• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hylam kia Mah Boh Chee say high HDB prices not his fault woh

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mah Bow Tan: I didn't step down because of high housing prices

st_mahbowtan_hainan.jpg

The New Paper
Monday, Sep 30, 2013

SINGAPORE - Former National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan has denied that he had to give up the post after the 2011 General Election because of sky-rocketing property prices.

It was time to retire and make way for younger and talented people to take over, he was quoted as saying in a new book.

Mr Mah is one of nine prominent Hainanese Singaporeans interviewed in the book.

There had been talk that he had to take the blame for rising property prices, but he did not think so.

Get the full story from The New Paper.
Look out for the new New Paper, which will be released in 3 days.

Time to retire

Mah Bow Tan had stepped down as Minister of Development in 2011 as it was time for him to retire, the former minister said in a new book published by the Hainan Culture and Heritage Research Centre.

In the Chinese book, Mr Mah refuted rumours that he had stepped down because of growing unhappiness over rising house prices, Shin Min Daily reported.

Mr Mah, who is Member of Parliament for Tampines GRC, had been in Cabinet from 1991 to 2011, and served as Minister for National Development from 1999-2011.

According to Shin Min, Mr Mah said that he did not have any complaints or regrets about his retirement.

Mr Mah also added that he believed he had given the "most precious and most valuable" period of his life to the Government and Singaporeans.

Proudest moment

During his time as Minister, Mr Mah took part in the development of the Marina Bay area. As a child, he loved visiting Clifford Pier. As a result, he is extremely proud of his role in helping to develop the area into what it is today.

The most unforgettable moment in his career, he said, was the 1997 SilkAir crash in Palembang, Indonesia. Mr Mah was the Minister of Transport that year and recalls being overcome with grief, and not being able to sleep at all after he found out about the incident. He added that his heart will be forever pained as he regrets that the cause of the crash was never found.

Tutored students to support family

When asked about his growing up years, Mr Mah said that he lost his father at age three. His mother had to work odd jobs to raise him and his younger sister, Shin Min reported.

While he did not have money to attend tuition classes, he gave others tuition to help with household expenses. He would not have been able to receive an education if not for a government grant he received at age seven.

Regrets not spending time with family

Mr Mah said in the book that he was sorry for not spending more time with his family in the past. However, he has been putting in more effort and is dedicating more of his time to his wife and family, he said.

Here is the statement Mr Mah released to announced his retirement in 2011:

'I have decided to retire from the Cabinet after 23 years of service.

Two years ago, I had expressed to PM Lee my desire to step aside at the end of the last term, but was asked to stay on to fight the elections. Now that the GE is over, it is time for me to make way for younger Ministers with fresh ideas. My job is done.

The last 23 years in Government have been wonderful ones. I have had the opportunity to serve in various capacities, as Minister for the Environment, Communications, and finally, National Development for the last 12 years. I have been privileged to serve under three Prime Ministers, which has been an exceptionally satisfying and invaluable experience. I never imagined that I could have been given the great honour to serve my country in such a meaningful way.

I warmly welcome Minister Khaw Boon Wan to the Ministry of National Development, and am confident that he will lead the Ministry to even greater heights.

I will continue to make myself available for public service in other capacities where I am able to contribute. I will now spend more time with my residents, as MP for Tampines, as well as my family and friends, whom I have neglected for too long. I look forward to a new chapter in my life.

To all those who have supported me and walked this journey with me all these years, thank you!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never forgot my experience with this STUCK UP Hylam, bumped into him & his team just after the last election...damn arrogant....:mad:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never forgot my experience with this STUCK UP Hylam, bumped into him & his team just after the last election...damn arrogant....:mad:

If you're not gay but an opportunity presents itself for you to sodomize Mah Bow Tan and humiliate him, would you do it?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When an elite visits a lesser mortal it is considered an honor & you are suppose to offer them mangoes :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're not gay but an opportunity presents itself for you to sodomize Mah Bow Tan and humiliate him, would you do it?

No, why would I want to make myself filthy?? If the country allow me to throw shoes at him.... that I will.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What if I use a sharp metal spear like the ones in the Yang General Saga? ram it up his rear end as a means of his execution ? Than sure I will do....as long as i dont have to touch him..

And this article makes him look stupid,,,,say he make way for younger generation and his successor is Mad Cow,,,mad cow damn young meh? talk no sense no tail,,,I hope decent Hainanese people will spit and kick him and disown him...assholes like that just make hainanese people look bad..

just like assholes like Ho jinx, wong cunt sing and Shito Yi Peng makes us Cantonese look bad...

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
really? I saw him at 4 seasons hotel some time ago.. appearing very contented and smiling until eyes cannot be seen.

Walking stick? must be gout from all the good food.

haha..but his dotter quite chio leh in real life..hehe

SlickJon

Alfrescian
Loyal
not his fault then whose fault? knn pappies only know how to shirk away from responsibilities in shit times but claim credit for themselves in gd times