• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Molek Regency

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Singaporean, we bought a terrace house at Molek Haven. Been hanging out at this area on weekends for close to 7 years now, as my JB in-laws live here. Haha...The taman is quite small, so its not difficult to check it out.

i always tot u r jiu hu liang..:p

wayne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey with the rm$1m imposed on foreigners, what will it now mean? I haven't signed s&p. how ar. Any brothers here can advise?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey with the rm$1m imposed on foreigners, what will it now mean? I haven't signed s&p. how ar. Any brothers here can advise?

buy for what purpose? if you like the unit, intend to rent it out, or own use, no reason to change your mind.
if buy to flip, (edited) think hard again. new policies do not encourage speculation
strictly my opinion. i not a player.

Last edited:

wayne

Alfrescian
Loyal
bros, i am deciding whether to forfeit my fee for molek regency. i bought for investment, not a flipper but in general how hard is it to sell a property in JB? Do you see the potential in taman molek?

wayne

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see on propertyguru.com.my. One property can be on the list for 6 months and still on it.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
bros, i am deciding whether to forfeit my fee for molek regency. i bought for investment, not a flipper but in general how hard is it to sell a property in JB? Do you see the potential in taman molek?

Haha, if you ask me, of cos I say yes, since we have a few houses in the area. I think it depends on whether you believe in Frank Goon's plans lor...... See link. In the article, he claims Taman Ponderosa is planning for a big-box retail building. This will change the game, if it's really so. See if you believes him lor. haha

http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/prop...per-scales-the-heights-of-sustainability.html

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see on propertyguru.com.my. One property can be on the list for 6 months and still on it.

Aiyah, its like that 1 lah. Property is a long-term game mah. For a SG property, I made an offer of $1,318K in Aug'12. It was eventually sold off in Jul'13 for $1,388K. That was how long it took from listing to final sale.

wayne

Alfrescian
Loyal
my parents bought a unit in duo residences. they expended all their savings into this. i thought i should keep some money to back them up in case anything happens. But I thought RM540psf was actually a good buy in taman molek then again there is this concern about over supply. Frank Goon going to build another 4000 units.. wah.. can digest or not.

wayne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reds bro. by the way, where is this taman ponderosa? the road further in, that passes by molek regency showroom?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reds bro. by the way, where is this taman ponderosa? the road further in, that passes by molek regency showroom?

Taman Ponderosa is located at where the current UOB branch is situated (i.e. criss cross from Molek Regency site). If you go in along the UOB road, this will lead you to Ponderosa golf course, Ponderosa semi-d/bungalows, and another condo, Ponderosa Lakeside (where Frank Goon will launch Lakeside 2 & 3 soon).

I like this Duo Residence a lot too. Super convenient, with gd & cheap amenities. Gd choice but quantum is a bit too high for me. I eventually settled for a resale condo at S$880 psf, a far cry from Duo's pricing! Haha.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

from tebrau highway in from jln bumi hijauan- when you at the cross junction traffic light where UOB is on your right.
go straight lenang heights, redang lakeview, taman desa harmoni. go left taman molek, ocbc & all the banks. go right ponderosa golf course & houses. beware ponderosa green , is leasehold.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
from tebrau highway in from jln bumi hijauan- when you at the cross junction traffic light where UOB is on your right.
go straight lenang heights, redang lakeview, taman desa harmoni. go left taman molek, ocbc & all the banks. go right ponderosa golf course & houses. beware ponderosa green , is leasehold.

Haha you know the area so well now.......impressive! Do you think Ponderosa will really have a retail mall, as per Frank Goon? I hear no news on that at all....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
my parents bought a unit in duo residences. they expended all their savings into this. i thought i should keep some money to back them up in case anything happens. But I thought RM540psf was actually a good buy in taman molek then again there is this concern about over supply. Frank Goon going to build another 4000 units.. wah.. can digest or not.

Need to check where e Chinese developer has just bought e land. V large tracts of land n many units to be launched over e next few years.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha you know the area so well now.......impressive! Do you think Ponderosa will really have a retail mall, as per Frank Goon? I hear no news on that at all....
you're the retail mall expert, right? :biggrin:

for what it's worth, from a malaysian POV, i think sooner or later there'll be a mall there as currently there's none. but when is sooner or later? with investments cooling down, oversupply issue, might take a while. market is very quiet.

i also think that if they ever relocate the kampung at the start of jln bumi hijauan, that will be a very positive thing for properties there

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
you're the retail mall expert, right? :biggrin:

for what it's worth, from a malaysian POV, i think sooner or later there'll be a mall there as currently there's none. but when is sooner or later? with investments cooling down, oversupply issue, might take a while. market is very quiet.

i also think that if they ever relocate the kampung at the start of jln bumi hijauan, that will be a very positive thing for properties there

True, I guess there will be a mall or a bridge eventually or both, to bring up the value of Ponderosa high-rise and commercial. The question is when? Maybe 3-5 years later? Can afford to wait so long or not.... Haiz. Safest commercial bet seems to be Tanah Sutera shophouses for now, but shophouses itself is a tricky biz esp in MY.

andrewjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Molek Pine 4 selling price from RM700psf according to developer . We have a unit for sale in Molek Pine 3 @ RM630psf only at 23rd Floor, 1497 sqft, 3 bedrooms, unblock view. Just TOP. Target rental at RM4000 to RM4500 per month to Japanese. If you "can see other people don't see", just keep this for 3 to 5 years with rental income.

If you are interested, can email us at [email protected].

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Molek Pine 4 selling price from RM700psf according to developer . We have a unit for sale in Molek Pine 3 @ RM630psf only at 23rd Floor, 1497 sqft, 3 bedrooms, unblock view. Just TOP. Target rental at RM4000 to RM4500 per month to Japanese. If you "can see other people don't see", just keep this for 3 to 5 years with rental income.

If you are interested, can email us at [email protected].

There's quite a no of condo units at Molek/Ponderosa area that are planned/built, eg Molek Regency, Molek Pines 1-4, Molek Pulai, Ponderosa Lakeside 1 & 2, Ponderosa Twin Towers. Can share with us on any major developments there to justify the purchase, besides 'Little Japan'? If so, I may be tempted to buy another 1. Thanks.