• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bishan's unsung heroes

bigbossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_268766.html?vgnmr=1

Bishan's unsung heroes

By Gracia Chiang
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
bn-sg-bishanheroes.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Residents in the HDB blocks there would find Mr Sidik (far left) a familiar face.
-- TUNI SHARIFF/BERITA

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
HE CLIMBS up and down hundreds of stairs seven days a week, clearing vomit, dog poo and litter carelessly left behind by residents.

It's a job that most would shun but Mr Sidik Ahmad, 68, doesn't mind.

'At least I am earning something every month. I don't want to take money from my two older children as they have their own families,' he said.

He earns $900 a month as a cleaner and is employed by a private cleaning company.

On National Day, he and six other cleaners received a $500 cash award each from Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng for having served at least five years in the Bishan estate.

Residents in the HDB blocks there would find Mr Sidik a familiar face.

Since 2002, the lanky man has been sweeping and mopping corridors and lift landings from 7.30am to 4.30pm daily.

Read the full story in tomorrow's edition of The Sunday Times.

tate

Alfrescian
Loyal
On National Day, he and six other cleaners received a $500 cash award each from Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng for having served at least five years in the Bishan estate.

Melayu boleh :p Good for them :biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I taught the local citizen cleaner will get bonus from gov. for every 6 month they stay in the job right.