• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Let me introduce the most unsinkified man in sinkieland

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
tong-ming-mong-01.jpg

Five months ago, cab-driver Tong Ming Ming (above), 34, donated 70 percent of his liver to a complete stranger — a civil servant from the Ministry of Home Affairs — after reading about a plea for an organ donor on Facebook.
Now get this: The Ministry of Health has since confirmed that this is the first ever altruistic liver donation in Singapore by an unrelated living donor.
Which naturally makes it a better Love story (of the agape kind) than Pierre Png and Andrea de Cruz.

tong-ming-mong-03.jpg

Was there any objections to wanting to be a donor to a stranger when the outcome could have been fatal to both parties?
Well, Tong, sounding very reasonable about the whole thing, said: “Mom was ok, since young she knows that I want to help someone. I told her when I was very young, that if I die, donate all my organs.”
“I got the full support of my mom.”

tong-ming-mong-02.jpg

So what do we know about this Good Samaritan?
Well, he is a bachelor, a Christian, an ex-police officer who became a cab driver and an overall do-gooder.
He became a taxi driver in January and ferries amputees for medical appointments, kidney patients for dialysis and poor older folk to church.
He will waive the fare, although some regular passengers pay a token sum.
And he became a police officer in the first place because it was the police who protected his family when he was young when they were harassed by loan sharks.

i give full respect to him and i am confirm that he is a Vegan.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why he become policeman ? He should become god since christian believes every good thing is done by god .

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is extreme.........I will never do it.

This guy is SIAO liao.

But if Andrea De Cruz's bf, I may consider if she let me fuck her any way I like and moan like she always do so well.

Other than that, no way.....my liver is needed to produce the choresterol for my brain to function.

But this guy no need liver, cos he has no brain or his brain oredy screwed up beyond repair.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am quite sure he is suffering from some undiagnosed form of brain damage/disorder. this extreme altruistic act is a symptom of an underlying condition. something to do with the Amygdala.

http://www.amren.com/features/2012/07/pathological-altruism/

Science writer and novelist David Brin writes about the same thing, noting that “dogmatic self-righteousness is often an ‘addiction’.” He adds that “sanctimony, or a sense of righteous outrage, can feel so intense and delicious that many people actively seek to return to it, again and again.” He calls this need to stimulate the brain with self righteousness “self doping,” and defines it as follows:

The pleasure of knowing, with subjective certainty, that you are right and your opponents are deeply, despicably wrong. Or, that your method of helping others is so purely motivated and correct that all criticism can be dismissed with a shrug, along with any contradicting evidence.

This is the kind of conviction that can lead to acts of altruism that are clearly pathological. At the same time, whether these authors know it or not, they have provided a strikingly vivid portrait of mental state of anti-racism and of the motives that drive it. In the West, there is nothing that offers more ecstatic self-righteousness than denouncing “racism.”

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good Christian – a rarity in Singapore these days.

Agreed, now a days Christian bosses like mine was a fuckup bastard create all the havoc in the
office, torture staff, force them to resign.. but now karma has finally arrived at his doorstep!

Recently he has cancer a Lim_Po-Ma cancer of the throat!!!

Look at Kong Hee he preach but he also cheat

A true Hypocrite !!

And those attendees are zombies who believe in him!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In healthy donors, the liver can grow back to normal size within weeks.

it is not true regeneration but rather compensatory increase in size . may not function as well...

The liver is the only human internal organ capable of natural regeneration of lost tissue; as little as 25% of a liver can regenerate into a whole liver.This is, however, not true regeneration but rather compensatory growth.The lobes that are removed do not regrow and the growth of the liver is a restoration of function, not original form. This contrasts with true regeneration where both original function and form are restored. In liver, large areas of the tissues are formed but for the formation of new cells there must be sufficient amount of material so the circulation of the blood becomes more active.

This is predominantly due to the hepatocytes re-entering the cell cycle. That is, the hepatocytes go from the quiescent G0 phase to the G1 phase and undergo mitosis. This process is activated by the p75 receptors.There is also some evidence of bipotential stem cells, called hepatic oval cells or ovalocytes (not to be confused with oval red blood cells of ovalocytosis), which are thought to reside in the canals of Hering. These cells can differentiate into either hepatocytes or cholangiocytes, the latter being the cells that line the bile ducts.

Scientific and medical works about liver regeneration often refer to the Greek Titan Prometheus who was chained to a rock in the Caucasus where, each day, his liver was devoured by an eagle, only to grow back each night. The myth suggests the ancient Greeks knew about the liver’s remarkable capacity for self-repair, however, this claim is without evidence.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the contrary, he is the most Sinkified man in Sinkieland.

He supports HOTA so much, he wants to participate in it while he is still alive. :rolleyes:

Don't be a Sinkie. Opt out of HOTA today.