• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Microsoft Buys Nikia mobile Division

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To those who predicted that Elop purposely fucked up Nokia so Microshit can do a buyout. Here it is,,,,

[video=youtube;vRGcwwqgpUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGcwwqgpUY[/video]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are also rumours that Stephen Elop, a Microsoft stooge, will take over Steve Ballmer at Microsoft next year.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Either be strong competitor because now they have software and hardware on hand.
Or will be like Microshit tablet.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Microsoft shill-nerd was so happy when Windows phone recently hit 3% global market share that he did this:

daveiam3close-small.png

Strong competitor? Good luck! :rolleyes:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It does not matter to me, I would not touch No Kia shit even if its free. I kenna con by nokia soo many times than this time I am going to ensure they dont get a single cent from me. Nokia can wind up shop for all I care..

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.forbes.com/sites/terokui...-how-inept-was-nokias-board/?partner=yahootix

Elop now gets a golden handshake too,,what a lucky guy..

[h=1]Just How Inept Was Nokia's Board?[/h]
Finland is boiling with rage this weekend over the $25 M bonus payment the CEO Stephen Elop is set to receive as he leaves Nokia NOK -1.64% after his two-year tenure. Questions are now being raised by the oddest aspect of the bonus: the board of Nokia seems to have given Elop a $25 M incentive to sell the handset unit cheaply to Microsoft MSFT -2.52% way back in in 2010. This effectively means that the board hired a man who was given a giant carrot to drive down Nokia’s overall valuation and phone volumes while preparing a sale to Microsoft. What could possibly be a reason to structure Elop’s original contract in this manner? Did the board in fact end up promising Elop more compensation in case he sells the phone division than if he runs it with modest success?
During Elop’s time at the helm, Nokia’s market value plunged by about $20 B and the quarterly smartphone shipments collapsed from 24 M units per quarter to 7 M units per quarter. It is hard enough to understand how Elop merits the bonus on this performance – but the real storm in the Finnish media started when the chairman of Nokia’s board blurted out that Elop’s bonus is “solely a result of terms that were accepted in 2010″. The chairman Siilasmaa probably meant to defend his board with this comment. But instead, his comments have helped fuel a massive backlash ranging from the Finance Minister and unions to national newspapers and finance industry professionals.
<aside class="vestpocket" data-position="4" style=""> Why Microsoft Was Not Stupid To Buy Nokia's Phones <cite class="box_byline clearfix"> Nigam Arora Contributor </cite>
</aside>Why on earth would Nokia’s board sign a contract with Elop in 2010 guaranteeing him a $25 M bonus if he ends up selling the core division of the company in 2013 at less than 0.5 P/S ratio? Elop was already a Microsoft man when he arrived to Nokia. His ability to make a purely independent decision about Nokia’s mobile OS strategy was already in question. Why give him a substantial additional reason to demolish Symbian sales as rapidly as possible, bet everything on Windows and then sell the handset division to Microsoft?
Nokia shareholders have been wondering for more than two years why Elop made such brutally negative comments about Symbian in the beginning of his tenure. At that point, Nokia was still shipping more than 20 M units of Symbian smartphones quarterly. Would it not have been sensible to promise operators strong Symbian support for years and an aggressively marketed niche for the OS in the budget smartphone market? That might have slowed down Symbian sales erosion and given Nokia more time to transition to a new OS. Instead, Elop gave a curiously dramatic condemnation of Symbian and effectively signaled to global carriers Nokia would kill the platform as soon as possible. Operators started canceling Symbian orders right after the “burning platform” drama erupted.
We now know that when Elop was hastening Symbian’s decline in the spring of 2011 he already knew that if Symbian sales would collapse and Nokia would start bleeding cash, he could sell the handset unit to Microsoft and personally cash in $25 M. You can hardly blame Elop for making a grab for the money. But you have to question the competence and motivations of Nokia’s board in pushing its own CEO to dismantle the company. How could the board have known in 2010 that it truly is in Nokia’s best interest to sell its phone unit cheaply in 2013? If the board had no such knowledge, why would it create a compensation package that favors that outcome?
As BlackBerry’s disastrous August quarter demonstrates, the handset industry is growing inhospitable to minor operating systems. Apple AAPL -1.07% and Samsung continue increasing their dominance. Nokia always did face an uphill battle in the spring of 2011. But thanks to its board of directors, it entered that battle with a general who was promised a king’s ransom should he happen to lose. Nokia’s directors will go down in the European business history as one of the most perverse crews to lead a major corporation in the post-war era.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A funny story about Steve Ballmer during the negotiations for Microsoft to acquire Nokia:

http://allthingsd.com/20130904/from...he-inside-story-of-microsofts-nokia-purchase/

At one point, Ballmer and Smith were walking back to their conference room together. But, in just a moment, he was gone and there was a loud scream, the kind of yell that only comes from the uncommonly strong lungs of the voluble Microsoft leader.

The roar startled the Nokia team, who figured that Ballmer had reacted particularly negatively to one of their proposals, while those in Microsoft’s conference room had no idea what was going on. Then, they heard the sound of people running, which seemed even more unsettling.

What happened, it turned out, was that Ballmer had not seen a clear glass coffee table and had tripped, hitting his head and leaving a gash on his forehead, just above the eyebrow.

Two members of Microsoft’s security team ran in search of a first-aid kit. Myerson texted the Nokia team to let them know what had happened.
Even as he was being patched up, Ballmer began talking to Siilasmaa and Elop, who had come out of their conference room to check on his injuries.

From there the two teams went to dinner, a functional but not-particularly-attractive bandage adorning Ballmer’s face.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sad case for Blackberry. They cancelled a few products and retrenched a lot of employees.

I remember Blackberries were very popular in 2007-2009.

I could never understand blackberry, since it first came out & they were used mainly by business people & managers...could not understand, how to read, email, type reply on a cramped keyboard in which my fingers are so much bigger..it was in, was it then green screen & so small font. Later it caught on with the youngsters in schools...& that was then Blackberry started evolving. mostly for its cheap messaging system..can we compare whatsapp with it??

I never got used to the various drop down menus....etc..never got to like that phone...

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It does not matter to me, I would not touch No Kia shit even if its free. I kenna con by nokia soo many times than this time I am going to ensure they dont get a single cent from me. Nokia can wind up shop for all I care..

I like Nokia for its toughess nothing else..used it for years, have dropped it in water...open up quickly, dry it with a hair dryer...& voila it is usable again...only the battery...hmm have to buy new ones..& plenty of 3rd party...try that, with your smartphone today...your $898 phone..is a goner.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do too many things on my android phone now to ever go back to Nokee,,,however i do have an old N71 and use it for my travels,,,

I like Nokia for its toughess nothing else..used it for years, have dropped it in water...open up quickly, dry it with a hair dryer...& voila it is usable again...only the battery...hmm have to buy new ones..& plenty of 3rd party...try that, with your smartphone today...your $898 phone..is a goner.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The old world order was Nokia and Blackberry. The current world order is Apple and Samsung. Wonder what's the next??

the current order comprises apple and google. samsung rides on the software prowess and coat tail of android which is owned by google. samsung is working on their own os, but it is so shitty and it will not take off.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of those Nokia retail shops in shopping mall already "close shop".

Next to wind up will be HTC phone if they continue to use microshit platform for all their models.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most Mobile brand had their day in the sun...
Motorola, Ericsson, Nokia....Nokia had a particular long reign...
Things went downhill for nokia with the smartphone revolution.
Apple and Samsung also will be knocked off one day...

So pap haters take heed....by the same logic, pap will be knocked out soon