• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kitchen appliance that will improve HEALTH

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
As an old guy I'm always keeping an eye out to improve my health. Something that I overlooked was getting a JUICER:eek:

It really makes sense since you don't need any cooking skills. Just need to get the veggies/fruits and the time to juice. Since no cooking is involved, you maximise the nutrients you are getting from fruits/veggies.
The idea to get a juicer came from reading a book on the "Gerson Therapy". If you have a health problem like diabetes, cancer, etc I recommend you read the book. It is a diet based treatment.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Gerson-Th...77013&sr=8-1&keywords=the+gerson+therapy+book

Steve Jobs decided to treat his own cancer with diet and juiced based remedies. The decision delayed proper treatment. He paid the price and died at the age of 56.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Steve Jobs decided to treat his own cancer with diet and juiced based remedies. The decision delayed proper treatment. He paid the price and died at the age of 56.

If only he had tried soursop juice, today he would be alive, and AAPL stock would be US1000 per share.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you johnny333 for this thread. I've known the Gerson Therapy thing 10 years ago and I believe its very beneficial for good health. At that time I bought a very big slow juicer which I used until today and I guess its about time to change to a more compact one. Saw the Hurom youtube that yo posted and also found out its available in Thailand selling at 13,900 baht or S$560. Will go get one this week. Thanks again I didn't know slow juicer had become so compact and convenient.

When I was looking at juicers my main concern was with the yield because organic produce is expensive & I'm also looking for the therepeutic value of juicers. I looked at getting the "best". The Gerson people recommended the Norwalk. It's expensive at US$2,300 & weighing almost 30kg. I decided to go with the Super Angel 7500 because it was smaller & cheaper and also made of stainless steel but is a 1 stage juicer vs Norwalks 2 stage process.

You can see how it performs vs the Super Angel in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-roFYa1wPpk

The Super Angel is more expensive I paid US1,400 for my unit. The parts are all stainless steel with a 12 year warranty. However you have to send it to Korea for servicing. The local distributor only carries a 2 year warranty for the Super Angel that is why I bought it directly from the manufacturer in Korea to get the 12 year warranty. For most, the Hurom is a good unit. They OEM for many brands like the Omega brand, Cosway, etc In the US the Omega carries I think a 10 year warranty.

Whatever model you chose, just make sure to use it :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Charlie99. It seemed that this is also available here in Thailand as the website suggest. I'll have a look at this.

I was reading a book on smoothies AND juicing. There's no reason to only consider one over the other. Can do both.

Anyway the author feels that the Blendtec(British made) has some advantages compared to the Vitamix : 3 hp motor vs 2.5hp, it's squarish container is more compact & easier to store on kitchen countertops.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ndtec&sprefix=blendte,aps&rh=i:aps,k:blendtec

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The gerson theraphy has been around a long time already, now you can get the slow juicers from best Denki, about 239 only,. I bought mine from amazon. There is also a shop selling the gerson theraphy and book, video VCD etc at tan boon liat building. it is the only shop there. For coffee enema there was a company that did this but now not allowed already. there is also a machine that does this enama, however if you go to the hospital , it is very expensive. I bought my slow Omega juicer from amazon, however i needed to buy the 230 to 110 vac adaptor. Not easy to get organic fruits here in singapore. so far juicing has been very good. Another health advise is to purchase virgin coconut oil from Philipines, it is very good. Not sure if there are any Gerson qualified doctors in singapore.

You can get 230V versions of the Omega, Green Star,... models. Just google the band & include "230V". I found Australian & US distributors which carried 230volt models. In my case that's how I found the Korean company that manufactures the Super Angel.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Steve Jobs is a sad case. He was a workaholic & even when he knew he had health problems he did not slow down to deal with his health.

From most books I've read you need to slow down, relax, eat properly,....if you are ill. That's something SJ probably couldn't do. One does not get ill overnight. The Budwig, Gerson therapy,... are not 100%. If they are effective it usually takes about 3 years for a patient to recover.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are looking for a juicer you might find the following site useful for understanding the different types of juicers:
http://www.eujuicers.com/en/catalog/juicers/household

If you go to this site http://www.eujuicers.com/en/health-and-fresh-juice & scroll down the page, there is a table showing the nutritional value per 100gm of different vegetables e.g. broccoli, tomatoes, apples, carrots, from 1985,1996, & 2002. You will find that the amount of nutritional value has fallen from 12% to 97%. That's why one needs to consume more veggie/fruits

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Want to try juicing wheat grass because prices is very reasonable. However I can't find it in the local NTUC, Cold Storage, etc. Is it available at only certain branches:confused:

I notice that you can get it from a farm in Lim Chu Kang but for me that's very far :(
I've seen a group of plant companies along Thomson Rd, opposite Marymount Convent. Do they carry wheatgrass:confused:

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prices of the Phillips Airfryer can now be bought cheaper because competing products can be found e.g T-Fals Actifry. Wait a while longer & there will probably be be even more cheaper alternative products available.
From a health standpoint frying even with minimal oil is not healthy.

Juicing on the other hand is much healthier with many of the enzymes found in fruits/veggies preserved because low heat is used when juicing.

Air also can use for frying? .din know of such thing.

