• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MHA reaction after Kovan double murder

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual there will be knee-jerk reaction within the Ministry. CP is taking the whole incident rather personal as the suspect is a man under his charge. Despite following the current procedure for officers who has becomes security threat due to financial problem, this happened.

They are thinking of conducting a mass clean-up and getting all officers to declare their financial status and those of their immediate family (e.g. including wife and children).

All those who had previously falsely declared their finanical status will be taken to task and possibly terminated.

People should just learn to live within their means.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another useless paper to fill in... So what if a guy has serious finanical problem!? No need to work or cannot carry gun but still get paid$$$...

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Declaration of indebtedness is useless. If I owe $50 to my brother, so what? Does that mean I cannot repay him? When is the tipping point? Like this chap, Iskandar. He owed $62K to a bank but if he is repaying albeit not paying up fully his instalments, what does it have to mean? Do you dismiss him when he needed the job most?

I guess the system means that unless you are too big to fail, you cant owe even $1 to anybody. Big banks fail and get bailed out routinely by the taxpayers. Now one taxpayer owes a little, we all want to descend on him like a ton of bricks. Why cant the bank reschedule? Aftre all, OCBC is such a big fucking bank.

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it means:

An officer is considered to be financially embarrassed if:
(a) he is an undischarged bankrupt; or
(b) he signs a promissory note or an acknowledgement of indebtedness which goes against
paragraph L102; or
(c) at any time his total unsecured debts and liabilities are more than 3 months of his pay; or
(d) he is reported to be a judgment debtor.

Declaration of indebtedness is useless. If I owe $50 to my brother, so what? Does that mean I cannot repay him? When is the tipping point? Like this chap, Iskandar. He owed $62K to a bank but if he is repaying albeit not paying up fully his instalments, what does it have to mean? Do you dismiss him when he needed the job most?

I guess the system means that unless you are too big to fail, you cant owe even $1 to anybody. Big banks fail and get bailed out routinely by the taxpayers. Now one taxpayer owes a little, we all want to descend on him like a ton of bricks. Why cant the bank reschedule? Aftre all, OCBC is such a big fucking bank.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let say you owe $62K to bank, and are obliged to pay minimum 3% per month, this works out to be about $1800. For a SSgt earning maybe $4k per month - gross I presume, the weight of this debt is going to hit him like a ton of bricks.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
And what does L102 say?

it means:

(b) he signs a promissory note or an acknowledgement of indebtedness which goes against
paragraph L102; or
(c) at any time his total unsecured debts and liabilities are more than 3 months of his pay; or

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
They only allow people to be in debt for a 30 years debt that they created for you......hdb loan is ok. Overspending to buy a pigeon hole is ok, but one cannot "overspend" on other things.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does a loan taken out to buy a pigeon hole from hdb satisfy item (C)?

it means:

paragraph L102; or

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Under Instruction Manual 2 paragraph L102, an officer may not sign a promissory note or
an acknowledgement of indebtedness in any form either as a principal or surety. But this does
not apply to:
(a) money borrowed with enough land or a house as security;
(b) bank overdrafts;
(c) loans from insurance companies with insurance policies as security;
(d) loans from Government, Co-operative Societies or Building Societies;
(e) money borrowed on personal belongings pledged in pawnshops;
(f) money outstanding under hire-purchase agreements;
(g) study loans granted by recognised local institutions of higher learning to their
students (e.g. Singapore Polytechnic Students' Loan Fund); or
(h) renovation loans granted by any bank.

Does a loan taken out to buy a pigeon hole from hdb satisfy item (C)?

no_life_boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let say you owe $62K to bank, and are obliged to pay minimum 3% per month, this works out to be about $1800. For a SSgt earning maybe $4k per month - gross I presume, the weight of this debt is going to hit him like a ton of bricks.

Very sad hor only $4k per month after 14 yrs of service! SSgt some more.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i was reading the requirement and it seems there is less requirement for MPs than civil servants.

MP no need to declare the number of property he owns, the share he has, etc.

no_life_boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was reading the requirement and it seems there is less requirement for MPs than civil servants.

MP can hold other job but not civil servants. Why?

Time to reveal...

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They only allow people to be in debt for a 30 years debt that they created for you......hdb loan is ok. Overspending to buy a pigeon hole is ok, but one cannot "overspend" on other things.

Absolutely true, and there is this rule that if you want to take CPf For housing, you MUST Get a loan first, if not cannot extract one single cent from CPF?.. WTF.
and i know its true coz it happen to me
So i also in debt just coz i want to use my little CPF

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

MP salary alreay super big by average standards.and most MPs have a day job with another income