks the m/cycle lane jammed up (Spore counters) early morning from 9am onwards heading towards JB. Any idea whats holding the jam?

Sorry I don't head that way in the morning so I don't know what causes the bike jams over there. But I do know what causes the bike jam at Woodlands checkpoint entering SG in the morning; the incompetence of ICA and Aetos in managing the bikes coming through. Just this morning there was a huge space cordoned off which had it been opened I would have cleared customs in less than 10 min. Instead they directed us to a place jammed packed with bikers which takes more than an hour to clear. And there is horrible planning as there is much dead spaces that are unused and it becomes a storage place for throwing about those plastic road barriers. They should insteadnset up food carts there so bikers stucked there can buy breakfast and ICA can collect rental. Duh.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean can kiss their jobs good bye, jiu kia take HSR from KL to Johor and stay there and take RTS to steal jobs ha ha ha ha by that time I will be in Oz already.