• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The fate of District Judge Michael Khoo and Tan Siong Thye

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you still remember Michael Khoo?
He is a senior counsel, senior district judge, registrar of the supreme court, deputy public prosecutor. He is such a high calibre legal eagle.

Why he was transferred from Senior District Judge to Deputy Public Prosecutor?
He was a senior district judge in JBJ 1986 trial and he found JBJ clear of all charges except one. The invisible hand was very upset and immediately AGC claimed for retrial and JBJ was sentenced to jail. Michael Khoo was transferred to AGC immediately after JBJ trial.

http://asiasentinel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1432&Itemid=31

Michael Khoo is one of the courageous sinkie judge that we ever see and he is definitely not a judge without backbone.

Now, let us look at Tan Siong Thye academic credential. He was a chief district judge. He was graduated in 1979.
http://law.nus.edu.sg/alumni/alumni_directory.asp?Year=1979
He is definitely not a brilliant NUS graduate in his batch compared with CJ Choo Han Teck and Ho Peng Kee.
Insider said that Tan Siong Thye is not even a second class upper law graduate.
His academic credential is just so so.
http://www.lawsociety.org.sg/conference/ADR/speakers/Tan Siong Thye.aspx

Readers may want to ask why Tan Siong Thye is promoted to High Court?

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...yer-appointed-judicial-commissioners-20130930

On the same day, See Kee On and Ong Hian Sun were also promoted.

Now look at See Kee Oon and Ong Hian Sun academic credentials
See Kee Oon: FIRST CLASS honours from Cambridge
http://www.lawsociety.org.sg/conference/ADR/speakers/See Kee Oon.aspx

Ong Hian Sun
http://www.lawsociety.org.sg/Conference/CLC2011/speakers/Chief-Prosecutor-Mr-Ong-Hian-Sun.aspx
This guy has solid background and holds different positions compared with Tan Shiong Thye.

So Tan Siong Thye is the weakest but promoted to the highest rank in High Court.
Why is that so?
This guy is a ball carrier and under his belt, he brokered SMRT case.
http://atans1.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/smrt-ask-judge-to-step-down/

he said:
In his closing remarks, Chief District Judge Tan Siong Thye said train operator SMRT had shown it was prepared to learn from its mistakes.

so much money has been spent on SMRT court case and what has Tan Siong Thye contributed to Singapore society? None as he only talked the good things on behalf of SMRT.
Do you see any improvement on SMRT after the legal case handled by Tan Siong Thye?

Conclusion:
Singapore is not a meritocracy country!
In Singapore, in order to succeed in life, you dont have to be a first class or second class upper law graduate.
Most Importantly, you must be able to carry the balls and you are one of the clans.

Otherwise why MR SEE KEE OON Cambridge First Class is not as good as Tan Siong Thye?
Otherwise why MR MICHAEL KHOO SC was not promoted to High Court?

I invite brothers for comments.

Last edited:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A typical papballslicker

Being a good and faithful servant nodding all the way when your master says yes is all that is truly required......

It doesnt matter if you are not that clever and accomplished or even need to have a half a fucking brain or a heart....just as long as you do as you are told........

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes its about how many you can put in your mouth. the entire civil service are mainly full of these cocksuckers

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mkhoo.png

I hope Michael Khoo will be vindicated totally in the matter of his removal as a Judge.

I hope he will be the Chief Justice of Singapore one day

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mkhoo.png

I hope Michael Khoo will be vindicated totally in the matter of his removal as a Judge.

I hope he will be the Chief Justice of Singapore one day

Psalm 37

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.

24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
To: gingerlyn

Let me get this right.

My highest qualification is a GCE "O" certificate with passes in 3 subjects.

My Engrish is so so.

I enrol on a course on how to be a super porlumpar.

With a first class honors in porlumpar, can I apply to the civil service to become Pinky's princpal private secretary?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tan Siong Thye's 'promotion' to the High Court is a bit like those WO1s being promoted to become QMs. He will be lost among his brother judges whose intellects and way beyond him.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To: gingerlyn

Let me get this right.

My highest qualification is a GCE "O" certificate with passes in 3 subjects.

My Engrish is so so.

I enrol on a course on how to be a super porlumpar.

With a first class honors in porlumpar, can I apply to the civil service to become Pinky's princpal private secretary?

Why would you want to be Pinky's PPS where you will have to be his babysitter and pander to all his fancies? Ask to be a PS of some ministry ...you don't need to do anything, just have your underlings (the scholars eager to climb up quickly) to do the work.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you thought the thread died huh?

no worries mate, justice will prevail........

nothing will remain buried..... all will come out when an old man finally dies....

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
............Ask to be a PS of some ministry ...you don't need to do anything, just have your underlings (the scholars eager to climb up quickly) to do the work.

You're right. Why haven't I thought of that?

With all my underling-scholars willing to work for me, my family and I can vacation in Italy and spend S$15,000 per person on how to prepare Italian cuisine. Didn't someone from the civil service did a similar thing in France?

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really regret not having learned that Old Fart and Pinky love to have porlumpars as subordinates.

If I had known about it 40 years ago and had worked on polishing porlumpar skills, I would have been Chairman of Temasick now. Crocodile Tears Paul Lim wouldn't stand a chance. I would scheme to have Ho Jinx removed from her CEO post too, given my consummate porlumpar skills with Old Fart.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When Lai Kew Chai died, all the church leaders gave glowing tributes to this man.

I heard them speak, but i squirm in my seat...... is he really that great a man?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When Lai Kew Chai died, all the church leaders gave glowing tributes to this man.

I heard them speak, but i squirm in my seat...... is he really that great a man?

LAI KEW CHAI is the man that nailed JBJ and he died of cancer at young age.
do u believe in Karma? maybe LKC children would believe in Karma after the above incidents.

QUOTE:
Though Jeyaretnam was barred from contesting the 1988 general election, he spoke at election rallies held by the WP during the campaign. At one election rally, he challenged the PAP's claim to being an open and transparent government, and asked whether any investigation had been conducted as to how the former Minister for National Development, Teh Cheang Wan, had obtained the tablets with which he had committed suicide in the midst of being investigated for corruption. He also asked whether Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew had replied to a letter written to him by Teh. Following this, Lee commenced proceedings for slander against Jeyaretnam, alleging his words at the election rally implied that he had committed a criminal offence by aiding and abetting Teh to commit suicide, and thereby had tried to cover up Teh's corruption. The action was heard by Justice Lai Kew Chai, who found against Jeyaretnam and ordered him to pay damages of S$260,000 plus costs to Lee.
UNQUOTE
LAI KEW CHAI / JBJ / TEH CHEANG WAN