For Singaporeans the 3 most threatening disease that comes with age are diabetes, high blood, high chlolestrol. Compounded by stress ful living.

Simple regular exercise and healthy diet . One thing go avoid is refined sugar and refined carbo like white rice. Drink coffee without sugar, brown rice instead of white rice. Cut down on meat.

Best not to juice your fruits as it destroys the vitamns-....just eat it as it is. Western style salad eating veggies raw uncook is good for you.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal

Never go for unproven medicine advertised on internet. They can make any claims the want. One of these scams is alkaline water completely useless of harmful to you. Drink this or that to cure gout and high blood is a waste of time and money. These are easily controlled using standard long term medication

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Air also can use for frying? .din know of such thing.

For Singaporeans the 3 most threatening disease that comes with age are diabetes, high blood, high chlolestrol. Compounded by stress ful living.

Simple regular exercise and healthy diet . One thing go avoid is refined sugar and refined carbo like white rice. Drink coffee without sugar, brown rice instead of white rice. Cut down on meat.

Best not to juice your fruits as it destroys the vitamns-....just eat it as it is. Western style salad eating veggies raw uncook is good for you.

The majority are attracted to the convenience of processed foods e.g. hawker, MacD, KFC,...
We all know we should eat a "healthy" diet but who has the time & knowledge to prepare one :o It usually take something serious like cancer or a heart attack before we consider changing our diet. I've known some cases where a person refused to change their lifestyle & they are now no longer around.

With juicing you don't need to know how to cook. In fact cooking will destroy the enzymes of the veggie/fruits. Juicing will not destroy the enzymes if you use a masticating juicer because it is a slow juicer with minimal heat to reduce oxidation. Takes me less than 10 minutes to juice my carrots, kale, celery, apple,... & 5 minutes to clean up. This I think anyone can do.

The most effective diet is the one that you will consume regularly. Since I started juicing I've added all those veggie/fruits to my staple of eating raw lettuce & tomatoes. The only downside that I've read about juicing is the lose of fibre from the discarded remnants.

You should watch "Fat sick & nearly dead" [video=youtube;8o0pSnp0Xs8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0pSnp0Xs8[/video] Joe Cross was overweight with plenty of health problems. He took the drastic step of going on a 60 day fast of only drinking juices. He didn't starve but recovered his former health.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never go for unproven medicine advertised on internet. They can make any claims the want. One of these scams is alkaline water completely useless of harmful to you. Drink this or that to cure gout and high blood is a waste of time and money. These are easily controlled using standard long term medication

Are you referring to the Gerson Therapy:confused:

If you are interested in the details of the Gerson Therapy you can get one of the many books from amazon about this therapy http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...rson+the,aps,438&rh=n:283155,k:gerson+therapy

I got "The Gerson Therapy: The Proven Nutritional Program for Cancer and Other Illnesses" Charlotte Gerson and Morton Walker D.P.M
If you look at how Dr. Gerson put together the protocols you'll understand why it is effective. Basically he had years of experience treating untreatable illnesses. All this experience is documented in the books.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I notice that someone took the trouble to ding my reputation pts because he disagreed & this is the comment he left:

"fucking spreading your filthy nymphomaniac lies again. full of bullshit n superstition"

The value of juicing to improving ones health is well documented. I didn't come up with this idea, others did. If you look at the Budwig diet & Gerson therapy the protocols is about eating healthy & nourishing foods & avoiding processed foods. They include coffee enemas as a method of detoxing.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The value of juicing to improving ones health is well documented. I didn't come up with this idea, others did. If you look at the Budwig diet & Gerson therapy the protocols is about eating healthy & nourishing foods & avoiding processed foods. They include coffee enemas as a method of detoxing.

Well it depends on what you mean by "juicing". If you mean that kind of juicing, hell man I agree!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well it depends on what you mean by "juicing". If you mean that kind of juicing, hell man I agree!

My biggest regret is that I didn't consider juicing earlier. I only focused on supplements: e.g. CoQ10, Omega3 oils, multi-vitamins,......etc
Juicing is great way of infusing the the body with all the enzymes & micro nutrients from potent organic veggies/fruits. It might have speeded up my recovery from heart problems.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got a chance to visit the health store at Tan Boon Liat Buiding. They have a nice range of health products including organic vegetables & fruits from Australia. They carry the Blendtec blender, champion juicer, Norwalk Juicer, water ionizers, etc

I bought a set of 8 vcds on the Gerson Therapy for $50 & they threw in a copy of "Healing The Gerson Way" http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Gerso...73217&sr=8-3&keywords=the+gerson+therapy+book So for those who want to know more about the details of the Gerson Therapy you can get this set at this store.

As bro terry1965 has pointed out they don't carry enema supplies.
Their organic products also include local products which do not use pesticides. Found things that wasn't available elsewhere such as organic beetroots, oranges, etc I was surprised that there were quite a number of customers during my visit which was during off peak hours.

The address is
Nature's Glory
315 Outram Road, #11-03
Tan Boon Liat Building( it's behind Holiday Inn)

Their url is : http://www.natures-glory.com/
hours are Mon: 9.30 to 2.30am
Tues to Sat: 9.30 to 6.30pm