• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China and India soldiers exchange beer and candy after face off at border

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They gave back the weapons, but stayed put on the territory they won over but ceded a little land to give the Nehru govt 'face'. In reality, the Line of Actual Control was extended into Indian territory from the pre-1959 definition.

ah that's good. Never give shit skins face. I suppose they gave that nehru govt face for international relations.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf? forgot? :*: i can undertsand if they had pressing matters to attend to not immediately take over but why didn't they try to take it back later?

i understand mao zadong annexed a large portion of shan state land near burma where the nationalists were hiding to kick them out of china.

the Communist was chasing the Nationalist to inland Chengdu and ignored/forgot the border areas. maybe the CCP thought that those countries would not take control of the border areas. at that time in late 1950, the PRC had ruled China for only a year. they had lots of pressing maters to attend to and solve. the Nationalist still held up in Hanan island till May 1950 then the Korean war happened. very few countries recognized the PRC. the PRC was not a United Nations member. they can't complain about the border intrusions to the United Nations.

i think the PRC was reluctant in the first few years of its establishment to solve the border issues. there were many more important matters to deal with, internally and externally. the PRC did not want to weaken the relations with the few countries that recognized it internationally like India and Burma. so PRC allowed India to have its way with the border issues and gave Shan state to Burma.