• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fire at SingTel building causes outage in North and Western Singapore

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE - A fire on Wednesday afternoon at SingTel's Bukit Panjang exchange has caused a partial outage in its fixed line voice, broadband and mobile services.

A SCDF firefighter who was responding to the fire tweeted at 3:41pm that there was a "big fire" at the SingTel's Bukit Panjang Telephone Exchange, which is located at 40 Woodlands Road.

SingTel said in an update on its Facebook and Twitter pages that "[they] are working to restore its services as soon as possible."

The first complaints surfaced on SingTel's Facebook page at around 3:30 pm, with SingTel customers complaining of disruptions to their WiFi, fixed line and broadband connections.

One Facebook user said that his line has been down since 2:30pm. The same user added that SingTel's customer care hotline was down too. SingTel's 1688 hotline was down at 4:30pm when AsiaOne called.

This outage appears to have affected users located at the North-Western parts of Singapore. Users from Woodlands, Teck Whye, Choa Chu Kang, Marsiling are said to be affected.

[email protected]

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this the reason why the Singapore pool outlets counter down in the afternoon. Knnccb wait until buay tahan bopian give up and left.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cb ... I want to 'Huat Cai' also cannot ... Singkapore pools better do something le...

6pm, October 09...the Q...so long....system still down....do not think, the draw will be on tonight...tomorrow...or those in the Q buying today's number from 2.30pm will get $60 consolation prize..present proof of location & IC number... ha ha ha kidding!

It is pass 6pm...just came back from the SINgapore Pools Outlet...still no news...

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
still burning better burn down the exchange better, take them so long to fix the problem. Hopeless Singtel only good at collecting money.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
still burning better burn down the exchange better, take them so long to fix the problem. Hopeless Singtel only good at collecting money.

Still no news from StINkerpools on what is happening?? cannot make decisions...was told the system was down since 2.30pm....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why I am a proud non-subscriber of Singtel, not once since the late 1990s had I once subscribed to any Singtel/Singnet services, neither have I bought any of Singtel's shares.

You can send your roadshow employees to pester me for a 'survey', you can get your FT telemarketers to harrass me, you can print big ads on the newspapers - but once I see it is the red telco I mentally switch off.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why I am a proud non-subscriber of Singtel, not once since the late 1990s had I once subscribed to any Singtel/Singnet services, neither have I bought any of Singtel's shares.

You can send your roadshow employees to pester me for a 'survey', you can get your FT telemarketers to harrass me, you can print big ads on the newspapers - but once I see it is the red telco I mentally switch off.

No need to subscribes...you forget, we were entitled to..just pay the $$$..anyway..sold mine, bought a lot more when it was low...& sold the whole lot..ages ago... that is the only thing I benefited from Sing & Tell...like you...gets mental block..when I see those pesky marketers for their Meow TV & whatever....

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal

So you only subscribed hp services from starhub and m1? Any recommendation as I also thinking of jumping ship and joining the starhub or m1 gang.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So you only subscribed hp services from starhub and m1? Any recommendation as I also thinking of jumping ship and joining the starhub or m1 gang.

M1 I have not tried, would not want to...Starhub is "broadbang"... ha ha ha used to be one of their tester..when people we surfing at at 64k, I was using mb..when they were known as CYBERWAY...it was good initially..then it went down hill

I am now using republic...no complains SO FAR!

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All temasek owned SHIT.
Fake competition.
Cheat Money.
Lousy Service.

True, but only Singtel takes the cake for letting Familee members run the company. It was Lee Hsien Yang, now it is Chua Sock Koong.

I am on Starhub broadband and mobile, used to be on PacNet for dialup and ADSL.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True, but only Singtel takes the cake for letting Familee members run the company. It was Lee Hsien Yang, now it is Chua Sock Koong.

I am on Starhub broadband and mobile, used to be on PacNet for dialup and ADSL.

Fact is I was paying for pacnet email service, then to cyberway & then to Starhub...until the discontinued the service..when Hotmail. Yahoo mail etc..came into being... Remember Eudora?? used that till the company folded...

OK ANY NEWS ON SINking POOLS...4D draw tonight, Weds?? now it 7.30pm?? no word in the news. no annoucement on website..which is loading...loading..loading...:p

PEE_APE_PEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
HUAT AH!

SG Regressed back to 1970s, no internet mobile phone ATM dubscription TV etc...

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...cted-singtel-internet-exchange-fibre-20131009

DBS Bank, AXS affected by SingTel Internet exchange fire
Published on Oct 09, 2013
5:10 PM
Purchase this article for republication
Buy SPH photos

DBS Bank's ATM network and StarHub's broadband and cable TV services were disrupted on Wednesday after a fire broke out at a SingTel Internet exchange building in Bukit Panjang. -- ST FILE PHOTO:*AZIZ HUSSIN

By Irene Tham

DBS Bank's ATM network and StarHub's broadband and cable TV services were disrupted on Wednesday after a fire broke out at a SingTel Internet exchange building in Bukit Panjang.

A total of 18 out of the bank's more than 80 banking branches and ATMs could not be connected to the Internet. To help customers, the bank is extending its banking hours by one hour today at all branches, DBS said in a statement. The affected DBS and POSB branches are at Changi Airport, Tampines East, Toa Payoh Central, Woodlands West, Ang Mo Kio Central and Ngee Ann City, among others.

In a statement, Mr Mock Pak Lum, StarHub's Chief Technology Officer, said: "We have been informed that there was a fire at SingTel's Bukit Panjang exchange. As we lease some SingTel optical fibre capacity that runs through this exchange, this has affected StarHub's cable TV, cable and fibre broadband, and digital voice services for some of our customers. We are monitoring the situation closely and working to restore services as soon as we can."

About a quarter of all AXS terminals across the island were also down as of 5.30pm, said an AXS spokesman. He added that for AXS customers, 640 machines are still in operation, and its internet and mobile app services are still up. AXS is working with SingTel to restore service to its terminals

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
World have to face the fact that the perfect safe efficient Singapore where everything worked is part of History.