• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Celebrating National Day in a different way this Aug 9

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/celebrating-national-day-in-a-different-way-this-aug-9--091954531.html

[h=1]Celebrating National Day in a different way this Aug 9[/h]
ynewslogo-071424_075919.png
<cite class="byline vcard">By Elizabeth Soh | Yahoo! Newsroom – <abbr title="2013-08-07T09:19:53Z">2 hours 30 minutes ago</abbr></cite>

• Yahoo! Newsroom/Gilbert Goh - Thinking of another way to spend your Aug 9 national holiday?

Singaporeans looking to do something different this National Day might want to check out a celebration happening at Hong Lim Park.

The three-hour long event, organised by the same bloggers behind the #FreeMyInternet and May Day protest against Singapore's population policy, will be held from 4-7 pm.

It will feature bloggers and speakers like Tan Jee Say, Dr Ang Yong Guan, Ravi Philemon,and Leong Sze Hian. They will discuss topics like the Singaporean identity, National Service, migration and other current issues.

Homage will be paid to the late President Ong Teng Cheong and opposition politician J B Jeyaretnam.

Side activities like balloon-making and face painting, as well as snacks like curry puffs and cookies, will be provided at the free event.

At a press conference held on Wednesday afternoon, organiser Gilbert Goh emphasised that unlike previous rallies held by the same group of activists, the National Day event will be a "celebration not a protest" that aims to "recapture the kampung spirit".

So far, 400 people have RSVP-ed for the celebration and Goh expects the eventual turnout to be at least 700-strong.

Big eat

Meanwhile, if chowing down local food is your priority on Friday, The Big Makan, organised by the Singapore Kindness Movement, promises to bond Singaporeans and foster a community spirit over pots of curry.

The gathering for foodies will feature three different local curries -- Chinese, Indian and Malay — for participants to feast on while catching a live screening of the National Day Parade.

Curry was chosen to represent Singapore's diversity, inclusiveness and unity as it is universally cooked in homes across the sunny island.

Those who sign up can bring extra home-cooked food to share with other partygoers. There will also be interactive games.

Also a free event, The Big Makan will be held from 6pm to 9 pm at Blk 10, Tanjong Rhu Civic Plaza and No. 7 Jalan Bintang Tiga.

<tbody>
</tbody>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Transitioning.org is organising a national day celebration event on August 9th from 4pm to 7pm at speakers’ corner entitled “[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Reclaiming Singapore for Singaporeans[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]“.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We hope that this event will gather back the thousands who came for our two historical events on 16th Feb and 1st May – you came because you love your country and not anything else.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I know that many Singaporeans are also away for the super long weekend but those who stay behind hopefully will support our event on national day – we need your support as always.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We also want to reiterate here that this is not a protest event but an occasion to celebrate our nation’s birthday – we hope that this event will bring together thousands of Singaporeans who want to celebrate the occasion with us together as one nation and have nowhere to go as the NDP celebration is limited to only the few thousands with tickets.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Our guest speakers include Mr Tan Jee Say, Mr Leong Sze Hian and Mr Ravi Philemon among others.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We also want to take this opportunity in our event to support our local cartoonist Leslie Chew who has been charged by the authorities and[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]will announce more details later on this matter.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We hope to celebrate Hari Raya Puasa with our Muslim friends on that day as well and encourage them to bring along their delicious food so that we can share of the delicacies together. We will have stalls set up for this purpose.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Those who are keen to support this Muslim food gallery can email us at[email protected].[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]During these few years, Singaporeans have been battled hard due to the flawed foreign influx policy and many young Singaporeans I spoken to have seriously considered the path of emigration. Some have already left the country for greener pastures.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Many have also lost the love for the country as they saw waves after waves of foreigners coming by to replace and displace them at all levels. Many preferred the old Singapore of the eighties whereby we have enough jobs to go by and people simply are more caring for one another.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The weak Singaporean identity we have all along is now been foreshadowed by this overwhelming heavy foreign presence in our country. Many felt sold out and replaced.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Moreover, Singaporeans have all along resented the tag of Singapore Inc as it monetises everything that we do – from profiteering from the sales of our homes due to the inflated price to taking advantage of low-cost foreign workers by exploiting their easy availability.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hopefully, the event will be able to reunite all Singaporeans together as we saw how divided the country is right now.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Now is the time for Singaporeans to stand up and be counted…[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]People are struggling to get by with depressed wages and broken families and they are now no longer competing with one another but the heavy foreign influx for jobs and space.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Polarisation is also the by-word nowadays as we saw how the huge wage gap is getting bigger and how it severely alienates the rich from the poor especially when wealthy foreigners are welcome with open arms by the government.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]There is never a time that I saw my country as disunited as now and its saddening…[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We hope that Singaporeans from all walks of life will gather together as one and attend our celebration event.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We want to bring back the love to the country by asking those who are keen to speak on that day to email us at [email protected].[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You need to speak on the topic[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]“What can we do to renew the love for my country once again?”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We will be limiting each speech to ten minutes only. There will also be other speakers lining up on that day and details will be made known later.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We hope that the event – organised by another alternative group on national day – will bring back the love for the country again.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]All along, national day events are organised by the ruling party and they are often used to publicise the achievements of the ruling party. Its time that an alternative group organises national day event for Singaporeans.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you Singapore and please support our event if you are free on that day - hope to see you soon. We all need to stay united together in these dark days.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Though we may not approve with what the government has done, it does not mean that we dont love our country.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Singapore for Singaporeans.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Gilbert Goh[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]President[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Transitioning– unemployment support services[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Editor’s Note: Please go to our event page on facebook.[/FONT][/FONT]

<tbody>
</tbody>

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think must add a bit of civil disobedience on national day.
Throw some litter to make NEA busy....
Other suggestions welcome.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will be at Hong Lim.
I will be happy to give 100 to the organisers there just like the earlier times I was there

I do not have the time but I can give money and happy to give money to encourage them to organise more

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck is that? Go reservoir? Hope all of you fall inside and make the hell gates on the 2nd day.

The Central Catchment is much more than just a couple of manmade reservoirs. If you truly care about this country you would know and appreciate that by now. Go and have a look here, maybe it will open your eyes: http://www.nss.org.sg/

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Central Catchment is much more than just a couple of manmade reservoirs. If you truly care about this country you would know and appreciate that by now. Go and have a look here, maybe it will open your eyes: http://www.nss.org.sg/

Damn presumptuous of you to accuse another person of lack of knowledge about Singapore. You're the new guy here in this land, in case you don't know.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE FOR SINGAPOREANS

Not interested to watch these PAP bastards in their NDP wayang, they flood our tiny island with so many foreigners still got cheek to celebrate national day :mad: :mad:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn presumptuous of you to accuse another person of lack of knowledge about Singapore. You're the new guy here in this land, in case you don't know.

I talk about the Central Catchment and he tells me not to fall into that reservoir. He clearly knows jackshit about his own country.

Nothing presumptuous, it's the sad truth.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hell hole no shit! All of you fall into the reservoir and die there making it more famous than the one at Bedok and when you arrive in Hades, boy will that REALLY OPEN YOUR FREAKING EYES! LOL

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I talk about the Central Catchment and he tells me not to fall into that reservoir. He clearly knows jackshit about his own country.

Nothing presumptuous, it's the sad truth.

Hes asking you to fall inside, not to watch out. Then maybe u can really integrate, I mean your soul, can wander Singapore like a true Sinkie Ghost.