• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOM orders church to compensate church worker dismissed for adultery

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the male employee fired too?

It seems like she is already applied for divorce, and then was impregnanted by colleague. Technically is adultery, but quite grey as it take years to complete divorce proceeding.
ya hor!

the paper processing can wait but the horniness cannot tahan!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
PS: the last para DOES NOT apply to FCBC lawrence the kong or his church

Posted by a friend: "I hate Christians, and I only want to be around ...atheists, queers, fill in the blank". I said something similar around three years ago. I did not mean the whole group, but really wanted to be passive-aggressive about the hurt I was feeling, and my anger towards those I assumed were religious. I now understand how my lament cut into the hearts of those I had been around. My generalizations about "Christians" lumped everyone into a category- and some of those were people I loved. I railed with anger, and wanted everyone to listen to me cause I was a fucking prophet. and I hurt people. People I cared for- people who read my words and were offended. How mean I was to the church and the individuals who make up that category. And yet, I never meant sweet little old Martha, nor sweet Susy Jane and Bobby Joe who brought me soup when I was sick and nearly dead during my first month of seminary. But yet, I was so damned angry that I alienated everyone with a series of facebook posts and tweets. I lost their trust, and the ability to be heard as a prophet, teacher, or even a different voice. I lost my voice, because I shut them down, I closed them off, and I lumped them into categories. I told them to see the Divine in the Muslim, the gay, the foreigner, and the atheist, and yet I didn't bother to see the divine in them. I was prideful. I thought I was "educated." I thought I was the posterfuckinggirl for the new Pentecostals. And all the time Philippians 2 lingered in my head & heart about serving all, and laying down power, and loving others, but I was too angry to listen. So I rejected everyone, lumped them into a category. I was a bigot. and I was wrong. Now, when I hear this from friends who are expressing hurt, I tilt my head and lean in, wanting them to know that I care about their feelings. And if they can hear from me, I will give them a safe space to share this pain. And also, I will show them that not all "Christians, Jesus people, spiritualists, fill in the blank" are complete dicks - but sometimes we have bad days, and bad weeks. And we do piss people off, hurt people and alienate people. But I hope to God I have also learned some wisdom. No matter how disgusted, pissed off, or feeling righteous indignation against injustice I hope to never lump everyone into a category, but rather say "we" - Rebecca Bec Cranford-Smith

--
Perhaps others can relate?

How I responded: "Powerful confession. Thank God for God's grace. In the name of Christ, you are forgiven. (reconciliation rocks. : )"

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask the pastor to comment on his daughter's affair that bred a baby out of wedlock lah!!!! Blardy hypocrite!!!

hmm,

Mr Eugene Seow, 52, executive director of Touch, says Pastor Khong is a leader who is open to new ideas and gives people the freedom to try out different things.

“He’s also a very transparent and honest person. He shares things about his personal life so that people can understand him better,” he adds.

One of the very personal things that he volunteers to Life! without any prompting is that Priscilla is a single mother, with a five-year-old son born out of wedlock.

“I’m not ashamed of talking about it. In fact, I told my church members when it happened,” he says.

But he says it broke his heart when he first knew that she was pregnant and he was so mad that he wanted her to leave the family home.

However, his wife talked to him and he forgave Priscilla. His grandson Isaac is now the apple of his eye and he sends the boy to school every day.

“I don’t hold grudges. Whatever you’ve done, whether you’ve taken drugs or committed a crime, if you say ‘I’m wrong, please help me’, I will bend backwards to help you,” he says with quiet resolve.

“This is my job. But if you continue to sleep around or beat up your wife, then I’ll say, leave my church. I will not help you, but I will help your wife to get a divorce.”

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jesus died on the cross for our sins, why the fuck this pastor cannot forgive adultery.:oIo:

Be like Jesus mah.:rolleyes:

When we asked her, she admitted to having an affair with another colleague even before her divorce proceedings were final.
We are a church. If we concede that the dismissal was unjust, it means we are condoning adultery and it will weaken our moral and spiritual authority in the organisation.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm,

Mr Eugene Seow, 52, executive director of Touch, says Pastor Khong is a leader who is open to new ideas and gives people the freedom to try out different things.

“He’s also a very transparent and honest person. He shares things about his personal life so that people can understand him better,” he adds.

One of the very personal things that he volunteers to Life! without any prompting is that Priscilla is a single mother, with a five-year-old son born out of wedlock.

“I’m not ashamed of talking about it. In fact, I told my church members when it happened,” he says.

But he says it broke his heart when he first knew that she was pregnant and he was so mad that he wanted her to leave the family home.

However, his wife talked to him and he forgave Priscilla. His grandson Isaac is now the apple of his eye and he sends the boy to school every day.

“I don’t hold grudges. Whatever you’ve done, whether you’ve taken drugs or committed a crime, if you say ‘I’m wrong, please help me’, I will bend backwards to help you,” he says with quiet resolve.

“This is my job. But if you continue to sleep around or beat up your wife, then I’ll say, leave my church. I will not help you, but I will help your wife to get a divorce.”

Woohoo! A superduper hypocrite pastor!

And those idiot go listen to him speak his hypocrisy regularly. Must be brain dead zombies walking around with open wallets for the pastor to pick.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
his is the right thing for the church to do, letter writer says.
lawrence-priscilla-khong
Dear New Nation,
I would like to congratulate Pastor Lawrence Khong of Faith Community Baptist Church for his courage to do the right thing in the face of public ridicule.
It was reported in the media today that he fired his church employee last year for sinning — specifically, committing adultery and getting pregnant, while her divorce was still not finalised.
Priscilla Khong
Priscilla Khong
The sacked employee, however, had the cheek to go to the Ministry of Manpower to complain because she was not given salary and maternity benefits. For shame.
Let us look at the facts to see how Pastor Lawrence Khong is correct for doing what he did.
Pastor Lawrence Khong said the justification for firing the employee is sound: “We are a church. If we concede that the dismissal was unjust, it means we are condoning adultery and it will weaken our moral and spiritual authority in the organisation.”
Imagine what would happen if he let the adulteress remain in the church? How will her behaviour influence her colleagues? There is absolutely no good reason he should continue to keep her and set a bad example for everyone.
Except if the woman sinning is his own daughter.
Because last time, when Pastor Lawrence Khong’s daughter Priscilla Khong got herself pregnant without getting married, he did not cast her into the wilderness.
He did what every good Christian would do: Forgive and forget. He did the right thing to protect his own flesh and blood. Pastor Lawrence Khong showed exemplary behaviour by acting as if everything is normal for his daughter.
This is staying true to the spirit of God’s word.
On the other hand, to cast his employee aside and let her wander the wilderness while pregnant because she did something sinful like adultery, is definitely commendable.
Because at the end of the day, committing adultery is worse than getting pregnant out of wedlock.
Yours truly,
Conservative Nazi

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did anyone spot what's wrong with the statement he made?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did anyone spot what's wrong with the statement he made?

the soap didn't fall too far away, hence no need to bend "over" :confused:

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compared to FCBC, Kong Hee and Prince can be considered Johnny-come-latelies.
Anyone remember one of the earliest cult imports from the US, TCC?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huh? Why drag the daughter into it? I don't think she commented on this case at all. No matter what the father says or does, she is an adult and responsible for her own actions. For all we know she already broke ties with her controlling father.

They still perform magic together....where got break ties?