• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Plight of the taxi drivers

bigbossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_268903.html?vgnmr=1

Rough ride

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
sun-taxi.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

The drivers are seeking legal advice and help from their MP. -- SAMUEL HE/THE STRAITS
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

IT HAS not been easy for some drivers of CNG cabs linked to Smart Automobile.

Citing high fuel consumption and mechanical problems, 15 cabbies representing more than 25 of their colleagues met the company's managing director on Saturday.

They want to return their vehicles.

The company has offered $100 a month to each driver of the Kia Carens taxi to offset costs.

The drivers are seeking legal advice and help from their MP.

Read the full story in tomorrow's edition of The Sunday Times.

mrbell1009

Alfrescian
Loyal
The root of the problem is, there are only 3 CNG refilling stations, 1 in mandai and 2 in Jurong. A full tank can travel 200km only.

Gillette

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rebate of S$100/month is meaningless when the taxi rental is at least S$90/day or S$2700/month. The rental charged is really profiteering when one can get a car by paying around S$1000+/month, including bank loan service, insurances, road taxes, etc. IMO, renting taxis in Singapore is one of the most profitable industries, which is also why the government wants to monopolize it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

They must be joking, going to them is like no help at all. They still trust that the govt will help them after so many years of getting conned out of their life?

Then they deserved all the shit they get.

Last edited:

tate

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
sun-taxi.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

The drivers are seeking legal advice and help from their MP. -- SAMUEL HE/THE STRAITS

I wonder who's the MP :confused:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The question here is why there is only so few CNG stations.

It's useless to talk to the taxi company, the cabbies have signed the contract and they are stuck, either they pay the penalty or just bear with it.

As for the S$100, they just tell you you can pay it back to me on your next day rental. After that, you are on your own.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try to catch a cab between 11p.m. and 12a.m. See if you still have any sympathy left for cabbies.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taxi driver need to sign contract for how long the contract( 1 month/3 month/ 6 month)?
Anyone can give the detail? Share share info....

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_268903.html?vgnmr=1

Rough ride

sun-taxi.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

IT HAS not been easy for some drivers of CNG cabs linked to Smart Automobile.

Citing high fuel consumption and mechanical problems, 15 cabbies representing more than 25 of their colleagues met the company's managing director on Saturday.

They want to return their vehicles.

The company has offered $100 a month to each driver of the Kia Carens taxi to offset costs.

Read the full story in tomorrow's edition of The Sunday Times.

I am getting my voational licence soon. Based on my calculations, one shift can make about $2,500 to $2,800 net every month. Should be quite okay, only thing sometimes passengers can be damn kwailan, so got to be cool. I intend to put a videocam in my cab when I get it.

sally

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am getting my voational licence soon. Based on my calculations, one shift can make about $2,500 to $2,800 net every month. Should be quite okay, only thing sometimes passengers can be damn kwailan, so got to be cool. I intend to put a videocam in my cab when I get it.

Good luck & Best Wishes :biggrin: :smile:

omega

Alfrescian
Loyal
downgrader said:
Based on my calculations, one shift can make about $2,500 to $2,800 net every month.

That is good money. How many hours is one shift?

If work 2 shift, then the money is really good. :biggrin:

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro better do yr sums again. i got friends who are taxi drivers . one shift max 1K plus. if work like horse can get 2K plus but very tiring.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CNG is a con job..

full tank travels only 200km.. that means taxi driver must top up more than 1 time per day.. everytime gotta wait for 30mins or so..:confused:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is hard to sympathise with taxi drivers becos of their devil-may-care attitude while driving..:mad:

just my humble and honest opinion.