• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Real life "Chinese hungry ghosts" caught on film by Stomper!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man bags fruits left as offerings for start of Hungry Ghost Festival
Posted on 08 August 2013 | 6287 views | 12 comments | 4 shares

manofferingmain.jpg

manofferingmain.jpg

STOMPer Fiona was incensed to find a group of men lurking around her housing estate to take fruits used as offerings by others to mark the start of the Hungry Ghost Festival.

Sending in a photo together with her report, Fiona wrote:

"Just when you thought the 7th month is for our so-called 'good brothers' or anything that you can't see with your own eyes, this picture will prove you wrong.

"Just when you thought that person in this blur and dark picture of mine (I really don't want to on my flash and end up having someone smashing my phone. Okay, i adjusted the brightness of this picture) is actually praying, you couldn't be more wrong.

"Throughout the 20-odd minutes that we were making our offerings to the 'good brothers' under my block, we saw several of these men -- who look like they're from China -- going around picking up the fruits used as offerings and putting them into their huge plastic bags.

"They will loiter around the area and when a group was done with their praying and leaves the area, they will come over and pick their 'goods'.

"Some of these men were already carrying big red plastic bag that were half-filled by around 8pm.

"Some of you guys must be wondering: 'why so petty?'

"We are fine with people picking them up if they seriously look poor and got nothing to eat, but not healthy men who are fit to work for their own living like them.

"These men were only interested in fruits, and not the huat-kueh that should be more filling than the fruits.

"Why would they need a huge plastic bag full of fruits? I think the motive behind it should be quite obvious -- probably to sell them off."

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
first of all,

the fucking chink pollute the air and now they litter the ground with edible food and blame other from taking them and eating it.

they are trying to clear up the litter that you have polluted in the first place, sinkie!

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The offerings laid on roadside also help those humans who are really hungry.

Don't worry too much about this..after all, the fruits usually rot, if the 'other people' think the ah tiongs are stealing their food (offering), it is their problems. But, we are feeding the POOR 'hungry' 'gods' everyday, with 7%..so what is frightening??

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng replies to Stomper fiona: why waste food?:biggrin: dogs, cats, rats n birds will come n eat them also mah!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone should put poison into the food offerings.

Ghosts are immune to poison. Tiong scavengers, on the other hand, aren't.

Would be fun to see a few of them drop dead like poisoned rats. :biggrin:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to the belief, these people that the take the offerings will face problems....the spirits will not be happy..

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng replies laksaboy: dun like that mah! :biggrin: they are helping to keep the environment clean and free of pests like rats n cockroaches mah!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like that, won't you be starting a cycle? the ah tiongs die, they have to put up food to pray to the dead ah tiongs, & then other ah tiongs come & steal the food...

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng says: when people are really starving, they even search the garbage bins for food leh!:biggrin: u want some?

Last edited:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the ghosts will be angry if you eat the food offered to them.

They will do... strange things to you when you're asleep. :wink:

It is even more strange that anyone should complain. Isn't it right to feed the hungry people rather than waste food on the so called ghost? Haiz.. superstitions will never go away.

I_hv_adream

Alfrescian
Loyal
why kpkb over this...we should be more worry that those guys or Ah Tiong selling them near MRT STN or Market area!!!

Think and don't repeat like a parrot!!!