• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Licence for bicycle?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
She said: "In the past, in order to own a bicycle, they need to go and apply (for a) licence. I thought this is quite a good suggestion, perhaps we can do this with a tweak.

That is the problem. That MP still lives in the past, time for her to retire. She is clearly alone with that "idea".

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
We used to have that years ago...no wonder the country is moving backwards

I had one of those in the good old days. It didn't change the way we rode our bikes. :oIo:

4197847113_294fd1e74c_z.jpg

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really makes you think if their KPI is based on words uttered in parliament per month or potential policy (well thought of or not) discussed per month?

Perhaps I can help contribute:
- license for flower pots per household?
- license for toilets per flat?
- license for amount of air allowed to breathe a month?

Yeah send them all for tests. :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
Really makes you think if their KPI is based on words uttered in parliament per month or potential policy (well thought of or not) discussed per month?

Perhaps I can help contribute:
- license for flower pots per household?
- license for toilets per flat?
- license for amount of air allowed to breathe a month?

- license for talking shit.
- license for showing gratitude.
- license for porlumpar.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE: Observers have called for more safety measures ahead of the introduction of an island-wide cycling path network by 2030.

One Member of Parliament (MP) wants cyclists to be licensed before they are allowed on the roads.

MP for Nee Soon GRC, Lee Bee Wah, is aware of the problems errant cyclists pose.

She believes a combination of regulation and education is the way forward.

She said: "In the past, in order to own a bicycle, they need to go and apply (for a) licence. I thought this is quite a good suggestion, perhaps we can do this with a tweak.

“Before they are given licences, perhaps LTA (Land Transport Authority) can ask cyclists to go for lessons to understand the dos and don'ts of cyclists.".

Tampines, Singapore's first model cycling town, has recruited volunteers to act as wardens to help ensure the safety of both cyclists and pedestrians.

These wardens look out for unsafe cycling behaviour.

Irene Ng, MP for Tampines GRC, said: "We need to also complement it with education efforts and at the same time, also to enforce against reckless cyclists, because safety is the number one priority. Because there is no point saying you encourage cycling, but you don't promote safe cycling."

Although Tampines Town Council is empowered to issue summons to reckless cyclists, wardens have only handed out warnings so far.

- CNA/ms

P1180303a.jpg

yeah back to the future, like donkey years ago in singapore. PAP going to rejuvenate old laws?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are insane to want to cycle on our congested, narrow roads here with our kayu drivers! give death certs instead they'll need them soon enough

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how many points has she scored with this?

going to liccence the tons of foreign workers on bikes as well?

Damn should have kept those old Bicycle licence plates I used to pick up & collect in the past...there were these, tricyles where you can carry goods or people on it, the "sar leng chia"...& bicyles used to pay licences to the Municipal..something!!...the logo with the coconut tree & a tiger at the bottom...

Told you...more ideas to make money out of you....very soon, "bus number 11" need license too...the air you breathe..etc.. WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR?? ha ha ha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had one of those in the good old days. It didn't change the way we rode our bikes. :oIo:

4197847113_294fd1e74c_z.jpg

Damn solid bike.....rode of those when I was young at top speed, smashed into the side of car...me survived, bike broken handle bar...etc...did some DIY repairs..bike was used for years thereafter until...it rusted to death!!

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mobility_scooter_zoo.jpg

Any mode of transportation used in Singapore would eventually require sitting for a test, licensing, viacom tested
, mandatory vehicle insurance, subject to parking charges, ERP and also COEs.

Attachments

• colin+and+kieran+sedway.jpg
    colin+and+kieran+sedway.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 621